Peter Pan refurb

ChrisFL

Premium Member
The SSE rehab was GREAT. I am a Disney purist and TOTALLY loved everything about the SSE rehab. A stale and poorly executed ending has been replaced with a NEW, MODERN and ..... FUN ending to this great ride. Even the non Disney-freaks in my group liked it.

Wait, when did that happen? I mean the one they showed this past month or so was stale and poorly executed, and in no way new or modern. What's this ending you speak of?

SDav10495

I think the main difference between the DL and WDW versions is the aesthetic (at least from what I can remember, having been on both of them within the past year and a half). WDW's PPF retains that kooky, black-light-painted, look that the true original dark rides have. It brings the look of the ride closer to Mary Blair's wacky color palette, I think. Since DL's PPF was redone with the rest of Fantasyland in 1983, it is actually newer than WDW's and so was made to look a little more "realistic". (You can see this difference right off the bat in the painted backdrops for each ride's load area--anyone have good pictures of them?) So while some would say that DL's is "better" than WDW's for this, I prefer to think that they're just two distinctly different visual takes on the same dark ride--and I'm glad that both are still around to enjoy. I would hate to see the unique WDW version redone to look exactly like its DL counterpart, and vice versa.

That said, yes, WDW's version is in need of a serious re-touching because it is not maintained as well as DL's. So I'm hoping that's what they do with these weeks--cleaning, repainting, oiling things up. Given the short length of this refurb, that's probably the only thing they'll have time to do anyway, and I think that's perfectly fine. No need to change the whole look of the ride, just the condition.

imagineer boy

I've been on both WDW's and DL's and didn't see much difference besides that DL's is a bit shorter (from what I recall). I actually preferred WDW's :shrug:

Both DL's and WDW's versions both have advantages over one another. DL's has cooler fiber optic effects like the stars and Tinkerbell's pixi dust, plus it has the original voice actor's voices for the characters ( unlike WDW's which has different voices that don't sound a thing like the voices from the film ). WDW's is longer, and unlike DL's version, you fly through neverland rather than just simply flying over it.

LudwigVonDrake

The problem is that Pan has the MOST DECIEVING QUEUE EVER. I think a lot of people get into the line thinking that there's no WAY it could be that long... not realizing it wraps allllllll the way around the side of the building... TWICE!

One of the worst queues in WDW! Besides wrapping around building twice, it gives you NOTHING to look at except some walls and the people in front of you. Fastpass it at all costs!

diddy_mouse

I agree that it definitely has a really deceiving queue. The sad thing is we usually only get to ride it during a special event (MNSSHP, MVMCP, etc.) or EMH's. I think we were able to get on it right before closing one night either that or we just decided to go ahead and wait 20 min.

The only thing I wouldn't want to see changed is the music. Maybe be expanded upon, but there is something about the music you hear in the queue that just makes my trip. :)

NIU EE

This is still on the February operational updates list...but off of the March one. Just another Disney website hiccup? Is there an inside scoop saying wether it was supposed to be there or not??

EDIT: operational updates for individual day still has it closed March 1st - March 11

Enchantâmes

Even though I've also never been on Disneyland's version I've seen a video of it. It has this pretty star effect in the first Neverland scene which looks wonderful, I really hope they add this to WDW's.

WDWRLD

Yeah that is a must stay in my book. I just adore this attraction. I wish I was on it now.

No...not the save the tinfoil hread!!!!:lol:

No really, I hope they only do the cosmetic spruce up job......plus they cant change the volcano yet.....so far I havent been able to lean over far enough to see the bottom. Ive been trying for years.

hollywood<3

<wishful thinking> Maybe they'll finally replace Capt Hook's voice with someone who sounds maybe a little bit like him....Corey Burton perhaps....?...</wishful thinking>
ps. 5 points to the first person who can tell me what other Disney attraction he provided a voice for. hint: Use your head!

NadieMasK2

Or just go early like I do. There's never a line during the first hour the park is open.

Yep. We run to PP at park open and never ever wait. Last trip we were actually the very first family to ride - that was pretty cool.

This is one of my all-time fav rides. However I do think DL's version is superior. I love the star field effect.

Rob562

Corey Burton perhaps....?...</wishful thinking>
ps. 5 points to the first person who can tell me what other Disney attraction he provided a voice for. hint: Use your head!

Radio announcer from Universe of Energy! No, wait.....

Announcer from It's Tough To Be A Bug! No....Ummmm....

Mag-Lev Man from the World of Motion Water Engine post-show! Wait.....

Well you couldn't have meant the Fish from Cat in the Hat at IOA....

Ooohhhh... You meant General Knowledge in Cranium Command... :ROFLOL:

(And if you're wondering.... Yes, he was all those other voices, too) In fact, he's the current voice of Captain Hook, recording for things like Kingdom Hearts, Return to Neverland and a few other direct-to-video pieces.

-Rob

hollywood<3

Rob you get 25 points for thinking of all those that I was too lazy to look for if he did anymore! :sohappy: But I did mean General Knowledge, yes. You officially own.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom