People Angry Over Disney Dinning Plan

tomm4004

ADRs will depend on number in party, day, time of day and other factors. I remember a couple of years ago staying at the WL and deciding to go to Le Cellier. It was 2pm. We checked and got a 6pm for 3 people. We foolishly underestimated the time to get there (we were around the pool) and showed up about 6:30. No problem. We were seated 20 minutes later. That was in March. I think if you try you can always get in somewhere.

Disneykidder

If you are persistent, you can always get in through a cancellation. When we went in August 07' we had reservations somewhere and cancelled that morning because our plans for the day changed. We were able to get another right then and there (for 1900 Park Fare, too). There are the places that book in a flash (Chef Mickeys, Le Celier) but sometimes you can get in. Right now I have a ADR fro 8/27 at Le Celier for 8:25...kind of late so I will keep trying for an earlier one. Same situation for Chef Mickeys...have an earlier time than I hoped for. All in all I don't think the policy is all that bad. Surte you have to really be planned, but soemtimes that is fun! :)

ToTBellHop

I am not sure what you asking. Judging from your post count I imagine you know what it is so I am assuming that you are questioning the fact that I got ADR's there on short notice. If that is the question We did get ADR's there last may on two day's notice at around 5-ish if I remember correctly. I will admit that perhaps we got lucky but my only point was that it is not necessarily impossible to get ADR's on short notice depending on when you go. :wave:
you are certainly lucky--it's typically very difficult to get in there. We always book months in advance. Cool for you though.

And yes, I know what Le Cellier is. Sorry for the ambiguity--it was mostly out of shock.

fyn

you are certainly lucky--it's typically very difficult to get in there. We always book months in advance. Cool for you though.

And yes, I know what Le Cellier is. Sorry for the ambiguity--it was mostly out of shock.

We almost never make ADRs, and typically what I do is decide that morning where we want to eat, and call WDW-DINE every 30 minutes throughout the day. I'd say we typically have an 80% success rate with this method (Note that this is across all restaurants, not just Le Cellier).

ToTBellHop

We almost never make ADRs, and typically what I do is decide that morning where we want to eat, and call WDW-DINE every 30 minutes throughout the day. I'd say we typically have an 80% success rate with this method (Note that this is across all restaurants, not just Le Cellier).
I guess my question then would be: is it worth keeping your flexibility in exchange for having to call WDW-DINE every 30 minutes when you are on vacation? It would seem you think so, but I'm just not sure how "on vacation" one is when dealing with ADRs all day. Flexibility is nice, but rides are nicer...to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom