People Angry Over Disney Dinning Plan

dizzney

The food has deteriorated with the DDP,

Last year we used it as it was available to DVC members, and found that one of our favorite restaurants the ROse and Crown was simply terrible, we would never go there again, the selection on the menu was very limited and one felt you were being rushed out as they gave you very bland meals.

The childrens menu also has very few options on it, my 9 year old twins will eat anything and do not like being limited to amcaroni and cheese and pizza and the like.

I hope tht the changes in the plan bring back some of the menu choices we used to have.

We're leaving on the 13th and are simply using our DDE this time, I think we will get more value on that plan at this time.

2 days and counting, Boardwalk here we come!!!!!!!!!:sohappy:

aleckendyl

Account Suspended
This is why we only do counter service restaurants....
1. Easier
2. Cheaper
3. Faster..So you can get back to the FUN!!
Seriously though, The only place we usually eat at thats a "sit down" is Rain F. Cafe and The Hard Rock.
Those arent even "Disney" sit downs.
I will say this though...California Grill is GREAT!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
This is why we only do counter service restaurants....
1. Easier
2. Cheaper
3. Faster..So you can get back to the FUN!!
Seriously though, The only place we usually eat at thats a "sit down" is Rain F. Cafe and The Hard Rock.
Those arent even "Disney" sit downs.
I will say this though...California Grill is GREAT!
Sure CS is quicker and cheaper but you are missing so much great food and fun.

Disneycoog

the appetizers included for adults also if you purchase the deluxe plan, or if you go during free dining you can just upgrade to the deluxe plan. if you have 6 people in your party gratuity is automatically added, but if you have bad service it can be adjusted

How does that work at buffets like Chef Mickeys. Is gratuity added at these places also for tables of 6 or more? A 30 dollar tip for a buffett seems a bit high!

Senderella

How does that work at buffets like Chef Mickeys. Is gratuity added at these places also for tables of 6 or more? A 30 dollar tip for a buffett seems a bit high!

If you look at the Dining Plan "layout", it'll say

Table Service

For breakfast Juice, Entree, Non-alc beverage OR 1 full buffet
For lunch/dinner Entree, Dessert, non-alc beverage OR 1 full buffet.

The buffets just count. The grat is added for tables of 6 or more.

As far as the tip for a buffet seeming a bit high, I'm biased. I used to be a server for a variety of places. When you've got a table of 5/6 or more, your tables are usually pulled together to make one big table. That's less tables in your section available to be seated. Pretty much all restaurants (Disney and non) have auto grat for parties between 6-8 or more. I'm not going to start a "tip debate" so I'm going to :zipit: on my opinions :lol::lookaroun

Disneycoog

Table Service

As far as the tip for a buffet seeming a bit high, I'm biased. I used to be a server for a variety of places. When you've got a table of 5/6 or more, your tables are usually pulled together to make one big table. That's less tables in your section available to be seated. Pretty much all restaurants (Disney and non) have auto grat for parties between 6-8 or more. I'm not going to start a "tip debate" so I'm going to :zipit: on my opinions :lol::lookaroun

Well IMHO Buffetts are different from sit and dine. Your server fills your drink order and that is it. Now if the characters get some of that tip then it is a different story and I can understand more.

Senderella

Well IMHO Buffetts are different from sit and dine. Your server fills your drink order and that is it. Now if the characters get some of that tip then it is a different story and I can understand more.

:shrug: Nature of the beast lol. Believe me, your thoughts are shared far & wide. :)

herc

Disney Dining Plan

The newly revised DDP only helps Disney's bottom line right now. Before, it was more of a great "service" offered to guests. Only the smart guests really knew how to take advantage of how to get the most out of each meal. Buffets don't work on the plan, you definitely lose money. We've used it twice so far and loved it. With DVC, you pay in advance and you are set. Tip included.
Now you have to remember to pay for the tip. Not that it's a big hassle, but it was nice not worrying about pulling out extra cash (unless the server was absolutely fabulous). Pulling out the appetizer and not including tip, but only reducing the price by a dollar or two is ridiculous. Don't they make enough money on you during the day?
I may just have to go back to using only the Disney Dining Experience card. At least I knew what I was saving at sitdown restaurants. Maybe we won't gain so much weight not having all those meals. LOL
As for the comment about just eating at counter service to get back to the action, we find that a sitdown meal at Disney "is" part of the action.
Too bad that Disney couldn't leave it alone. Mark my words, Magical Express won't be so magical when they start charging. Don't think it will stay free, oh excuse me, complimentary forever.

tomm4004

I'm not sure if I posted this before, but my theory on the DDP is this:

When EPCOT opened WDW only had a couple resorts. The WS restaurants were seen as a real addition to the scant gourmet dining possibilities at the hotels. Now, 25 years later, there are many upscale resorts on property and thus many upscale eateries. Disney wants to fill those places. So, they stuff the theme park restaurants with DDP users and force (?) the people who want a nice dining experience to the more expensive (and Disney owned) restaurants in the hotels, where, by the way, DDP users must use two credits. So Disney fills the theme park and hotel eateries. Clever. So if you want really good dining, you go to the resorts, or the Bistro or Brown Derby.

Disneykidder

I have to say that we used the dining plan for the first time this past summer and loved it. We were always full, didn't have to worry about paying and tip was included. We have never experienced rude servers, either. Now, people who complained about this took away the tip being included, great going. That was conveinient and made the value even more worth it.

Instead of taking away the appetizer, I like the suggestions of having a choice between dessert and appetizer. I'd rather have an appetizer, not dessert. In fact, we ended up not taking the dessert on some of our meals from being too full.

But to repeat myself, I never had any problems with servers. I am always bubbly and nice and got the same treatment in return.:)

tomm4004

Instead of taking away the appetizer, I like the suggestions of having a choice between dessert and appetizer. I'd rather have an appetizer, not dessert. In fact, we ended up not taking the dessert on some of our meals from being too full.

Appetizers tend to cost more. Also, desserts are made and have to be moved by the end of the day. Forcing them on DDP users solves this problem. If they didn't include dessert and people chose not to buy them, then the restaurants would be tossing a lot of cakes and such in the garbage at the end of the night - or wherever uneaten desserts end up.

kimmychad

Table Service

i can understand how you feel about tipping since you were a server, so i'll forgive you :), but whether they pull the tables together or not, isnt it the same amount of people? they can pull 2 four seater tables together and seat 8 people, seems like the same thing as having them apart.

kimmychad

a 30 dollar tip for 6 people at a buffet for 6 people would be high, but at chef mickeys dinner for 6 people the tip will cost you 32.40, unless you talk to the manager.

kimmychad

its definitely worth it for some, but I dont think you can say its the no brainier it used to be.

i wanted to pay for the dining plan this time but we decided against it, due to the fact that i waited too long and could only get buffets, plus we had the extra day ticket we didnt need. but i can say it is a no brainer to upgrade to the deluxe plan if your getting the regular one for free, like i am in sept

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
absolutely annoying. theres a guy at my work that makes the most awful sounds when he's eating candy

i can understand how you feel about tipping since you were a server, so i'll forgive you :), but whether they pull the tables together or not, isnt it the same amount of people? they can pull 2 four seater tables together and seat 8 people, seems like the same thing as having them apart.

a 30 dollar tip for 6 people at a buffet for 6 people would be high, but at chef mickeys dinner for 6 people the tip will cost you 32.40, unless you talk to the manager.

i wanted to pay for the dining plan this time but we decided against it, due to the fact that i waited too long and could only get buffets, plus we had the extra day ticket we didnt need. but i can say it is a no brainer to upgrade to the deluxe plan if your getting the regular one for free, like i am in sept

neither did i, a lot of the cm's we encountered gave us things that werent really a snack

definitely yoda, corral reef is beautiful

The multi quote button
multiquote_off.gif
multiquote_on.gif
is your friend. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom