News People mover now reopened!

EricsBiscuit

Then why plexiglass screens dividing switchbacks all over the place?

(The 15 minute rule is over a 24 hour period, not in a single moment)
Thanks for the clarification. I just think that if the speed ramps are the reason might as well close the park because people walk pretty close together anyways. It seems like a silly excuse for keeping such a popular attraction closed. What seems more likely is the lack of queue space.

TrojanUSC

Assuming they resolved the issue with vehicles spacing and colliding, I think the next issue that’s preventing reopening is the cost and logistics of operating it during a pandemic.

I don’t see Disney investing the money to put plexiglass shielding in the front and back of each car. It would require major costly modifications to the trains. So they’re going to likely have to load every other car.

As a result, this will increase the length of the line. I cannot fathom them using the tiny queue upstairs as there’s zero distancing in the small switchback. Since there’s now so little room upstairs without the queue, the speedramp up to the station will be stationary. You can tell that this was the intent all along based on the social distancing tape that’s lined up on the sides and not on the speedramp itself.

With an even smaller socially distanced “extended” queue downstairs, the line will be outside of its physical barriers sprawling into the land. Since there’s so many other attractions nearby, it will have to be carefully managed so it doesn’t intersect with Astro Orbiter or block the walkway to the Carousel of Progress. To do this, instead of just four Cast Members running the attraction, now you’re looking at an absolute minimum of five in the best case scenario to handle the line. Think Slinky Dog Dash’s queue congesting the walkway. God forbid the ride has to stop. All this for a non-“E-Ticket.”

So if I was someone in charge running the numbers, carefully weighing what impact it has on a guest being dissatisfied that it’s not operating with the decreased capacity and increased cost of running it - I’d probably not reopen it until the pandemic is over.

They are running RnRC, Slinky, Test Track and FoP with no dividers/spacing + full vehicles. It's unsafe but it is what it is.

corran horn

Thanks for the clarification. I just think that if the speed ramps are the reason might as well close the park because people walk pretty close together anyways. It seems like a silly excuse for keeping such a popular attraction closed. What seems more likely is the lack of queue space.

Just part of their park-wide effort to obliterate speed ramps. 🤣 (actually :()

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Even then, I still can't see how it takes 365 days to accomplish that.

Please. You can speculate and postulate all you want. There are multiple factors in play, as mentioned. There are likely complexities involved that only those directly involved/in-the-know are aware of. You sitting here and saying, “Well I don’t think this should have taken a year” like you’re some expert makes you one thing, because you are ASSuming things you know nothing about.

ToTBellHop

Okay, stop being so judgmental. Bob Chapek is working on this ALONE due to how tight things have gotten (dude eats RAMEN for lunch every day!). He had to start out with the following Professional Development Zoom Seminars:

1. How to Human 8 hr
2. Why Clapping Makes Us Happy 6 hr
3. How to Phillips Head 12 hr
4. How to Flat Head 14 hr
5. When it is Safe to Jog on Speedramps 9 hr
6. How to Sell Ride Collisions as Fancy Bumper Cars 17 hr
7. No, it is NOT Safe to Sell Merchandise on Moving Rides 12 hr
8. Dessert Parties CAN Occur on Slow-Moving Rides (and So Can You!) 16 hr

THEN he got to work.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Okay, stop being so judgmental. Bob Chapek is working on this ALONE due to how tight things have gotten (dude eats RAMEN for lunch every day!). He had to start out with the following Professional Development Zoom Seminars:

1. How to Human 8 hr
2. Why Clapping Makes Us Happy 6 hr
3. How to Phillips Head 12 hr
4. How to Flat Head 14 hr
5. When it is Safe to Jog on Speedramps 9 hr
6. How to Sell Ride Collisions as Fancy Bumper Cars 17 hr
7. No, it is NOT Safe to Sell Merchandise on Moving Rides 12 hr
8. Dessert Parties CAN Occur on Slow-Moving Rides (and So Can You!) 16 hr

THEN he got to work.

This is the greatest/funniest thing I’ve read in quite a while. 😁😂

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom