Phineas and Ferb out yet?

Kristamouse

Original Poster
We are headed down October 2nd, any chance the kids from Phineas and Ferb will be out. I..I mean my kids... want to see them. Would love to see Candece and Isabella too but any would be GREAT! That show is so good!

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
The last time I saw them was during the Christmas Parade last year. I haven't seen (or heard of them) them in the parks, or having any upcoming M&Gs....:shrug:

NCDisneyGal

We were at the World last week and were searching for them with no luck. Even merchandise was slim, most placed did not have anything. My DS was on a hunt for a Perry action figure pack, but could not find it. I was surprised since this is such a popular show, especially with young boys. There are rumors that they may be coming soon for meet & greets. Good Luck!

munkgirl

Phineas and Ferb is one of the only Disney shows I'll watch (<3 Doofenschmirtz and Candace).

I've heard they used to be out, but I've never seen them myself, except for the televised Christmas parade last December. I don't know if Candace has ever been out.

I agree that they seem like they are popular enough to have regular meet and greets, but I'm sure there's a reason they aren't in the parks.

There is a Handy Manny meet and greet, I'm sure that's not what your kids were looking for, but it's something.

Here, I've done some digging for you:

Thread from 2009:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=468196

This is relatively up-to-date as it includes Lot'so:
http://www.studioscentral.com/guide/hollywood-studios-character-meet-greets

Forum post from January 2010, includes a picture of the characters in the Chrismas Parade. Perhaps that was a test run?:
http://clockworkouroboros.com/forums/index.php?topic=73.0

(They look flippin huge in that car.)

According to another link I found, the Christmas parade was the first time they've been seen.

According to this link, posted in November of 2009, they are "not slated to appear in Meet and Greets":
http://jefflangedvd.com/2009/11/phi...e-mountain-update-photos-and-video/#more-5925

They also continue to look huge. Just judging by eye, I would make my guess that the reason why they haven't appeared yet despite clearly existing in some form or another is because of their size and what that implies from a technical standpoint.

CoffeeJedi

Yeah wow, I think there's a reason you don't see much licensed merch or M&G appearances. Some character designs just DON'T work in 3-D.

y2k1258

Phineas and Ferb

They had merchandise in the gift shop at DHS across from Playhouse Disney next to the restrooms. I bought both Phineas and Ferb talking figures. :)

NewfieFan

They have never done any M&Gs at WDW and there are currently no plans for them to do so.

They were out for the marathon in January, weren't they!?! I thought I saw pics of them somewhere in Epcot during the marathon. I know, that's not a regular M&G but they were out for guests (runners) to meet.

I don't understand why they are not in the parks!?! My kids (and me) would love to see them!

NMBC1993

I've been saying for a while now that Disney needs to incorporate Phineas and Ferb in the parks more. I remember when the soundtrack came out a year ago I rushed to DTD to pick up a copy, I couldn't find it anywhere. Nothing but the same old Hannah Montana and Jonas Brothers junk they've been selling. So I ended up buying the soundtrack online and 6 months later I finally found the soundtrack at the gift shop at Port Orleans. I just don't understand why Disney markets everything but the good stuff. When I was at SWW this year and Dee Bradley Baker was there he was talking about all the characters he played and as he went through the list you'd hear an applause here and there but when he started talking about Perry the crowd went nuts. I heard a guy in the back yell out "Agent P!" and I'd say he was about 30 something years old. There is merchandise out there somewhere, I just haven't figured out where yet. Last week at AK I saw a women wearing a shirt with Perry on his moped wearing the fake nose and glasses disguise, I wanted to stop her and ask her where she got it but she got away from me in the Lion King crowd. As for me, I'm still holding out for a Perry the Platypus in-action figure just like the one from the series:D

munkgirl

I've been saying for a while now that Disney needs to incorporate Phineas and Ferb in the parks more. I remember when the soundtrack came out a year ago I rushed to DTD to pick up a copy, I couldn't find it anywhere. Nothing but the same old Hannah Montana and Jonas Brothers junk they've been selling. So I ended up buying the soundtrack online and 6 months later I finally found the soundtrack at the gift shop at Port Orleans. I just don't understand why Disney markets everything but the good stuff. When I was at SWW this year and Dee Bradley Baker was there he was talking about all the characters he played and as he went through the list you'd hear an applause here and there but when he started talking about Perry the crowd went nuts. I heard a guy in the back yell out "Agent P!" and I'd say he was about 30 something years old. There is merchandise out there somewhere, I just haven't figured out where yet. Last week at AK I saw a women wearing a shirt with Perry on his moped wearing the fake nose and glasses disguise, I wanted to stop her and ask her where she got it but she got away from me in the Lion King crowd. As for me, I'm still holding out for a Perry the Platypus in-action figure just like the one from the series:D

I am not music savvy, but if we could get a dance remix of "Squirells in my Pants" i think it would be a Billboard Top 10.

Korfar

I am hoping they come out with Doofenshmirtz and Perry M&G's. They are the best characters I have seen in cartoons in a long time. We are pin collectors and are hoping for these characters in pins too. You would think Disney would be capitalizing on the success of the show.

NewfieFan

I would love a "Perry the Platypus in-action figure"! How awesome would that be!?!

I (I mean, my kids :lookaroun) have the sound track! Love it!!! We're waiting for the second one to come out. I hope it has "Evil Love" and "Aglet" on it!

munkgirl

I am hoping they come out with Doofenshmirtz and Perry M&G's. They are the best characters I have seen in cartoons in a long time. We are pin collectors and are hoping for these characters in pins too. You would think Disney would be capitalizing on the success of the show.

They will...right after the show gets canceled because it's not making enough money from merchandise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom