Phil's 02/19 AND 02/20 WDW Update w/ Pics

GymLeaderPhil

Original Poster
IMG_2536.jpg

R.I.P. The Plaza Pavillion.

IMG_2534.jpg

This surprisingly looks nice here...

IMG_2521.jpg

It looks like the Noodle Station will have Tommorowland's theme finally.

IMG_2520.jpg

Happiest Celebration on Earth? Ha! More like The Happiest Construction Walls on Earth.

IMG_2518.jpg

It's all walled up.

Figment1986

Great updates.. And i see more photos are comming... Great job....

Love the shots.... (I am not lying.. I love them... they are great..)

Where did you get some great ideas for some of the angles... and the luck for some of these shots...

and the nihgt parade were great...

GymLeaderPhil

Original Poster
IMG_2539.jpg

The Timekeeper was open, probably for the final time and Buzz/Stitch can't let that happen.

IMG_2543.jpg

This made my blood boil. Sort of like the water tubey thingies (as Sarge would say) in the Timekeeper's queue.

IMG_2551.jpg

Rhea, darling, we need Danny and your support to keep this open.

IMG_2591.jpg

I normally respect the wishes for no photography (I don't use flash), but this is important. This was an awesome attraction.

IMG_2309.jpg

Yes, we will miss you.

GymLeaderPhil

Original Poster
IMG_3131.jpg

Speaking of Sarge, his eyes were off on Sunday. The cannons in the only working theater were working, but one was missing a plastic cover band and it was like a night light throughout the show. The other cannon didn't light up. And there appeared to be some sort of white blob right below the teleportation tube. Like mold. Maybe it was like a napkin. I don't know, but it looked weird.

IMG_2649.jpg

Astro Oribter is slowly being placed back into, er um, place. The spire was added early on Sunday.

IMG_2163.jpg

Here's a shot from Saturday when Orbitor was spire-less.

IMG_2633.jpg

The afformentioned spire, in it's rennovated beauty.

IMG_2632.jpg

Another great shot of the amazing job they've put into Astro.

GymLeaderPhil

Original Poster
IMG_2678.jpg

We've traded the lagoon for mulch.

IMG_2680.jpg

And water fountains.

IMG_2681.jpg

And more of Ariel's rock.

IMG_2687.jpg

And lamp posts.

IMG_2703.jpg

Are you worth this Pooh?

GymLeaderPhil

Original Poster
IMG_2711.jpg

The entrance to the 100 Acre Woods.

IMG_2707.jpg

The trail that will lead into the 100 Acre Woods.

IMG_2709.jpg

The second half of the construction wall removal stretches to Mickey's Toontown Fair.

IMG_2718.jpg

Don't kids like to climb over these things? I was tempted to... Maybe it was just a metorite that landed inbetween the two different fences.

IMG_2723.jpg

I have to say, I never expected this much wasted space.

MKCP 1985

Most excellent photos. Worth waiting for - when I first clicked on this thread, I got no photos. For the longest time, got nothing at all, and then little red xes. Came back later and photos were there.

DisKid

Great update! Thanks! That does look like a lot of wasted space. Hopefully only for a short amount of time...even if we have to go and kick Pooh out and put a ride in ourselves!

Lennyg512

WOW!!! Great update!
I hate Winnie the Pooh. It is such a big waste of space. But, any word on when the 100 Acre Wood is supposed to open?

GymLeaderPhil

Original Poster
IMG_2725.jpg

The castle decorations are indeed behind Mulchville U.S.A.

IMG_3090.jpg

IASW roof work.

IMG_3093.jpg

A familiar face where a screw was once.

IMG_2291.jpg

My sister vs. the turkey leg.

IMG_3169.jpg

I had a hard time deciding how to end this update, but I've always had a hard time taking pictures of Spectro with previous cameras. My new camera works miracles and so this is it. Enjoy!

GymLeaderPhil

Original Poster
TTATraveler said:
That is some crowd at the AK for 11:00. Do the new tickets still feature Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, and Donald?

I believe so.

Figment1986 said:
Where did you get some great ideas for some of the angles... and the luck for some of these shots...

and the nihgt parade were great...

Yes, these are all hand picked shots, edited from their original size. I took nearly 800 each day (about 1600 in all two days), the night time and indoor shots are always random. Some turn out, others don't. When you add motion to the mix, either in a ride vehicle or an animatronic, it makes taking a blurless shot even harder.

I haven't taken a single photography class, just an artsy person.

Scar said:
Great photos! What type of camera do you have? We can never take night pictures.

Canon Powershot G6. The night pictures were taken with an ISO of 400.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
well, at least we know the the plants in the 20K area probabaly have the best top soil inthe whole property seing that it is on top of an old lagoon. moisture is probably seeping thru the crap in the dirt. lol

only kidding. but they do look plush

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom