PERMITS

SSG

Original Poster
BLD2018-04437 Electrical to install (3) receptacles to support food trucks in front of AMC theaters.

BLD2018-04430 Mechanical to reference tenant improvement permit BLD2018-03030 for Disneyland Hotel - Tangaroa Terrace - Tiki Bar Development

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Honestly they should just demo the entire west side of Main street, the Jungle Cruise, everything from the Tiki room to Big Thunder Mountain, Tiki Room and Big Thunder Mountain themselves, and Matterhorn / Space Mountain, strictly with the intentions of allowing more people to walk through to Galaxy's Edge.

Then I'd predict the next phase of Galaxy's Edge to take over Tomorrowland entirely. Any permits for that yet?

SSG

Original Poster
Permit Number: BLD2018-04455 Map Info: 1351 S DISNEYLAND DR (Parking Structure) Disney - Pedestrian Bridge THIS CASE HAS BEEN CREATED PRIOR TO SUBMITTAL AS A MEANS OF PROVIDING PWDS WITH A PERMIT NUMBER FOR THE ENCROACHMENT LICENSE AGREEMENT

Darkbeer1

...in English please?

Basically, for the Bridge to be built, it need a license agreement from another governmental agency in regards to encroachment. (I presume it is either a roadway or electrical zone).

That process requires a building division permit number. So this will allow the issuance of that number.

After the license is issued, and Disney has permission to build, it will then submit the actual building details required for the permit to be approved.

AKA, Government Red Tape, and a way to get past a Catch-22 of needing the license to build, but not sure what will be allowed under the license agreement.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Basically, for the Bridge to be built, it need a license agreement from another governmental agency in regards to encroachment. (I presume it is either a roadway or electrical zone).

That process requires a building division permit number. So this will allow the issuance of that number.

After the license is issued, and Disney has permission to build, it will then submit the actual building details required for the permit to be approved.

AKA, Government Red Tape, and a way to get past a Catch-22 of needing the license to build, but not sure what will be allowed under the license agreement.

So does that mean the kinder gentler approach of Josh has gotten the EGW project back to being potentially approved by Anaheim?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
No, the address is for the Cleo Structure. We are talking current construction.

The first step for the Eastern Gateway would be hearings for a Planning Commission application. And the earliest it would happen is 2019, sorry.

I was just making sure. I would have been impressed if the new DL Prez got things smoothed over that fast.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Interesting...OK.

Do we have any ideas of where this pedestrian bridge is expected to be or connect to?

Darkbeer1

Interesting...OK.

Do we have any ideas of where this pedestrian bridge is expected to be or connect to?

Currently there is one pedestrian bridge that CM's use to access the backstage area near SW:GE. It goes under the main Disneyland Bridge in the area. That might have to be redone, and is an area that has restrictions. Or it could be a bridge from Cleo that is near a roadway, once again Disneyland Drive.

Or electrical, there are buried power lines in the area that have restrictions. So that is pretty much anywhere, but near roadways are common.

Magic Way isn't officially a public street, though Disney created it to serve as one.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Currently there is one pedestrian bridge that CM's use to access the backstage area near SW:GE. It goes under the main Disneyland Bridge in the area. That might have to be redone, and is an area that has restrictions. Or it could be a bridge from Cleo that is near a roadway, once again Disneyland Drive.

Or electrical, there are buried power lines in the area that have restrictions. So that is pretty much anywhere, but near roadways are common.

Magic Way isn't officially a public street, though Disney created it to serve as one.

Well this was filed at some point, so I have a feeling its for a Magic Way Bridge.

Name: WALT DISNEY WORLD CO Address: 1351 S DISNEYLAND Master Number: MIS2018-00682 Parcel: 12931102 Description: Magic Way Pedestrian Bridge

Old Mouseketeer

So does that mean the kinder gentler approach of Josh has gotten the EGW project back to being potentially approved by Anaheim?

Approval by Anaheim is only part of the problem. Disney also has to appease the Harbor Bl. businesses to avoid lawsuits. IMHO, one of the reasons for postponing EGW was the prospect of lawsuits by disgruntled Harbor motels and restaurants. Even if Disney lawyers believed they would prevail at trial, there was no way to guarantee when any final resolution could be won in Disney's favor. And Disney couldn't afford to take that risk when they absolutely need parking for SW:GE next year.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Approval by Anaheim is only part of the problem. Disney also has to appease the Harbor Bl. businesses to avoid lawsuits. IMHO, one of the reasons for postponing EGW was the prospect of lawsuits by disgruntled Harbor motels and restaurants. Even if Disney lawyers believed they would prevail at trial, there was no way to guarantee when any final resolution could be won in Disney's favor. And Disney couldn't afford to take that risk when they absolutely need parking for SW:GE next year.

Not that it matters at this point because it wasn't for the EGW anyways. But the assumption would be that if this permit had been for the EGW bridge, that Disney would have been working with the Harbor businesses behind the scenes to get their buy-in while getting the approval from Anaheim.

And I actually kind of suspect that Disney has been secretly working with the Harbor businesses anyways. So that way when the political climate in Anaheim is better they can present a complete package to Anaheim with Harbor business buy-in to get it approved as quick as possible.

Old Mouseketeer

Not that it matters at this point because it wasn't for the EGW anyways. But the assumption would be that if this permit had been for the EGW bridge, that Disney would have been working with the Harbor businesses behind the scenes to get their buy-in while getting the approval from Anaheim.

And I actually kind of suspect that Disney has been secretly working with the Harbor businesses anyways. So that way when the political climate in Anaheim is better they can present a complete package to Anaheim with Harbor business buy-in to get it approved as quick as possible.

I agree. This seems entirely logical (if Disney isn't completely insane). I don't think it's a complicated formula:
1. Make nice with the Harbor Bl. folks by finding a way to add an exit from the bridge to the East side of Harbor and facilitating entry to the pedestrian path on the back of their businesses.
2. Improve the appearance of the bridge.
3. (Not likely, but I would prefer it) Add a moving sidewalk like Universal Orlando and shade. The idea of walking the entire distance in the hot sun is nauseating to me.
And if Disney's smart, there will be a Starbucks on one side and a gift shop on the other at the Western end of the bridge ramp. (And restrooms wouldn't hurt.)

Darkbeer1

I agree. This seems entirely logical (if Disney isn't completely insane). I don't think it's a complicated formula:
1. Make nice with the Harbor Bl. folks by finding a way to add an exit from the bridge to the East side of Harbor and facilitating entry to the pedestrian path on the back of their businesses.
2. Improve the appearance of the bridge.
3. (Not likely, but I would prefer it) Add a moving sidewalk like Universal Orlando and shade. The idea of walking the entire distance in the hot sun is nauseating to me.
And if Disney's smart, there will be a Starbucks on one side and a gift shop on the other at the Western end of the bridge ramp. (And restrooms wouldn't hurt.)

The original plan had public restrooms in the Pumbaa Structure. And a CM restroom for security near the east end of the bridge.

The transportation drivers were expected to use the Pumbaa restrooms.

Darkbeer1

I need to be careful here.

I can say the Disneyland Resort has a group of "panels" that deal with different parts of the local community. One of which deals with non-Disney Hotel/Motel owners, where they share information in all directions. Nothing secret of course, but used as a gauge of what is happening in the area. Something that has been done for Decades. At one time it was the Good Neighbor group, but has morphed a bit.

So of course, during the Eastern Gateway application period the first time, they heard the complaints, and how the Hotel Owners and Restaurants wanted it to be fixed. And of course, after the project was placed on hold, and the Western project announced, another set of comments. So yes, there has been communication. As for revised plans, I doubt the group has heard much about it.

SSG

Original Poster
BLD2018-04464 Electrical to support improvements at Matterhorn Bobsleds - Disney - Fantasyland. REF: BLD2018-03423 [Tenant Improvement: 120 sq.ft free standing canopy, (10) new light poles and modification to existing open queuing area.]

BLD2018-04466 Electrical for receptacles, lights, and switches for interior of Disney Animation Building - DCA - Hollywood Land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom