News People mover now reopened!

Unbanshee

dreday3

Has anyone heard if People Mover is on chopping block or just closing for a refurbishment?

(feel free to move thread if wrong forum)

whiterhino42

We were there over February break and we, too, left with the impression that the MK was falling apart a bit.

Big Thunder Mountain was broken down from park opening through mid-afternoon (it might have opened later, but we were gone by then). We rode the Peoplemover, and found they were loading less than half of the ride vehicles: between the ongoing construction in Tomorrowland (refurbing the track supports) and the dirty, beat-up appearance of the cars and the track, it looked like maintenance on the PeopleMover was all but abandoned. We did Carousel of Progress and got inexplicably "stuck" in the first scene for two go-rounds. I guess we were lucky that we were able to do Haunted Mansion that day, since it hadn't broken down yet, although when we came back a couple days later to finally squeeze in a ride on Big Thunder Mountain and revisit Pirates, we found that Pirates was now down.

I know it's typical for attractions to have some downtime, and maybe we just had a stretch of bad luck, but it did seem like MK was particularly hard-hit, especially given that we only spent a total of about 5 hours touring the MK and still encountered several attractions in need of maintenance, or inoperable.

whiterhino42

This is nothing new either. When we went last April the Haunted Mansion was down almost the entire week with issues. It makes me sad because that is one of the best rides ever built and it should be treasured.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom