Peter Pan's Flight?

cm1988

Touch up

The attraction was extensively rehabbed in the mid 90's, when the facade was redone and everything inside was repainted. I haven't been at the MK as much since then and so may have missed a rehab since then, but based on other reports here, sounds like it's about time for a touch-up. Of course all maintenance like that is planned and scheduled years in advance.

doop

DisneyFan 2000 said:
You've never ridden Peter Pan? :eek:

:p
OMG. The next time you visit WDW it should be #1 on your list. It is one of my favorite attractions and is a must see. Make sure you ride, I know you'll like it

SeiraB17

I love this ride and I suppose it is kinda a "nit picky" thing to notice but the last time I was there the moon in the one scene with Peter flying across it was really dusty. :p I know, no big deal but i mean, it's just dusting the moon :)

basas

hakunamatata said:
I rode the Peter Pan ride at DL three weeks ago and cant think of any differences in the ride. Are you sure they are different?
There is not much difference in the actual ride except for a few updated effects. But for the most part, i was talking about the facade/queue, etc.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
GaryNorris777 said:
my 5 year old is fixated with Peter Pan will he enjoy this ride..... i hope so,...

Yes, but plan on riding it four or five times. The actually ride goes by fairly quickly and hits on main "themes" of the movie. Wendy's room, flying over England, "first view" of Neverland from up high, the indian villiage, mermaids, Pan and Hooks fight on the ship, then hook and the gator. You actually ride in mini pirate ships. My wife and I are going to do our sons room in Peter Pan and wish like crazy we could get our hands on one of the ride vehicles to convert into his bed.....

Also, there generally is a "face" character of Pan (non cartoon character) at the parks. Captian Hook and Mr. Smee are regularly at the exit of Pirates of the Carribean, next to the restroom area. Depending on the weather, Tinkerbell flies down from the top of the castle during the fireworks show...

TheDisneyGirl02

I love Peter Pan's Flight! I always get a lump in my throat everytime I ride it! Once I ride it, I KNOW I'm finally at WDW!

You need to go on the ride! It's great! Ride it first thing in the morning, the line isn't long at that time!

TheDisneyGirl02

rainfully

It seems to me that at one point, there was a little Tinkerbell figure someplace in the ride that was so close you could just reach out and touch... I always had the temptation to just take it...

Well it's not there anymore and I just can't help but wonder if someone actually did!!

bhg469

Mickeyrulz said:
I have noticed that during the rehabbing of attractions, Peter Pan's Flight is never on the list.

When's the last time this got rehabbed? Does anyone think that it could use a rehab? (Never rode it myself).

if they rehab it i cant fly over and say, "hey looks kids, big ben...parilment haha"

SpenceMan01

bhg469 said:
if they rehab it i cant fly over and say, "hey looks kids, big ben...parilment haha"
LOL. I love that movie!! :sohappy:

I haven't been on PPF in upwards of 10 years. I will definitely ride when I am there next!

imagineer99

bhg469 said:

:lol: :lol:

I must admit though, I rarely ride peter pan's flight. Insane wait times and mediocre dark ride effects aren't my thing.

I always figure that people's affinity to the ride is either nostalgic or due to the fact that kids really seem to love it.

Cynderella

I absolutely LOOOVVVEEE this ride! :D It is the greatest ride in all of MK. It has sooo much sentimentalness to me. I must do it every time I go.

brkgnews

This attraction -- like many others -- is also subject to the occasional stealh rehab. (I suppose this might be considered a 'magic spoiler,' so if you're horribly sensitive to the innards of AudioAnimatronics, move on)...

When I was on backstage magic, I saw what was an apparent "understudy" Peter Pan animatronic being rehab'ed in the AA shop. This was the sword-fighting Peter Pan -- they were working on a quick repaint and a checkup on the single pneumatic piston in his arm (open up his back and it looks like a "shock" you put on car tires or the thing that closes your storm door). Even with Peter Pan in the shop, he was still on the ride that day, so I'm sure they've got extras of some ride parts and can rehab them without shutting down the whole shebang (just like they can take one or two ride vehicles off for rehab without closing the ride completely). Sneak in at night, replace Peter1 with Peter2 and nobody's the wiser.:lookaroun Only with a major, full-blown, baby-with-the-bathwater rehab do you take everything out. Example: Small World animatronics were in the AA shop for the major rehab when we were there. Oh, the horror -- they were little white plastic mr potato-head shaped torsos with two metal sticks for arms and no heads! :eek: I honestly didn't recognize them until our guide told us what they were.

TinkerBell9988

I rode Peter Pan's Flight two weeks ago, and the foil inside of the volcanoe was literally peeling off... :eek:

It may need a slight rehab, but nothing as drastic as what they're doing to IASW!

Peter Pan's Flight is one of the ultimate in nostalgic WDW attractions. :animwink:

imagineer boy

hakunamatata said:
I rode the Peter Pan ride at DL three weeks ago and cant think of any differences in the ride. Are you sure they are different?

In the DL neverland scene, you fly over neverland with a ton of fiber optic ( really cool ) stars surrounding neverland. And you also see an AA Tiger Lilly tied to skull rock, and Peter Pan and Captain hook are dueling on the front of the Jolly Roger sailing ship and as you go around, you see the AA indians and tiker bell ignites a bit of fiber optic pixi dust on the ship and you boat passes Captain Hook getting eated alive by the crocadile and you go through a few doors that look like a water fall and past a couple small animatronic mermaids and back to the station. All the characters voices are done by the same actors who did the voices in the movie.

In the WDW version, the beginning is the same except this one has Nanna barking at you and instead of flying over neverland, you fly through neverland seeing all the AAs of pirates, mermaids, indians, and the lost boys. And Peter Pan and capting hook are dueling high above on the masts of the Jolly Roger ship. Ending seeing Captain Hook being eated alive, but no mermaids. But the ironic thing is, none of the character voices sound a thing like their movie counter parts, why can't they simply use the voice recordings for the DL version? Oh well...

Anyway, those are the differences. :wave:

Wilt Dasney

Sir Hiss527 said:
IAlso I hate to keep going on like this. but you know the 'so called' flag at the front of the ship? It's my way to view the city of England... :lol:

Nothing to add here...I just wanted to say: huh? :veryconfu

(Sorry, I read that several times and "huh" was still my reaction.) :p

barnum42

Wilt Dasney said:
Nothing to add here...I just wanted to say: huh? :veryconfu

(Sorry, I read that several times and "huh" was still my reaction.) :p
I'll take a guess that he means there is a flag on the front of the ride vehicle that obstructs his view of the London scene.

WDWCPbrandon

Usually whenever Peter Pan's Flight is closed for rehab its to add a fresh coat of paint to everything. I worked there during my college program in 2001...I agree with a lot of people, it does need a good cleaning but i still love the ride. If anything needed to be fixed, it should be the ride system itself. While I was there we were trained not to stop the ride unless it was an emergency and you absolutely needed to, this was because e-stopping ride after one or two times would lead to a boat failure which meant the ride would not start back up until maintenance could come out to reset it. So that meant that unlike some of the other continuous loading rides you could not slow Pan down or stop it for a guest travelling in a wheelchair.

I ran into a few people who had never been on the ride before and after they waited over an hour in the standby line would say, "thats it?...I waited and hour for that?"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom