Phineas & Ferb?

jhastings74

But Darkwing Duck and Launchpad were seen in the parks though. And Gadget from Rescue Rangers even got her own ride at Disneyland!

I would say it would have as much, if not more, appeal than the Jimmy Neutron ride at Universal (which I still enjoy with my kids), and that show had a limited shelf-life.

hosewater

Even if it was going to lose its appeal, that's no reason not to include it. Kim Possible has her own attraction and they don't even show it anymore!

whiterosered

I'm sorry I tried watching this show and I don't get any of the praise for it. To me it was just like all of the other garbage Disney Channel has thrown our way in the last 5-7 years...

You are completely entitled to your own opinion, and everyone here will respect it, but I disagree.

I thought the same thing the first time I watched it, then I saw another episode. It's actually very cleverly written, with a lot of smarter jokes geared towards adults. Did you know that the creators used to write and direct episodes of Family Guy? As I've watched more of the episodes, I've seen they actually have a very similar style--even making cutaway jokes.

If you're not a fan of Family Guy either, (which, believe me, I understand) then my whole last point is kind of moot. I'm just saying, don't give up on it just yet. I didn't, and I have no regrets. :sohappy:

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I've seen pics of P&F being in Disneyland in the parade. I've seen promotional commercials showing Phineas, Ferb, and Agent P at the Disney Store unveiling. Does anyone know if P&F actually have a M&G at WDW? With all the rumors about park renovations/retheming, is there anyone who may know if P&F could take over in EPCOT? I'd really appreciate any info anyone could give, we are considering going to the world next summer/fall and would love to have some new news.

I'd like to see Perry the Platypus world showcase adventure replace the Kim Possible World Showcase adventure!:)

That, in my opinion other than something at Hollywood Studios, would be the only place they fit in all the parks. Maybe a new P&F show to replace Sounds Dangerous at HS? :D

BigNorm

Fun Phineas and Ferb Facts

1. Creators Dan Povenmire and Jeff "Swampy" Marsh worked together on the Nickelodeon series Rocko's Modern Life.

2. Co-creator Dan Povenmire used to work on Fox's Family Guy, for FG fans, he directed the first three "Road to..." episodes, and wanted to create a show that was less raunchy but utilized the same comedic timing and quirks.

3. Family Guy creator Seth MacFarlane guest starred in the episode "Nerds of a Feather" as television executive Jeff McGarland.

My whole family loves this show. I hope the boys and Perry have made their way to a M&G by our next visit otherwise I'm gonna have very disappointed twins.

inluvwithbeast

I love the humor. I really do. It is very similar to Family Guy just family-friendly and it makes sense that guys who worked on FG work on P&F.

I love Baljeet. Just sayin'. Lol.

njDizFan

Been rumoured for a while that a F&P attraction was destined for the Sounds Dangerous building. No substance to any of the rumors that I know of, but we can dream.

NMBC1993

I actually think it is the only good thing about the Disney channel.

I agree 100%!!! I caught a preview of that Fish Hooks show that is starting in the fall and all I can say is how can C.H. Greenblatt go from a great show like Chowder to this?

BrerFrog

I agree 100%!!! I caught a preview of that Fish Hooks show that is starting in the fall and all I can say is how can C.H. Greenblatt go from a great show like Chowder to this?

No idea. The Disney Channel is the Bermuda Triangle of artistic quality: it just vanishes in that place.

ttalovebug

You can say that again. That show looks like garbage. I thought maybe they might have learned what works from the success of P&F, but no. :shrug:

dvitali

They say that if you wait long enough everything come back eventualy -- With the recent publish of new stories of Darkwing Duck and soon new stories of Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers by Boom Comics maybe we can find these in the parks along with Marvel Comics.

I think Boom Comics will do Disney Kids line while Marvel will do Disney Adult Line (Marvel is doing a adapation of Tron Legacy). It possible Boom will do P&F comic someday so more merchandise will come next.

miles1

Note my location above.

P&F is easily the best thing about the Disney Channel right now. It's also one of the few shows that my entire family of five, ranging in age from 9 to 85, can watch together and all of us laugh out loud. I can't understand why the parks division hasn't capitalized more on it.

NMBC1993

Note my location above.

P&F is easily the best thing about the Disney Channel right now. It's also one of the few shows that my entire family of five, ranging in age from 9 to 85, can watch together and all of us laugh out loud. I can't understand why the parks division hasn't capitalized more on it.

That is one awesome location:lol: But I agree with you 100%. The thing that bugged me the most was when I was at SWW last year and got to meet the very talented Dee Bradely Baker. When I went to the Clone Wars behind the scenes show DBB was talking about all the roles he's had. He mentioned Avatar, you'd get a few applause, he mentioned Codename: Kids Next Door, same reaction. Then he says "Oh and I also do a voice on Phineas and Ferb, after he said that the entire audience went nuts, there was a 40 year old man behind me that yelled out "AGENT P!!!" To this day I scratch my head thinking "Where was the Disney marketing group on that day?":shrug:

inluvwithbeast

So my father informed me on some policy about shows only staying on DC for 100 episodes, that way they never jump the shark. So shows hit their 100, then go to reruns or get remade (ala Suite Life on Deck or Hannah Montana Forever). Since P&F are over 60 and DC is pushing this Fish Hooks, does this mean P&F are pushed to a lesser time block without any new shows? Doom and gloom!

emaginear

I'm really curious how much lasting appeal Phineas and Ferb will have. My kids love the show, however, if you compare it's popularity to Duck Tales, then that show didn't get a ton of love in the parks. Maybe a little more than what P&F get now.

A TV show only has a limited lasting appeal after a certain time period. If you consider the old Disney animation block of Duck Tales, Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck, Tailspin, etc., there isn't much appeal for them now. But I would say that they would still be popular today if they were played regularly.

The difference is P+F have a cultural following of 25+ yr old males watching it with their kids and willing to fork out money for anything Doofenshmirtz!:sohappy::drevil:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom