Rumor Philharmagic update still coming?

spock8113

My least favorite thing to do at Disney, watch Philharmagic from the front three rows at the last seat left or right.
Makes me feel like I have Marty Feldman Eyessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
ss
th

Disone

The fact remains it shouldn't take until 2021
They need 50 new offerings for the 50th anniversary. It's not that it would take them that long. It's that they want to roll it all into the 50th Anniversary. I get that. It doesn't make it a crime in this case.

jt04

They need 50 new offerings for the 50th anniversary. It's not that it would take them that long. It's that they want to roll it all into the 50th Anniversary. I get that. It doesn't make it a crime in this case.

Has the 50 new offerings been confirmed?

stitchcastle

Any word as to which scenes/songs are being cut?

I never thought the Lion King animation style matched the feel of the rest of the scenes; although I like the song.

I think that's the point though right? to make sure all the scenes had a different feeling?

I'm think they're gonna port over the most iconic songs from the newer movies since that tends to be the MO for the show. So I'm guessing they're gonna take the lantern sequence from Tangled, which is a duet, hence replacing the Aladdin part.

I've always felt there's a good transition point between The Lion King sequence and a potential "Let It Go" sequence.

Moana could replace Little Mermaid but that depends on the song they're gonna use. If it's "How Far I'll Go", say goodbye to "Part of Your World". If it's "You"re Welcome", say goodbye to "I Just Can't Wait To Be King" since they have a similar 2D feel. I think the latter is more likely since Ariel's song is way too iconic.

stitchcastle

I suspect they would redo any character animation from scratch, to match the style of the Phillharmagic animation and give the attraction a consistent feel.

Just speculation. I'm not an imagineer or bus driver and have no actual insight as to what the creative process for such an endeavor would entail.

yeah, it would take about a year, maybe longer from pre-production to actual animation (this takes a while)to incorporating the new effects into the theater. I'm also betting they would want to update all the 2003-era CG to match that of the modern Disney features. So they're gonna have to build the models, lighting and rendering for the segments that will remain from the ground up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom