Phone wait times

Disstevefan1

I just went through this yesterday when I called with a question about Test Track at Epcot. The initial wait time said it would be 11 minutes, which was about right. After I asked my question, the cast member said she would have to contact someone else and for me to please hold. I looked at the time and after 30 minutes I hung up, thinking she had forgotten about me.

I called right back and this time I used the "Press 1 to leave a callback number", saying the current wait time was 29 minutes. After about 20 minutes someone called me back. After I asked my question again (different person this time) she said she would have to research the information and to please hold. This was around noon and I was determined to stay on the line this time if I had to wait until dinner. 40 minutes later she returned with the information I needed. I do not blame the people who work the phones at the call center for the long delays since I'm sure they are doing all they can with the staffing problems.
In Disney phone wait times, 40 minutes is an A+ speedy reply….

jpinkc

Yeah I was on hold for an hour and had to get off, this week. Will be calling again tonite to see how long it will be...............

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

I just went through this yesterday when I called with a question about Test Track at Epcot. The initial wait time said it would be 11 minutes, which was about right. After I asked my question, the cast member said she would have to contact someone else and for me to please hold. I looked at the time and after 30 minutes I hung up, thinking she had forgotten about me.

I called right back and this time I used the "Press 1 to leave a callback number", saying the current wait time was 29 minutes. After about 20 minutes someone called me back. After I asked my question again (different person this time) she said she would have to research the information and to please hold. This was around noon and I was determined to stay on the line this time if I had to wait until dinner. 40 minutes later she returned with the information I needed. I do not blame the people who work the phones at the call center for the long delays since I'm sure they are doing all they can with the staffing problems.
Wait - you actually GOT the "Press 1 to leave a callback number" option? Only a week ago, this was DEAD. Is it back?

muddyrivers

For those who have been calling into Disney for years, were call wait times like this in the 80s and 90s as well? Or was there adequate staffing where this wasn't an issue? I'm assuming staffing would be the primary issue as even though there are more people going to Disney now, the Internet allows many people to do what they need without having to pick up their phone.

Virtual Toad

For those who have been calling into Disney for years, were call wait times like this in the 80s and 90s as well? Or was there adequate staffing where this wasn't an issue? I'm assuming staffing would be the primary issue as even though there are more people going to Disney now, the Internet allows many people to do what they need without having to pick up their phone.
The wait time for us back then was rarely if ever more than 8-10 minutes. We usually got through in 30 seconds to 2-3 minutes at most. This was in the mid-late 90’s through maybe 2003-ish if I recall. It was actually more convenient then to book a WDW hotel stay or dining reservations over the phone. Times have definitely changed.

Bobby456

What's the longest you've waited on hold for WDW? I'm currently going on 30 minutes to make a change that can only be done over the phone and I'm losing patience fast.
Today, the wait on hold is at least three hours.

At 10am this morning, the wait time was broadcast to be three hours on the phone and “a few hours” with the chat line.

At 5pm, the broadcast wait time was 60 minutes. That was over three hours ago, and we’re still on hold.

Ayla

Original Poster
Today, the wait on hold is at least three hours.

At 10am this morning, the wait time was broadcast to be three hours on the phone and “a few hours” with the chat line.

At 5pm, the broadcast wait time was 60 minutes. That was over three hours ago, and we’re still on hold.
No way I am waiting that long.

vikescaper

I called Disney on Sunday at 7 am and the wait time was an hour. There was no way I was going to spend a day off sitting on hold and hung up.

Semo

I called Disney on Sunday around 3 pm and the wait time was over 2 hours. I entered my call back number. It was around a 1 1/2 hours later when they called me back.

MickeyCB

2 and 1/2 hours yesterday trying to find out an answer to an AP question. Finally gave up and hung up. Still don't have the answer and we will be there next week.

And speaking of, if anyone knows the answer to this I would be grateful.
My AP will expire exactly on our first day there Oct. 21.
I have a Platinum pass purchased to initiate or whatever it's called. Does anyone know how the process goes changing that to the new pass? Mine was bought through DVC and has no block out dates.
Thanks in advance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom