Perhaps all is not well....

Reason

Original Poster
I was told by one of my patients yesterday that one of the larger independent attraction development houses here in Orlando had a large layoff very recently as Disney put several big projects on hold. They were working on projects at DAK, MK, and "something else." Doesn't mean they won't be built, nor does it mean other projects were stopped as well. But they were expecting to be VERY busy over the next 5 years. The important thing I've been told is that Disney corporate management[contrary to what a lot us think] really does want to reinvest in the Florida project.

A little help for a change from Richard Cook and the movie studios might free up the cash needed.

I hear they want to see a good Q1 2010 companywide before they commit, which in my opinion means they being risk averse when they should be taking advantage on current cheaper construction costs. Then again I'm far from certain we are not in a bear market rally, so maybe the ABC TV weatherman-CEO is right.

Lee

Adventurer
I was told by one of my patients yesterday that one of the larger independent attraction development houses here in Orlando had a large layoff very recently as Disney put several big projects on hold.
Interesting that independent development houses would be that affected by Disney's plans. I haven't heard of anything major being cut (Still waiting to hear about the status of MInc).
I know of at least 2 posters here who may well have knowledge about this.
Let's wait and see if either shows up to toss in 2 cents....:lookaroun

Duckberg

I was told by one of my patients yesterday that one of the larger independent attraction development houses here in Orlando had a large layoff very recently as Disney put several big projects on hold. They were working on projects at DAK, MK, and "something else." Doesn't mean they won't be built, nor does it mean other projects were stopped as well. But they were expecting to be VERY busy over the next 5 years. The important thing I've been told is that Disney corporate management[contrary to what a lot us think] really does want to reinvest in the Florida project.

A little help for a change from Richard Cook and the movie studios might free up the cash needed.

I hear they want to see a good Q1 2010 companywide before they commit, which in my opinion means they being risk averse when they should be taking advantage on current cheaper construction costs. Then again I'm far from certain we are not in a bear market rally, so maybe the ABC TV weatherman-CEO is right.

Thanks for the insight Duckberg :rolleyes:

Reason

Original Poster
Perhaps all is not well

Is it a coincidence that WDWinsider gets banned then today this guy pops up? :shrug: Just a thought.

Nothing that dramatic, I'm afraid. I've been lurking on this forum for about 6 years. I really am reluctant to post much on any forums as the signal to noise ratio gets a bit skewed on occasion and I don't want to get caught up in that again. I used to post alot on CompuServe in the early 90s and got into some huge pi**ing contests . Quite honestly, while I enjoy the Disney Parks, SOME people just get a bit too emotional about them. Of course, it's much easier to become a bit blase about them when you live so close you can hear MKs train whistle if the wind blows the right direction.

This is just something one of my patients told me. And as he's a principal at the firm I feel it's pretty accurate. I'm aware of some of the projects they've been working on, but only in the vaguest of terms. But just as WDI draws up a lot of plans and only executes a few so does the independent design houses. So a lot of their design work does not get executed. At least by them...

Oberon81

TS_BHB_not_amused_khan.jpg

Khan is not amused by this confusing mess.

MousDad

I have a slight hunch that jt will be a little skeptical of the OP's veracity.

Oh, and Insider was way too "Ooh, look at all the cool stuff we're doing!" to be this guy.

DocMcHulk

I take this with a grain of salt, until confirmed by other sources. but, if true. Would lend some possible confirmation to MI being deep 6st.

Oberon81

I dont think that the Federal Government's HIPPA laws apply to discussing Disney World.:hammer:

While I agree with you about HIPPA, the patients right to privacy regarding where they work, the nature of their business, and conversation between them and their doctor still could be a violation. Just saying. Speaking from experience as the husband of a doctor.

Regardless of the statement above I can't help but think this gets filed into the "bus driver" category. The credibility of "I heard" statements is questionable.

fosse76

While I agree with you about HIPPA, the patients right to privacy regarding where they work, the nature of their business, and conversation between them and their doctor still could be a violation. Just saying. Speaking from experience as the husband of a doctor.

Regardless of the statement above I can't help but think this gets filed into the "bus driver" category. The credibility of "I heard" statements is questionable.

HIPAA only protects an individual's health information and identity. Since the OP didn't name the person nor describe any medical conditions of the patient, there is no violation.

http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/understanding/consumers/index.html

Oberon81

Okay... I retract my statement. Just out of curiosity I asked the wife and she said as long as no name was mentioned nothing is wrong. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Yet, I still think the info is questionable.

Buried20KLeague

You DO realize that with the exception of about two people on this board, this is ENTIRELY how information makes it into these forums, right?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom