PBS Special Featuring Disney Music from Magic Kingdom

disneymoc

Original Poster
As many of you know, I work as the PR manager for the local PBS station. I learned a bit of news today that made my day. PBS stations will be showing a new special in December featuring Jim Brickman playing some of the classic Disney songs with a few surprise guests. :) The concert is taped in front of Cinderella's Castle in the Magic Kingdom. It is to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Disney theme parks. Jim's new CD, The Disney Soungbook, will go on sale the first week of October. The best part is Jim is touring almost the entire country to promote the album and your PBS station may have tickets available. It a good bet he is within a couple of hours drive from your hometown. He will be in Chattanooga three days before Christmas so it will be a great Disney/Christmas show that will be a hit.

I'm happy to see PBS was able to pick up a great special like this. I hope everyone gets a chance to watch.

disneymoc

Original Poster
SGT623 said:
Awsome news! I had not heard a thing about this before. Thanks for the info!

I'm happy someone shares my excitement. To be honest, I am kind of surprised PBS is showing a program featuring Disney music, but Jim Brickman has been a loyal supporter of PBS over the years and his music is beautiful.

There is info on the album at his Web site, www.jimbrickman.com. More info on the special as I receive it.

disneymoc

Original Poster

Taped live at the Magic Kingdom at the Walt Disney World Resort, this special presents some of the greatest Disney musical moments of all time with the help of some very talented guests, and the magic that only Disney can create. The program features Jim Brickman, whose distinctive piano virtuosity has personified pure romance for audiences of all ages,with very special guests including music superstar Michael Bolton, Emmy-winning TV star, comedian and singer, Wayne Brady, the voice of Broadway, Linda Eder, country star, Lila McCann, Anne Cochran and Tracy Silverman, plus some of your favorite Disney characters.

Walt Disney understood that music is a key element to every entertainment experience –Theme Park attractions, movies and cartoons– and music was always at the heart of it. He once said “I cannot think of the pictorial story without thinking about the complementary music that will fulfill it.” To celebrate Disney’s legacy, Jim Brickman taped the program with a group of Disney’s most memorable songs.

Tentative songs list:
Beauty and the Beast
Mary Poppins Medley
Zip–A– Dee–Doo-Dah
Bare Necessities
Beautiful
Can You Feel the Love Tonight
I’m Amazed
When I See an Elephant Fly <O:p></O:p>

Baby Mine Hear Me <O:p></O:p>

Til The End of Forever
If You Believe <O:p></O:p>

Peace <O:p></O:p>

Someday My Prince Will Come
Reflection
Cruella DeVil
When You Wish Upon A Star
A Dream Is A Wish <O:p></O:p>

dandaman

Cool! I was there for the taping! (see TR) I saw Wayne Brady singing "Bare Necessities", and then we got ushered out of the park (it was midnight at EMH :lol: ).

My wife and I were in the Magic Kingdom when this was taped in August and got to see Jim Brickman and one of his guests, Michael Bolton, warm up.

It was a beautiful night so this should be a fun show to watch.

dandaman

Cool! I was there for the taping! (see TR) I saw Wayne Brady playing "Bare Necessities", and then we got ushered out of the park (it was midnight at EMH :lol: ).

Connor002

dandaman said:
Cool! I was there for the taping! (see TR) I saw Wayne Brady singing "Bare Necessities", and then we got ushered out of the park (it was midnight at EMH :lol: ).

Wow I actually remember that in that monster of a trip report...
I think you said something about Canidian Rednecks... :lookaroun

When will this special air?

Connor002

You know what's scary...

I just read through the list of songs again and realized I know the words for most of them... :lookaroun

disneymoc

Original Poster
FrumiousBoojum said:
Beautiful
I’m Amazed
Hear Me
Til The End of Forever
If You Believe
Peace

Ok... the above songs. They don't sound familiar.... help?

Some of the songs, like I'm Amazed, are music inspired by Disney. I know some of the special guests will be singing them.

swimmom

Awesome! I should put the CD on my Christmas list, but I don't know if I can wait until Christmas to listen to it.

tigsmom

disneymoc said:
As many of you know, I work as the PR manager for the local PBS station. I learned a bit of news today that made my day. PBS stations will be showing a new special in December featuring Jim Brickman playing some of the classic Disney songs with a few surprise guests. :) The concert is taped in front of Cinderella's Castle in the Magic Kingdom. It is to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Disney theme parks. Jim's new CD, The Disney Soungbook, will go on sale the first week of October. The best part is Jim is touring almost the entire country to promote the album and your PBS station may have tickets available. It a good bet he is within a couple of hours drive from your hometown. He will be in Chattanooga three days before Christmas so it will be a great Disney/Christmas show that will be a hit.

I'm happy to see PBS was able to pick up a great special like this. I hope everyone gets a chance to watch.

I was at the MK the night they taped the special! :sohappy: I didn't make it into the audience because I didn't want to give up spending the evening with my family, but we got to hang around some and listen to them play & sing! :D
Anne Cochrane & Michael Bolton! I'm hoping his holiday tour comes closeby because his show is truly a wonderful experience! If you haven't been to one of his shows try to make one on this tour.

tigsmom

FrumiousBoojum said:
Beautiful
I’m Amazed
Hear Me
Til The End of Forever
If You Believe
Peace

Ok... the above songs. They don't sound familiar.... help?

Peace is an absolutely beautiful song written by Jim and is the title track to his last album...

PEACE (Where the Heart Is)

On a city street somewhere,
Someone shoots a gun
In the midnight air.
And I don't know why.
Somebody lives, somebody dies;
Somebody wrongs and a mother cries.
And I don't know why.

Some things we'll never understand;
Other things you change if you can.

Chorus:
Peace, you'll find it where the heart is,
And the heart is right where love lives,
And love can always find a way.
Hope is something that reminds us,
It's not too late to find us.
One day we may be in peace.

Haven't spoken in thirty years
After angry words and bitter tears.
And I don't know why.
Best of brothers and best of friends;
One mistake and their story ends.
And I don't know why.

Some things we'll never understand;
Other things you change if you can.

Chorus

It's all about forgiveness;
With God as my witness
I wanna live to see peace.

Chorus

shyviolet

How do I search for this program on the PBS website? Is the concert part of a series, like Great Performances or anything like that?

Thanks!
Violet

Cruiser237

i tried playing the Disney songs off of the cd on Jim Brickman's website but they wouldn't upload correctly in my media player...anyone else having a problem playing the songs off the website?

tigsmom

shyviolet said:
How do I search for this program on the PBS website? Is the concert part of a series, like Great Performances or anything like that?

Thanks!
Violet

You will have to look at your local PBS network's site. Mine doesn't have any info up yet. (WNET in NY/NJ)

tigsmom

Cruiser237 said:
i tried playing the Disney songs off of the cd on Jim Brickman's website but they wouldn't upload correctly in my media player...anyone else having a problem playing the songs off the website?

Played fine thru Media Player for me. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom