PERMITS

SSG

Original Poster
New trellis's at the Grand. Or is that Trelli?

Permit Number: BLD2017-00402 Status: Received Map Info: 1600 S DISNEYLAND DR GRAND CALIFORNIAN
Name:
WALT DISNEY WORLD CO
Address: 1600 S DISNEYLAND
Received Date: 01/31/2017
Parcel: 08219026

Description: Grand Californian Hotel - Phase III - Tenant Improvement: Trellis replacements for #2,12,17, and 18 located on balconies.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
New trellis's at the Grand. Or is that Trelli?

Trellises. It would be Trelli if it was based on a Latin word 'trellium', but, it's based instead on trillicium (three [braided] threads) and then into French as trelis, completely losing its Latin usage.

In any case, a plural is never made with an apostrophe except maybe in the case of some symbols or abbreviations so that the 's' is not mistaken to be part of the symbol or abbreviation, such as: The Oakland A's.

vancee

Trellises. It would be Trelli if it was based on a Latin word 'trellium', but, it's based instead on trillicium (three [braided] threads) and then into French as trelis, completely losing its Latin usage.

In any case, a plural is never made with an apostrophe except maybe in the case of some symbols or abbreviations so that the 's' is not mistaken to be part of the symbol or abbreviation, such as: The Oakland A's.
Thanks for the grammar lecture.

SSG

Original Poster
The cell towers in the park are getting some work.

Received BLD2017-00429 WALT DISNEY WORLD CO 1313 S HARBOR BLVD 8406 (Redd Rocketts Pizza Port) Disney - Redd Rocketts Pizza Port - Antenna Cell Site: Modification to existing roof mounted Verizon Cell Site.

Received BLD2017-00431 WALT DISNEY WORLD CO 1313 S HARBOR BLVD 2501 (Indy Jones Adventure) Disney - Indiana Jones Adventure - Antenna Cell Site: Modification to existing Verizon Cell site on roof.

Received BLD2017-00433 WALT DISNEY WORLD CO 1313 S HARBOR BLVD 3300 (New Orleans Railroad Complex) Disney - New Orleans Railroad Station - Antenna Cell Site: Modification to existing roof top Verizon Cell Site.

SSG

Original Poster
The cell towers in the park are getting some work.

Received BLD2017-00429 WALT DISNEY WORLD CO 1313 S HARBOR BLVD 8406 (Redd Rocketts Pizza Port) Disney - Redd Rocketts Pizza Port - Antenna Cell Site: Modification to existing roof mounted Verizon Cell Site.

Received BLD2017-00431 WALT DISNEY WORLD CO 1313 S HARBOR BLVD 2501 (Indy Jones Adventure) Disney - Indiana Jones Adventure - Antenna Cell Site: Modification to existing Verizon Cell site on roof.

Received BLD2017-00433 WALT DISNEY WORLD CO 1313 S HARBOR BLVD 3300 (New Orleans Railroad Complex) Disney - New Orleans Railroad Station - Antenna Cell Site: Modification to existing roof top Verizon Cell Site.

Received BLD2017-00432 WALT DISNEY WORLD CO 1515 S HARBOR BLVD 305 (DISNEY ANIMATION) DCA - Disney Animation - Bldg #305 - Antenna Cell Site: Modification to existing roof mounted Verizon Cell Site.

Old Mouseketeer

Character Head Building sounds a bit serial killer....

Issued BLD2017-00297 ALL AREA PLUMBING 1515 S HARBOR BLVD H314 CHARACTER CHANG

Plumbing to relocate condensation line to sink for DCA - Back of House - Character Head Building (B314). REF:BLD2016-02030

Not sure if this is one of the three existing sinks in the building (plus the washing machines--yes my Bothan spies are that good!) or the new drying room, which has dragged on. I'm several weeks out of date as to progress on the drying room. They constructed a new room for DCA's Photopass deployment office next to the old one adjoining the DCA Character Head Room behind ToT. The old room is being converted to a drying room with heaters and humidifiers to speed drying of sculpted (fuzzy) character costumes after they have been laundered.

It will be interesting.

Old Mouseketeer

WDI is getting an office on-site for SWL:

Permit Number: BLD2017-00181 Status: Issued Map Info: 888 S DISNEYLAND DR 200
Name:
MORROW MEADOWS CORPORATION
Address: 888 S DISNEYLAND 200
Received Date: 01/17/2017
Parcel: 03610212
Plan Check Date:
Issue Date:
01/17/2017
Expiration Date: 01/17/2018
Finaled Date:
Description:
Electrical to install (37) receptacles, lights, switches, (2) apparatus or equipment not listed and factory wired appliance -up to 1 h.p for " WDI FrontierLand Office". REF:BLD2016-06094

Interesting. According to the property managements website:

888 S. Disneyland Drive: Anaheim | Milan Capital Management ... A 99,692 square foot, five-story office building located just north of Disneyland Theme Park.​

This is the office building north of the old Sheraton castle across Ball Rd. from the resort, so it's not "on-site". I wonder if this is augmenting or replacing the office space on Lewis St. where Company D, Team Center, and Property Control relocated. WDI was evicted from their manufactured building (trailers) between Indy and Westsider to provide space for the Horticulture offices and conference rooms displaced by SWL.

truecoat

From the DL website, the cheapest annual pass is $599. Last I heard, they have about a million AP's. It's hard to believe Disney wants to cull the herd from a $600+ million cash cow.

Phroobar

From the DL website, the cheapest annual pass is $599. Last I heard, they have about a million AP's. It's hard to believe Disney wants to cull the herd from a $600+ million cash cow.
$600 million in a company the size of Disney is really just a drop in the bucket.

Phroobar

Not sure if this is one of the three existing sinks in the building (plus the washing machines--yes my Bothan spies are that good!) or the new drying room, which has dragged on. I'm several weeks out of date as to progress on the drying room. They constructed a new room for DCA's Photopass deployment office next to the old one adjoining the DCA Character Head Room behind ToT. The old room is being converted to a drying room with heaters and humidifiers to speed drying of sculpted (fuzzy) character costumes after they have been laundered.

It will be interesting.
That has to be a freaky room. I can imagine all of these decapitated Mickey heads lining the shelves.

D

Deleted member 107043

One of the ways Disney increases P&R revenue growth is by increasing prices year after year, so I'm wondering if Disney may be looking at an alternative strategy that reduces its reliance on APs and drives increased spending by fiddling with ticket media and higher priced "specialty" offerings like Max Pass. Doing so could possibly maintain P&R revenue growth while increasing overall visitor satisfaction with less crowded parks.

Old Mouseketeer

That has to be a freaky room. I can imagine all of these decapitated Mickey heads lining the shelves.

I don't know if the heads actually go in that room or if it's just costume pieces (such as fur or body padding).

The two creepiest things I have ever heard about are Mrs. Incredible's face coming off (it's held on with magnets--and she's usually a guy) and someone standing up on a ladder in the DCA character issue and looking down and seeing several Flick heads looking up with those huge eyes!

Figments Friend

I don't know if the heads actually go in that room or if it's just costume pieces (such as fur or body padding).

The two creepiest things I have ever heard about are Mrs. Incredible's face coming off (it's held on with magnets--and she's usually a guy) and someone standing up on a ladder in the DCA character issue and looking down and seeing several Flick heads looking up with those huge eyes!

I'm sure you may have seen it...but there is actually a video clip out there on YouTube showing just that - Mrs. Incredible's face literally falling off as she took the stage in WDW's Tomorrowland.

Almost as awkward as the clip floating around of Disney Cruise Line Mickey having one of his eye covers suddenly pop out.
The performer accidentally smacked themselves in the 'eye' during the musical routine and it snapped out and fell back into the head leaving a gaping black hole.

Yikes..!
:D

-

Curious Constance

I saw a video of Mrs Incredible's face falling off. Lol

I took my daughter to Sesame Street live years ago, and one of Big Bird's eyes popped off during a singing number lol It flew off and landed in the audience near us! There was a metal peg where the eye should be. He turned his back to the audience and danced off stage. Lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom