Pecos Bill Cafe closing for short refurbishment to launch new menu

BigThunderMatt

I admit, I was surprised too. Chipotle even charges for guacamole...

For the amount of money Disney makes daily they better not be charging me extra for some mashed up avocados and spices.

That being said, I had the pleasure of eating at Pecos two weeks ago with the new menu and I was very impressed. It really does speak to the fact that they are trying as much as possible to diversify and flesh out the quick service options at the parks to make up for the utter lack of day-of walk-ins at table service locations.

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
Well I was there Saturday and everything was slammed including attractions so I don't know if that is a good way to rate it
Every day is seemingly slammed... but the point was someone earlier said people were turning away from the restaurant in droves (and this was during a busy time as well.)

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
but the point was someone earlier said people were turning away from the restaurant in droves (and this was during a busy time as well.)
I can second that. We just returned from a trip and we visited MK several days and the park was packed but not once did I see Pecos Bill anywhere near crowded, let alone the CM's that used stand at the door directing people due to overcrowding. I miss walking by there and smelling the aroma that used to waft out.

disney4life2008

I can second that. We just returned from a trip and we visited MK several days and the park was packed but not once did I see Pecos Bill anywhere near crowded, let alone the CM's that used stand at the door directing people due to overcrowding. I miss walking by there and smelling the aroma that used to waft out.

It is odd now. There is actually no smell from Pecos Bills. With the former menu, I could have just ate at Caseys an hour before but the shear smell of grilled onions would pull in for more food lol

AEfx

Every day is seemingly slammed... but the point was someone earlier said people were turning away from the restaurant in droves (and this was during a busy time as well.)

Which is how Pecos Bills has been for many years, old menu or new.

Cmdr_Crimson

Only thing I want to get there now is The Country Bears Little Brown Jug.....
country-bear-jamboree-jug-pecos-bills-featured.jpg

COProgressFan

I think that's hit or miss. Last Wednesday they absolutely had CM's directing the crowd and guiding guests toward seating. They helped our party find a table. I will say at lunchtime it was busy, but not as mobbed as I've seen it.

Ransom

I think it is for the peak period only.

I imagine you're right. Still, I thought it was interesting that they replaced the rice bowls with the burger. I guess they can only fit so many things on the menu. At least we know what their least popular entree was.

AEfx

I imagine you're right. Still, I thought it was interesting that they replaced the rice bowls with the burger. I guess they can only fit so many things on the menu. At least we know what their least popular entree was.

And also know that while Disney fans who are into the parks enough to come to message boards may post about wanting all sorts of things, but in the end there is a reason that so many places serve the same things = because that's what people really want.

Ransom

And also know that while Disney fans who are into the parks enough to come to message boards may post about wanting all sorts of things, but in the end there is a reason that so many places serve the same things = because that's what people really want.

Yup, there's a reason McDonald's, Burger King, et al are huge chains. Heck, I recall much wailing and rending of clothes online when the burgers disappeared from Pecos Bill's menu, so we theme park aficionados are not immune to the allure of the mass produced beef patty.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom