News Permits 2018

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If the temporary access road is what already is in place, it looks like the lot is being shifted a little to the south, moving it even closer to the Tron location.

Shifted indeed. About 600 employee parking places, including a spot for motorcycles.

EDIT: Oopsie. While this 'fit' the road and assumed the existing access road was the labeled temporary one, it didn't fit the monorail towers. See the next post for the update.

1531776185093.png

Last edited:

Monorail_Red_77

Lotta more space there for parking...
I wonder if they will leave the balance of this area for the existing storage/scrap working area. You can see ride boats, etc here. Also saw a video recently of people in this rough area looking at an old stripped monorail car frame. Boy that sure was a sad scene.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I wonder if they will leave the balance of this area for the existing storage/scrap working area. You can see ride boats, etc here. Also saw a video recently of people in this rough area looking at an old stripped monorail car frame. Boy that sure was a sad scene.

I'm sure they will. There was a lot of wasted space with people parking willy-nilly and no organized placement of storage items.

Lensman

@danlb_2000, would it be possible for you to link to your previous permit threads in the first post of this thread? You did it in previous years and it really helps save some time when I'm searching for one of your permit posts but I can't remember which year's thread it was in. TIA!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Two interesting permits filed today that needed some deciphering. The contractor is one of Disney's bigger contractors and they also filed a permit that is likely related to the new Epcot night time show, but I don't think these are connected. A Conex is basically a shipping container often used to store supplies at a construction site. Kenpat is a local drywall contractor and Mader is probably Mader Southeast which is contractor who has done a lot of work on both attractions and hotels at Disney and Universal. Finally the location. I can't place it exactly but it appears to be somewhere near Coronado Springs.

7/30/2018 - Other - Balfour Beatty Construction Llc
1169 W Buena Vista Dr - Kenpat Conex #2

1169 W Buena Vista Dr - Mader Conex

GlacierGlacier

Two interesting permits filed today that needed some deciphering. The contractor is one of Disney's bigger contractors and they also filed a permit that is likely related to the new Epcot night time show, but I don't think these are connected. A Conex is basically a shipping container often used to store supplies at a construction site. Kenpat is a local drywall contractor and Mader is probably Mader Southeast which is contractor who has done a lot of work on both attractions and hotels at Disney and Universal. Finally the location. I can't place it exactly but it appears to be somewhere near Coronado Springs.

1169 W Buena Vista Dr - Kenpat Conex #2

1169 W Buena Vista Dr - Mader Conex

Staging for internals of Coronado Tower? Drywalling, Decor, storage for construction containers?

TraderSam

After some discussion with Steve, I have decided to step back into the role of “permit coordinator”, but we have also decided some changes are necessary.

The biggest part of this job was maintaining the thread that list all the permits that Disney files. Over the past year I have noticed I was seeing fewer permits that could clearly be identified as something interesting. I am not sure if this was intentional obfuscation by Disney or simply a change in the way these permits were getting written. The end result of this is that I was spending a lot of time documenting all the permits for little gain.

The plan going forward is that I will review the permits looking for ones that are clearly of interest and I will post these in the appropriate thread and also maintain a list here. There will be a lot fewer permits posted and it may take me a few days to get to them. I also have no plans to continue updating the project specific permit threads like the one for the DHS permits. With these changes I should be able to keep up with the permits without missing out on potentially interesting information.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few notes about the purpose of this thread...

Despite the name, this thread actually lists Notices of Commencement (NOCs) for construction projects around the WDW property. A NOC is a document that must be filed before work on a specific project can begin and is usually filed shortly before work starts. It's main purpose is to assure that contractors get paid on time once the work is complete. NOCs will sometimes have an explicit expiration date, but most of the time a date is not specified in which case they expire one year from the filing date.

The documents generally don't contain much information. They will list the location where the work is being done, for example the name of a ride or store. They also show a description of the work being done which is normally very vague, for example "Electrical" or "Construction". Some of the NOCs I post will just say "BVCC". This stands for Buena Vista Construction Company which is Disney's internal construction company. The work description on BVCC permits is almost always the very vague "Provide labor, material and/or electrical for construction".

Previous Years

This is officially my favorite thread in any forum on this site. And possibly the Disney subreddits.
:bow:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom