Pecos Bill Cafe closing for short refurbishment to launch new menu

AEfx

Yup, there's a reason McDonald's, Burger King, et al are huge chains. Heck, I recall much wailing and rending of clothes online when the burgers disappeared from Pecos Bill's menu, so we theme park aficionados are not immune to the allure of the mass produced beef patty.

LOL - that's just it - if you look back here, very few folks dared speak such heresy - everyone who isn't a filthy low-level tourist surely would prefer the more...refined and dignified taste of a...burrito or rice bowl. LOL. ;)

Hairypirateleg

As a long-time patron of Pecos Bill, I still mourn the loss of both the taco salad and the grilled chicken wrap of yesteryear. However, the new offerings were surprisingly good and filling. My wife and I split a chicken rice bowl and a kid's quesadilla. We asked for two bowls, split the ample servings--and loaded up at the fixings bar. Sadly, it appears Disney has replaced the rice bowls with a burger--at least during holiday season. If the rice bowls are brought back, they do provide for a pretty decent alternative the the ho-hum theme park fare.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
As a long-time patron of Pecos Bill, I still mourn the loss of both the taco salad and the grilled chicken wrap of yesteryear. However, the new offerings were surprisingly good and filling. My wife and I split a chicken rice bowl and a kid's quesadilla. We asked for two bowls, split the ample servings--and loaded up at the fixings bar. Sadly, it appears Disney has replaced the rice bowls with a burger--at least during holiday season. If the rice bowls are brought back, they do provide for a pretty decent alternative the the ho-hum theme park fare.
Great user name! Now you just need a corresponding avatar.

righttrack

Rest assured Pecos Bill was slammed Saturday just like every other Saturday before the menu change. :D

Location, location, location. They could serve earthworm salad and people would still show up. I do like the Tex/Mex sort of theme, goes with the territory well. They should do these things up based on what land they are in. Get something futuristic looking for Cosmic Rays for example. Maybe make sushi out of everything there so it's all uniform looking. I just think they should be creative and continue to know their customers. I meet people in WDW who are first trying some new things. They come from places where they don't serve a lot of the things WDW has, and they enjoy it.

flyerjab

Of course…the only item I tried on the new menu has been removed…the rice bowl. I LOVED the rice bowl. Curse you bland pallet of the average, everyday boring tourist!!!

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Location, location, location. They could serve earthworm salad and people would still show up. I do like the Tex/Mex sort of theme, goes with the territory well. They should do these things up based on what land they are in. Get something futuristic looking for Cosmic Rays for example. Maybe make sushi out of everything there so it's all uniform looking. I just think they should be creative and continue to know their customers. I meet people in WDW who are first trying some new things. They come from places where they don't serve a lot of the things WDW has, and they enjoy it.
CosmicRay.jpg

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Unless they realize their sales were getting low and the Tortuga tavern hardly opens. It made the western half of the park Burger-less...Hopefully it returns back to it's former self...

As stated, there was a burger that was added around the holidays from what I understand. I saw it on the menu when I was there on March 1st. On that day, the place was jam packed. And I saw more fajitas and burritos being ordered than burgers

jaklgreen

I liked the new menu. Got food from there twice on my last trip. We never ate there before because we hate the nasty Disney burgers. Plus there is already a location where you can get burgers. It is a nice change. I am kind of surprised how many posters are saying they prefer burgers to the new menu. We prefer pretty much anything else to burgers.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I liked the new menu. Got food from there twice on my last trip. We never ate there before because we hate the nasty Disney burgers. Plus there is already a location where you can get burgers. It is a nice change. I am kind of surprised how many posters are saying they prefer burgers to the new menu. We prefer pretty much anything else to burgers.

I think it's not so much that people prefer burgers to the new menu, it's that on the off chance you want one at Disney you need to head for the insanely crowded Cosmic Ray's. I think the new menu items are a great idea especially the rice bowls as I rather like rice bowl dishes in general.

alissafalco

I think it's not so much that people prefer burgers to the new menu, it's that on the off chance you want one at Disney you need to head for the insanely crowded Cosmic Ray's. I think the new menu items are a great idea especially the rice bowls as I rather like rice bowl dishes in general.
I agree, while I do like the new additions, I still think they should have just kept a couple of the originals like the burger & chili cheese fries.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom