News People mover now reopened!

Walt d

Remember when Bush took over the White House and rumor was Clinton's staff removed all the W's from the keyboards? Maybe Iger planted all sorts of pranks around the parks before leaving. :joyfull:
So go a head tell me, whats wrong with my baby come on now I can take it. Lets make her
Well again! Ok guys! You can do it!

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Disney has extended the Tomorrowland PeopleMover refurbishment through late November. According to the internal Disney World calendar, the Tomorrowland PeopleMover will be closed for refurbishment through at least November 21, 2020."

Prog

I thought I heard that a LIM caught on fire when I was there March 2019. Might’ve been, like, a Bus Driver Rumor though.
On-car audio would be welcome but I’m certainly not holding my breath. Also a better narration.
Really wish they didn’t seal off the SM queue. That was my favorite part of the ride. Honestly the obsession with making SM as dark as possible was severely detrimental to its quality imo.
Also, I don’t buy that it’s by any means hard to maintain because of its age. LIMs aren’t exactly advanced or obscure tech.

SteamboatJoe

1599673609820.png

DoleWhipDrea

every time they extend this I am more convinced its not coming back anytime soon or if ever for that matter, I know others have said otherwise but really starting to wonder. Tomorrowland is just a mess.

Trust me, it would be a bigger problem for them to try to get rid of it.

I’m bummed it keeps getting delayed, but I am glad it’s getting refurbed. It needs it. Especially since WDW seems to avoid actually refurbishing their attractions while it’s standard practice at DLR. That means that they don’t want to keep running the ride into the ground and want it to last. It’s a fan favorite, and the merchandise they’ve made in recent memory seems to indicate that they know that.

ToTBellHop

Trust me, it would be a bigger problem for them to try to get rid of it.

I’m bummed it keeps getting delayed, but I am glad it’s getting refurbed. It needs it. Especially since WDW seems to avoid actually refurbishing their attractions while it’s standard practice at DLR. That means that they don’t want to keep running the ride into the ground and want it to last. It’s a fan favorite, and the merchandise they’ve made in recent memory seems to indicate that they know that.
Ironically...
1600294596394.jpeg

DoleWhipDrea

Exactly. How long have those tracks sat empty and have fans complained about it? You’re literally greeted by an abandoned attraction at the entrance to DLR’s Tomorrowland. It’s more of a hassle for Disney to remove those tracks or build them from scratch...of course, they wouldn’t have to do that if they hadn’t dropped the ball so hard with Rocket Rods. They should have just maintained the Peoplemover.

Thankfully Paul Pressler is no longer making any calls for the parks.

The TTA got a rename for a very good reason.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom