People Seem Jaded About Disney World in General

pridejam02

Original Poster
I think this is my first post or second. Dont get me wrong I have my own dislikes about some of the things I see in the park. Just like everyone I pay good money to go there. But there is a difference between me and some of the people that post on here. I complain to the guest services department if I feel that I was treated unfairly or a CM was rude to me. I dont think taking the time to complain about the steam on the little choo choo train not working on EE is worth everyones time reading. Or a person smoking 5 ft outside the smoking area is even worth the time to get upset about. I am a smoker but I abide by the rules of the park even if I may not agree with them all of the time. Because lets face it designated smoking areas are hard to find some times and there are not a lot of them. But I make it a point to not smoke by litte children or crowded areas. Another example is someone posted having to look at some one eating a turkey leg. I mean are people that jaded about the park that they have to call a person eating a turkey leg disgusting. Its that guest money let them spend it. Some times when I get on here to read about new attractions I am excited about there is that one guy that says "Yeah I rode it !!! It sucked dude , Evertything new here sucks ". My answer to that is why did you spend your money and come to Disney World if all you are going to do is complain.

** If anyone has anything out there to add please share it **

I do not have a degree in English so dont crucify my spelling and grammar

Sofiesmom

I completely agree with you. I spend thousands of dollars to go to WDW and I love it!! Who cares about little things? No place is perfect. I have been going to WDW since I was a small child and a lot things have changed that I am not happy about. I dont whine and moan about it. If it bothered me that much, I wouldnt spend the money to go. We had some issues at our resort last month and I went to management. I didnt complain on here about it! I could see posting it to tell people what happened but there IS a lot of Disney bashing and it drives me bonkers.

I understand that these boards are here for us all to discuss things but quit the bashing!!!! If you dont like WDW, dont go and dont about it here!!! :mad: I understand people want to discuss things, but come on....

Sorry, I just get angry when I think about all the bashers out there!

Britt

The difference is that they talk about it and you dont.

Like you said...you have your dislikes...nobodys keeping you from voicing yours. Why are they not able to voice their own, relate to others or see if others noticed as well? I dont think anyone is jaded and if they are, it's because nobody talks about it.

Sofiesmom

The difference is that they talk about it and you dont.

Like you said...you have your dislikes...nobodys keeping you from voicing yours. Why are they not able to voice their own, relate to others or see if others noticed as well? I dont think anyone is jaded and if they are, it's because nobody talks about it.

True...But we get some threads that are all about this sucks, that sucks. etc. I agree that everyone should be able to voice their opinion. I am one of those people who will, but to me WDW is so magical that not much can ruin it for me... I hope that makes sense.

Britt

I completely agree with you. I spend thousands of dollars to go to WDW and I love it!! Who cares about little things? No place is perfect. I have been going to WDW since I was a small child and a lot things have changed that I am not happy about. I dont whine and moan about it. If it bothered me that much, I wouldnt spend the money to go. We had some issues at our resort last month and I went to management. I didnt complain on here about it! I could see posting it to tell people what happened but there IS a lot of Disney bashing and it drives me bonkers.

I understand that these boards are here for us all to discuss things but quit the bashing!!!! If you dont like WDW, dont go and dont about it here!!! :mad: I understand people want to discuss things, but come on....

I love 98% of Disney....but theres that 2% of it I dont like. I love it enough to keep spending my money there, to be totally bummed about the lack of a new trip planned, and to LOVE these boards because we can talk about the good, the bad and the ugly, unlike other Dis boards out there who dont allow it. : )

lazyboy97o

Who cares about little things?
Ever heard the phrase the "Disney Difference?" What are details if not "little things?" I care about "little things" because they are what made Disney for me. Not decorations based on intellectual property of another medium branded as Disney. I love the Disney parks because they defined the very best of theme entertainment, because they cared about the "little things" you so flippantly dismiss.

Britt

True...But we get some threads that are all about this sucks, that sucks. etc. I agree that everyone should be able to voice their opinion. I am one of those people who will, but to me WDW is so magical that not much can ruin it for me... I hope that makes sense.
It totally does...it's like someone calling your dog ugly! You're like "? No, NO, it's not, it's totally cute with the toilet water dripping from it's chin"...;)

I remember awhile ago reading a post about the lack of printed napkins. I was shocked it was even a topic because...really? It's napkins, come on. But as I read more comments, I realized it really wasn't about the napkins, but just the subtle removal of little details that make Disney so magical and once they start removing things like that, whats next to go? It seemed so trivial but it totally made sense why people would get concerned. What else is next, in their opinion, you know?

pridejam02

Original Poster
I like the feed back. I do have things I complain about but I complain to management or guest services. The reason I do that is because I am a supervisor for an I.T department and most of the time people that get mad at our department never complain to us they complain to there friends. Obviously I cant fix the problem if I dont know about it. I think the same rules apply to Disney.

bethymouse

It's a discussion forum. People are going to be upset over the way the parks (especially WDW) are being managed, while others will defend them to the end.....
After our recent visit, I USED to be one to defend Disney to the end. I just saw too many things at all 4 parks and the poor old POLY that needed lots of love and attention. The costs cuts at Disney are obvious, and for those of us "die hard" Disney fans, it's disappointing!:( I will still always love Disney, but can't afford to go each year when they're so many "projects" going on and the prices of everything keep going up!:eek: My boys are getting older too, and I'm trying to keep them Disney fans. it's hard. They want the thrill rides.:eek: Oh well. Here's to fixing the "old" and bringing on the much needed "new"...

Sofiesmom

It totally does...it's like someone calling your dog ugly! You're like "? No, NO, it's not, it's totally cute with the toilet water dripping from it's chin"...;)

I remember awhile ago reading a post about the lack of printed napkins. I was shocked it was even a topic because...really? It's napkins, come on. But as I read more comments, I realized it really wasn't about the napkins, but just the subtle removal of little details that make Disney so magical and once they start removing things like that, whats next to go? It seemed so trivial but it totally made sense why people would get concerned. What else is next, in their opinion, you know?

What a great example!! I actually had that happen to me with my dog. Well not the ugly, but we were at the vet and she called my muscular, thin dog - FAT!! I almost fell over! LOL :D Im like, listen doc, he is NOT FAT!!!!

I like your example about the napkins. I never thought about it like that but you are so right!!! They are doing a lot of cost cutting, cutting corners and it sucks but this economy does still suck. With that said, they should lower their prices and not increase them so more people would be able to come. I had to take a 3 year hiatus and just went back in Sept for the first time. Sorry, I am rambling....:rolleyes:

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Yes, these might be little things, but those little things start adding up. What happens when so many little things are wrong that it starts making WDW less magical? A lot of people call out the little things because they genuinely love Disney and don't want to see the experience get diminished by cost cutting.

PUSH

I understand what you're saying, sometimes I get caught up in reading everything and get bummed out. But on the other hand, why shouldn't they be allowed to voice their opinion? I just try to not let it get to me. In the end, everyone has the right to voice their opinion.

Goofyernmost

What a great example!! I actually had that happen to me with my dog. Well not the ugly, but we were at the vet and she called my muscular, thin dog - FAT!! I almost fell over! LOL :D Im like, listen doc, he is NOT FAT!!!!

I like your example about the napkins. I never thought about it like that but you are so right!!! They are doing a lot of cost cutting, cutting corners and it sucks but this economy does still suck. With that said, they should lower their prices and not increase them so more people would be able to come. I had to take a 3 year hiatus and just went back in Sept for the first time. Sorry, I am rambling....:rolleyes:

I was one that was amazed by the "napkin" problem as well. Nothing, and I should emphasize that, nothing would be less of a concern of mine then whether or not they had imprints on them. I do understand what others are saying about it, but I also think that the concern is really not anything worth getting upset about if you take a minute to just look around. Does having a McDonalds emblem on the napkin, make it magical? Does having an emblem on a cup at McDonalds, Wendys, Burger King, Dennys, or any other one you care to mention make it magical? I think that people tend to think that it is an exclusive experience when it is all around them, nothing special at all.

I plan on using a napkin to wipe mustard off my face or clean up after my kids spills their drink all over the table. Emblem not necessary.

Britt

I was one that was amazed by the "napkin" problem as well. Nothing, and I should emphasize that, nothing would be less of a concern of mine then whether or not they had imprints on them. I do understand what others are saying about it, but I also think that the concern is really not anything worth getting upset about if you take a minute to just look around. Does having a McDonalds emblem on the napkin, make it magical? Does having an emblem on a cup at McDonalds, Wendys, Burger King, Dennys, or any other one you care to mention make it magical? I think that people tend to think that it is an exclusive experience when it is all around them, nothing special at all.

I plan on using a napkin to wipe mustard off my face or clean up after my kids spills their drink all over the table. Emblem not necessary.
Right, like I said, I didn't get the feeling it was REALLY about napkins. Just more that "whats next to go?", you know? Mickey being printed on my napkin doesn't get the stuff of my face any better then a plain one, buuuuuut, it's just those little details all over Disney that people love and then they start disappearing : )

Goofyernmost

Right, like I said, I didn't get the feeling it was REALLY about napkins. Just more that "whats next to go?", you know? Mickey being printed on my napkin doesn't get the stuff of my face any better then a plain one, buuuuuut, it's just those little details all over Disney that people love and then they start disappearing : )

Understood, it just a personal priority and idea that this is just the start. It may well be, but it also might be just one item of little importance that would save a few bucks and cut down on the "unofficial" souvenir count.

Dad 2 M & M

I really enjoy the info/posts here...the negative comments are sometimes more beneficial than the positive. In some cases the comments/feedback helps us steer clear of thing we know would bother us, and bare minimum sets our expectations for when we are in the World.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I think this is my first post or second. Dont get me wrong I have my own dislikes about some of the things I see in the park. Just like everyone I pay good money to go there. But there is a difference between me and some of the people that post on here. I complain to the guest services department if I feel that I was treated unfairly or a CM was rude to me. I dont think taking the time to complain about the steam on the little choo choo train not working on EE is worth everyones time reading. Or a person smoking 5 ft outside the smoking area is even worth the time to get upset about. I am a smoker but I abide by the rules of the park even if I may not agree with them all of the time. Because lets face it designated smoking areas are hard to find some times and there are not a lot of them. But I make it a point to not smoke by litte children or crowded areas. Another example is someone posted having to look at some one eating a turkey leg. I mean are people that jaded about the park that they have to call a person eating a turkey leg disgusting. Its that guest money let them spend it. Some times when I get on here to read about new attractions I am excited about there is that one guy that says "Yeah I rode it !!! It sucked dude , Evertything new here sucks ". My answer to that is why did you spend your money and come to Disney World if all you are going to do is complain.

** If anyone has anything out there to add please share it **

I do not have a degree in English so dont crucify my spelling and grammar

My advice is to avoid the threads where you know it will all be nothing but WDW bashing. I enjoy some of the back and forth debates and I like hearing other people's opinions and ideas even when they are different than mine. However, I do think there are some on here who are just looking for something negative to say no matter what. They can always find the negative spin on any situation. If the thread is about how good the FLE is looking they feel the need to point out that mine train is not an E ticket or LM is just a lame clone of an average DCA ride. When Disney announces something new they mock them for making a big deal about nothing then on another thread rip TDO for never releasing any information. I do think the majority of critics on here do not fit that description and are just fans who have gotten a little annoyed with current management.

A good comparison is a sports fan. I am a big Eagles fan (American football for our friends across the pond). There are many die hard Eagles fans in Philly who are frustrated with the coach (Andy Reid) who has been around for 14 years and they want a change. If the Eagles lose a game you can count on a ton of criticism and anger towards the team and the coach. People probably are a lot more critical of him because of past history. This is coming from lots of people who have been fans for years. TDO management is the Andy Reid of WDW. People want them to either make big changes or get out. Fans don't want to stop watching football games and WDW fans don't want to stop going on vacation. Football fans may not want to switch which team they root for and WDW fans may not want to start going to other parks instead of WDW. At the end of the day these Eagles fans show up every Sunday and watch the games just like the disgruntled WDW fans still show up every year and vacation at WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom