Peter Pan refurb

Swoosh

Why don't you get over those who refuse to get over the SSE rehab, fella? :fork::fork::fork:

It honestly has nothing to do with the SSE rehab and instead how everytime there is a refurb mentioned, so DA feels the need to say "oh let's put touchscreens in there instead".

When you are looking for actual information, the un-needed sarcastic remarks like that add nothing to the thread. kthnx

=============

So is there any actual information that a rehab is in the works for this ride or is this just a "shot in the dark" thread with a lot of speculation so far and no real news except that it is going to occur?

The MaD Hatter

It honestly has nothing to do with the SSE rehab and instead how everytime there is a refurb mentioned, so DA feels the need to say "oh let's put touchscreens in there instead".

When you are looking for actual information, the un-needed sarcastic remarks like that add nothing to the thread. kthnx

Nor does your personally attacking me and calling me a DA (dumb-a$$?) for making a joke add anything to this thread. I love the double standard from you people. We're no longer allowed to say anything bad about SSE or touchscreens, yet you can call us filthy, un-Disneylike names. You may disagree with my viewpoint or not like my post, buy personal attacks are unnecessary. I don't understand how trying to add humor to a thread incited such hate and wrath in you that led you to attack me. Thanks for providing me with a magical day. :(

SallyShine

You people are worse than my kids! Grow up! Now, back to PP. What is the Disneyland version like? Is is that much different than WDW's version?

sweetpee_1993

You people are worse than my kids! Grow up! Now, back to PP. What is the Disneyland version like? Is is that much different than WDW's version?

I was wondering that myself. I like the classic PP but it does look kinda tired. Maybe a little sprucing up can add just the right amount of flavor to make the classic better.

NIU EE

Boo

I say boo to last second refurbs unless something broke. One member of my family is a big PP fan and just check a few days ago to make sure it and her other couple classic faves were open. I rarely can tell much of a difference after a two week refurb anyway. Oh well, hope they do great things.

thisisnotanexit

i agree, it needs something. true, the tin foil and other extremely dated elements are part of its charm, and will be missed, but they could do a lot more with a peter pan ride. however, i don't think this two week refurb. will accomplish that. i'm just glad it will be open during my visit! i'm leaving the 28th :)

PlutoInOrlando

In the Parks
Yes
For those of you wondering the difference....

Disneyland:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=uywaJsFfPDo
http://youtube.com/watch?v=EYoGjLAPUuQ

WDW:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=aqOMNX17AJU&feature=related

As this is a "dark" attraction - all the video's are a bit hard to see/watch. But should give you some idea. Of course - there are many different video's of each of them - and just doing a very very quick search - these were the best one's I found.

BTW - I love both attractions at each park - but, personally - Disneylands PPF - is way better than WDW's. There's more attention to detail I think - and the effects are way way better. But still - I hit PPF everytime I go to WDW - for me, it's a "not to be missed" attraction.:sohappy:

kc1296426

The capacity for the ride just really sucks though. Especially when you morph the standby and fastpass lines, it makes the capacity even worse. Last week the standby line didn't look that mean, so I went in expecting a 20 minute wait or something below that. I ended up waiting an hour. :(
It is still a grreeaaat ride and its a must do 'fastpass' ride everytime at MK.

rainfully

Peter Pan's Flight refurb Feb 28 - March 11, 2008.

Wow - it really needs it. Here's hoping it moves toward looking more like DL's version.

That's something we can agree on. And something I've been saying for a while now. Unfortunately, this short stint doesn't look like it will be enough to bring this Pan up to DL calibur. :(

rainfully

The capacity for the ride just really sucks though. Especially when you morph the standby and fastpass lines, it makes the capacity even worse. Last week the standby line didn't look that mean, so I went in expecting a 20 minute wait or something below that. I ended up waiting an hour. :(
It is still a grreeaaat ride and its a must do 'fastpass' ride everytime at MK.

The problem is that Pan has the MOST DECIEVING QUEUE EVER. I think a lot of people get into the line thinking that there's no WAY it could be that long... not realizing it wraps allllllll the way around the side of the building... TWICE!

The MaD Hatter

While I've never ridden the DL version, it seems like a lot of DL rides are superior to their WDW counterparts (SM, PotC, and apparently Peter Pan). Here's hoping that WDW will eventually catch up with DL's ride quality.

As for the capacity issue, I think it would help some if they installed ride vehicles with two rows of seats instead of just one.

However, with only 2 weeks to do this refurb, it will mostly likely be a spit and polish job.

imagineer boy

Hmm... at least its getting some attention. However, I REALLY think it needs a HM caliber refurb. One thing that really needs to be fixed is the boarding area and the queue line so the lines won't be so dang long. They also need to fix some of the SFX, animatronics, etc.

girlface

Yeah i heard peter pan was joining amy winehouse,lindsay lohan and nicole richy in rehab. 2 weeks should do it. Ahh that peter. Such a rebel. Thats why he hasnt grown up. The drugs are stunting his growth.:p

Animaniac93-98

As for the capacity issue, I think it would help some if they installed ride vehicles with two rows of seats instead of just one.

DLP's Peter Pan has pirate ships with two rows of seats and it was apparently proposed that DL would get a refurb that would include adding those same kind of ships. I hope it's being considered for WDW too.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I've been on both WDW's and DL's and didn't see much difference besides that DL's is a bit shorter (from what I recall). I actually preferred WDW's :shrug:

jmuboy

It was funny the first 18,000 times, now it is not. Get over the SSE rehab already :fork:

The SSE rehab was GREAT. I am a Disney purist and TOTALLY loved everything about the SSE rehab. A stale and poorly executed ending has been replaced with a NEW, MODERN and ..... FUN ending to this great ride. Even the non Disney-freaks in my group liked it.

jmuboy

While I've never ridden the DL version, it seems like a lot of DL rides are superior to their WDW counterparts (SM, PotC, and apparently Peter Pan). Here's hoping that WDW will eventually catch up with DL's ride quality.

However, with only 2 weeks to do this refurb, it will mostly likely be a spit and polish job.

DL's rides are almost ALWAYS better than the WDW versions because WDW rests on its laurels when it comes to teh MK. The only exception I can think of is the HM which kicks the DL HM's butt now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom