Personalized bricks or pic wall at Epcot

JoeMcCann

Original Poster
I will be down there Aug 8- Aug 16. I would like to get either one in memory of my Mother,who passed away after a long battle with cancer. She was supposed to have come down with me last Sept when I last visited. Are these still available?

DisneyChik17

Neither of these are still available. The bricks ended long ago and the LaL tiles were done away with in 2007 sometime, I beleive.

Sorry to hear about your mother's passing...

kstella

I was fortunate to get a memorial LOL tile for my brother right before they discontinued sales. I purchased it Christmas of 2006 and gave it to my parents on what would have been his birthday in Feb of 2007. The tile couldn't say in memory of or anything like that, so I had to word it in a way that didn't mention death. It was a challenge, but I came up with something and am so glad that there is a reminder of my brother at Epcot.

DisneyPrincess5

Yes, unfortunately they've stopped the Leave a Legacy program.

But what I don't understand is that, from what I remember, there are still blank tablets there. What is the reason for ending the program?

foreverbelle

Sorry to hear about your mother, i think that would have been a beautiful legacy. i was bumped that they stopped it as well, lets hope you can find a new way to remember her done there!

Rob562

Yes, unfortunately they've stopped the Leave a Legacy program.

But what I don't understand is that, from what I remember, there are still blank tablets there. What is the reason for ending the program?

It wasn't selling. They were expecting to have ALL of those panels covered within the first few years. Toward the end, they couldn't even GIVE them away... (As part of vacation packages, they gave a voucher for a free tile.)

-Rob

DougK

I was fortunate to get a memorial LOL tile for my brother right before they discontinued sales. I purchased it Christmas of 2006 and gave it to my parents on what would have been his birthday in Feb of 2007. The tile couldn't say in memory of or anything like that, so I had to word it in a way that didn't mention death. It was a challenge, but I came up with something and am so glad that there is a reminder of my brother at Epcot.

It is strangely funny you couldn't mention death on LAL but everyone here calls them tombstones...

Sorry about your brother though...

DisneyPrincess5

It wasn't selling. They were expecting to have ALL of those panels covered within the first few years. Toward the end, they couldn't even GIVE them away... (As part of vacation packages, they gave a voucher for a free tile.)

-Rob

Oooh interesting...thanks for clarifying!

Sounds like they'd sell now! I read on here a lot about people wanting a piece of the action.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom