PERMITS

Old Mouseketeer

Yeah, I was wondering that too. It doesn't sound like Launch Bay is going away soon, so probably not Star Wars characters, and the current rumor is Disney Jr. at DCA becomes the Marvel meeting place. They had Big Hero Six and Wreck it Ralph characters for awhile but that was tied in with the movies' theatrical run, so I can't see that returning or being a big draw (at least until the Ralph sequel comes out). Buzz Lightyear, maybe?

Interesting detail--movie promotions like Hero and Ralph are paid for by the respective studio, including paying for performers and hosts. If the resort wishes to continue having the character, it comes out of the entertainment department budget. At Launch Bay, the change from Vader to Kylo and then back to Vader was to promo Episode VII, then Rogue One, and sometime this year Kylo will be coming back to promo Episode VIII.

Antaundra

Something to do with the $15,000 dinner party I guess:

BLD2017-00560WALT DISNEY WORLD CO1313 S HARBOR BLVD 1600 (Building 200 Block)Disney - Main Street - 200 Block, Walts Apartment - Tenant Improvement: 325 sq.ft new exterior access lift to serve second floor offices and roof terrace and elevated sloped walkway with elevator.

My understanding is that they removed Walt's Appartment from the Walk In Walt's Footsteps tour because access wasn't ADA compliant. Maybe this elevator is so they can bring the Appartment back to the tour.

westie

My understanding is that they removed Walt's Apartment from the Walk In Walt's Footsteps tour because access wasn't ADA compliant. Maybe this elevator is so they can bring the Apartment back to the tour.

Yep. And, that elevator will cost a fortune!

SSG

Original Poster
This popped up; Underground conduit for Star Tours II Fastpass. A couple months back a construction permit was issued “to install (2) new fastpass tap points” so I’d guess this is related.

Permit Number: BLD2017-00598 Status: Issued Map Info: 1313 S HARBOR BLVD 8201 (Star Tours)

Name: MORROW MEADOWS CORPORATION

Address: 1313 S HARBOR 8201

Received Date: 02/13/2017

Parcel:08219019

Plan Check Date:

Issue Date:
02/13/2017

Expiration Date: 02/13/2018

Finaled Date:

Description:
Electrical- Disneyland- Tomorrowland Star Tours II Fastpass
Type ELE - Underground conduit

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom