Phase closing and wait times - holidays 2012

aw14

wow....I just checked the wait times and they are through the roof. TT and Soarin are 3 hours. We will be there by lunch time tomorrow....now really confused where to go

Rasvar

I rarely ever entered the parks on this week when I lived in Orlando. I used to use Mission to Mars as the insanity factor indicator. If that ride had a thirty minute wait, the bathrooms probably had a five minute wait. I can't tell you how many people have asked me if this week was a good week to visit for the first time. My response to that was always simple: "For the love of everything you consider holy, not just no but hell no!"

PhotoDave219

Wow, Mermaid is only 1300? Seems low.

I could be wrong there... thats what I was told. Ride is 6:15 long, 2 people per vehicle. Figure 10 full cycles an hour (for math's sake). So 10 x 2 x (Number of Clamshells per cycle) = HRC.

I think that number (1300) would be off then, now that I think on it... there has to be more than 65 clamshells.

Only question is how many vehicles in a full cycle.

Things that are 1300-ish? Peter Pan & Soarin!

71jason

East-bound I-4 traffic is still backed up beyond Champions Gate.

Have a pic of MK from a facebook friend from today but don't know how to add here. Basically just a crowd of people with a Columbia Harbor House sign over their hands in the background. Nothing else to see but wall to wall bodies.

doctornick

Have you ever been? Aside from having a bigger castle and better Haunted Mansion, there really isn't much about the MK that's better than DL...T one time our Splash was better, but obviously not in its current state.

Pooh is better at MK and I think Jungle Cruise is a big longer/nicer (not dramatically so, though). I guess you can make an argument for the new Dumbo at MK, but I haven't seen it myself. I don't disagree with your general point though and DL has some nice stuff that MK doesn't have (Matterhorn, Indiana Jones, even Roger Rabbit) or has better versions (Pirates, Space Mt).

PhotoDave219

I need some confirmation here.... I'm getting texts from a CM saying they're at phase 4 right now.
(Which IMO is believable.)

Can anyone independently confirm this?

bkgrim

My wife made me drive on Thursday afternoon to the outlet stores from animal kingdom lodge. Wow! What a mess. I had to park two miles away and wait for her to finish. We were in animal kingdom early this morning and no one was there. Left at 12 and mobs of people were coming into the park

JimboJones123

There is better theming in New Orleans Square than all of MK combined.

I actually like DL's Pooh better. At least it is in order of the movie.

bkgrim

Wait times
Toy 100 min
Rocking 130 min
Tower 110
Star tours 60
Great movie 30
One mans dream Not long enough

But we got reservations on the way in at 50s prime time. Here I come mom to eat your chicken

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Epcot
MS: 60 Orange
SSE: 55
TT:110
Soarin 180
Nemo 35
Maelstrom 35
Figment 10
Ellens Energy Adventure 5

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom