Peru to World Showcase Rumor

NiarrNDisney

I will believe it when I see!
Either way any addition to WS would be great! I'm excited for the two new restaurants, the added Tequila Bar in Mexico is
wonderful and the gift shop in China I'm sure is nice too. (Not that they needed any more retail space in that area)
I say bring it on VIVA Peru! :sohappy:

castlecake2.0

What he said. Likely an off-hand remark was made by the person from Worldwide Services (by the way, what does that segment of the company actually do? The only time I've seen that department title is on my paycheck) that was misinterpreted by an over-excited ex-politician.

Worldwide services is also printed on the back of the belt Im wearing right now...

Next Big Thing

I read something that Ricky Brigante posted on this yesterday. I don't remember exactly where I read it, but the article stated this does NOT mean a new pavillion, only a presence at the EPCOT F&W Festival this year.

lazyboy97o

The "source" article claims that EPCOT Center was Disney's second park (when in fact it is third) and that it is the largest theme park in the world.

Who is Brent?

Sounds like a preview center.
Sounds like a slightly more elaborate festival exhibit.

DisneyLeo18

TDO loves their character tie-ins (ala Donald in Mexico) and Peru would give them Kuzco, Kronk's Restaurant ("Ooh, my spinach puffs!), Izma's "pull-the-lever-Kronk" dark ride, and Pacha's house up on the hill...

Oh, the wonder of it all! :eek:

Except Disney hasn't promoted Emperors New Groove at WDW at all, but who knows. And I love the movie, but have never found any merchandise from it.

828tnt

Perhaps you need to better develop your read between the lines skills.

i like the idea. but disney has a lot of ideas. hardly concrete no matter how much you stretch the meaning.

the whole article is 4 paragraphs- must be true.... only if corroborated by a bus driver.

being less sarcastic- i wonder how they could incorporate something like machu picchu? if done right, it could be amazing!

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
We'd all love a new entry to WS, and South America is unrepresented, so Peru would be decent choice, but this smacks of one of those temporary exhibits that gets put up during Food & Wine, not an actual pavilion.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
If this is the new country I would rather see them just add attractions to the countries they have :shrug:

Well, Peru could be an interesting addition, but this article really doesn't do much to point in that direction. But, I don't think Peru has the extra money lying around for a pavilion at Epcot.....

durhay

If we're just going to make this a WS Additional Country pipe dream thread, I'd like to second the motion for either Egypt or Greece. Though my only real requirement about another country would be good alcohol offerings... :)lookaroun :lol: ) A small pyramid seems to be lacking from WS at this point.

:hammer:

jt04

Original Poster
i like the idea. but disney has a lot of ideas. hardly concrete no matter how much you stretch the meaning.

the whole article is 4 paragraphs- must be true.... only if corroborated by a bus driver.

being less sarcastic- i wonder how they could incorporate something like machu picchu? if done right, it could be amazing!

I was thinking the same thing. Could a replica of machu picchu on the scale of the potter mountain/castle complex be under consideration? It does create interesting possibilities. Perhaps as a backdrop to a pavillion that features more than one South American country? The expansion pad between China and Germany is large enough to house such a complex. If they are not actively thinking about this perhaps they should be. It could be awesome.

Erin_Akey

I am at the office and therefore did not have time to read the article referenced, but by looking at the thread, could it be that a chef was sent to study local cuisine for something to do with the upcoming Food and Wine Festival this fall? Peru has been represented there before and if they were, it might be a good place to display this model? Just a thought.

mickeykid79

Well thats offensive!

Being a half Peruvian I find it offensive that many would think that Peru is a drug haven. Peruvian culture is far different from it neighboring countries, its a mix of old ancient Inca, Asian influences, and Spaniard cultures. Though it maybe far fetch that Disney will consider to built a Peruvian Pavilion any time soon, I applaud the creator of this topic for thinking outside the box and instead of hearing the same old tired rumors of Russia and Greece being built.

Truth of the matter is that, being also an Epcot cast member, Disney in NO way is planning on building a new showcase any time soon or has any plans for the future. They are just focusing on getting each country to enhance the experience. You will notice this on how, each country is adding new dining options and shops (eg: Mexico's new waterside cafe, China's recent upgrade of the circle vision film, and France's new Givenchy shop).

Figment632

Being a half Peruvian I find it offensive that many would think that Peru is a drug haven. Peruvian culture is far different from it neighboring countries, its a mix of old ancient Inca, Asian influences, and Spaniard cultures. Though it maybe far fetch that Disney will consider to built a Peruvian Pavilion any time soon, I applaud the creator of this topic for thinking outside the box and instead of hearing the same old tired rumors of Russia and Greece being built.

Truth of the matter is that, being also an Epcot cast member, Disney in NO way is planning on building a new showcase any time soon or has any plans for the future. They are just focusing on getting each country to enhance the experience. You will notice this on how, each country is adding new dining options and shops (eg: Mexico's new waterside cafe, China's recent upgrade of the circle vision film, and France's new Givenchy shop).

While these are nice and welcome additions they need to add attractions!

xtremeboy18

Heeeeeey - don't say f__________' things about peru

I'm imagining the "Peruvian Drug Cartel Bistro"

Coca plants and machine guns oh my

OK, PERU IS MY COUNTRY. I STUDY IN USIL - UNIVERSIDAD SAN IGNACIO DE LOYOLA. I WAS A CAST MEMBER IN 2008, I USED TO WORK AT DINORAMA AT ANIMAL KINGDOM AND I'M A DISNEY FAN, AS U.

YESTERDAY I ATTEND TO THE OPENING OF THE NEW HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT BUILDING IN WHICH KRISTIN BEEN, RAUL DIEZ CANSECO AND OTHER AUTHORITIES TALKED ABOUT THE INTENDED MACHU PICCHU REPLICA TO BE BUILT SOON IN EPCOT CENTER AND, AS LONG AS THEY TOLD ALL THE STUDENTS THAT WERE THERE, IT'S A HUGE POSSIBILITY.

PERHAPS DISNEY MUST CONSIDER CONVERSATIONS WITH THE PERUVIAN GOBERMENT, RAUL TOLD US THART HE ALREADY TALKED WITH SOME MINISTERS, AND KRISTIN BEEN TOLD THAT SHE ALREADY TALK THE COMPANY DIVISION TO SEND SOME PHOTOGRAPHERS AND GRAPHIC DESIGNERS - MAYBE A COUPLE OF IMAGINEERS- TO STUDY ALL THE PLACE.

SO, I CAN SAY IN A FEW YEARS PERU WOULD HAVE A PAVILION.

USIL-PERU (MY SCHOOL )HAVE GOOD RELATIONS WITH DISNEY WORLD EXECUTIvES BECAUSE OF THE COLLEGE PROGRAM.

PERU ES A MULTICULTURAL COUNTRY, AND IF U HAVE NEVER BEEN HERE YOU SHOULD, IF YOU LIKE DRUGS, COCA AND THAT, HAVE FUN, MAYBE YOU CAN FIND THEM HERE TOO. THE THING IS, WHY COMING TO PERU TO FIND DRUGS YOU ALREADY LIKE! BETTER BUY THEM WITH NO PROBLEMS NEAR YOUR NEIGHBOORHOOD!!!:snore::snore::snore:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom