PBS Special Featuring Disney Music from Magic Kingdom

WishIwasThere

Going to the Magic Kingdom with the family, first time for the kids, (3 and 5), staying at the WL Dec 10th - 12th, coming home to catch the Jim Brickman concert in Waterbury, CT on the 14th. What a great way to come down from a weekend in Disney.

79 more days and counting....:sohappy:

My girlfriend and her mom went to the taping they got two free disney tickets for being part of the crowd for the taping and then she got to meet Wayne Brady and get a picture with him and her mom and its funny cus she 5 foot tall and her moms like 5 foot one or two and hes like 6 foot tall and hugh in the photos so when she showed me i had to laugh really hard but she enjoyed it and they started the taping of the special on a wednesday night at 830 and didnt finish till 2-3am that night and then they taped a second night on thursday night and i was going to go to it but NO I HAD MY FIRST WEEK OF FALL SEMESTER THAT WEEK GRRR so i didnt get to see it but im curious to see this special.

disneymoc

Original Poster
I just received a letter from Walt Disney Records talking about the special. You can view a sneak peak of the special at www.disneyrecords.com/jimbrickman.

For those of you who will want to purchase the DVD of the concert with 30 minutes of extra performance footage not found in the special -- PBS will have exclusive rights to the DVD until Feb. 2006.

More info as I see it.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
disneymoc said:
It is possible, but considering it is a PBS pledge special, I would lean more toward no.

Oh,... its going to be attached to a beg-a-thon? :veryconfu

That explains it.

Oh, and from the 'learning something new everyday' column... I did not know that Chattanooga, TN. had a PBS station.

disneymoc

Original Poster
DMC-12 said:
Oh,... its going to be attached to a beg-a-thon? :veryconfu

That explains it.

Oh, and from the 'learning something new everyday' column... I did not know that Chattanooga, TN. had a PBS station.

I was wondering when this was going to come up. Keep in mind that even though this may be part of your local PBS station's pledge drive. You by no means have to pledge. If you enjoy the program, great. Don't feel like you have to give money. This is a way for your local public television station to raise funds to bring programs like this Jim Brickman concert to you.

And yes Chattanooga does have a PBS station like most markets across the country. :)

Lauriebar

DMC-12 said:

Whoo dogies!!! We been havin' that talkin' box down in these parts for near on twunty years now. Still not sure how them little people git in there...sneaky little varmits!!!

:rolleyes: :lol:

disneymoc

Original Poster
Lauriebar said:
Whoo dogies!!! We been havin' that talkin' box down in these parts for near on twunty years now. Still not sure how them little people git in there...sneaky little varmits!!!

:rolleyes: :lol:

:lol: It just makes you want to run your head into a wall sometimes. Doesn't it? :brick:

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
disneymoc said:
:lol: It just makes you want to run your head into a wall sometimes. Doesn't it? :brick:

A) it was a joke.... :wave:

&

B) yes.. I do give to the beg-a-thons once in awhile. :wave: But most likely I will not anymore. Since WTTW just caved and picked up the contract to broadcast those awful WNBA games. :hurl: :hurl: :hurl: :brick:

DrDisney

Magic Maker said:
I am a blonde so it would be most helpful if you could post a reminder when the viewing of the show comes closer :)

I'm not blonde, just old, so a reminder would help...........

disneymoc

Original Poster
DMC-12 said:
A) it was a joke.... :wave:

&

B) yes.. I do give to the beg-a-thons once in awhile. :wave: But most likely I will not anymore. Since WTTW just caved and picked up the contract to broadcast those awful WNBA games. :hurl: :hurl: :hurl: :brick:

You have got to be kidding me. I am so disappointed WTTW would carry a commercial sport. If it was a local college or high school, that is different. But to carry a professional sports team on PBS air waves is sacreligious to me. :mad:

Anyway, the Jim Brickman show will be a good one. :)

Simba1

having trouble with your media player?

When I purchased Jim's "Grace" cd, I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't play in iTunes. "Grace" is an enhanced cd and to help keep it from easily being burned, you have to open up the cd and choose the option, rip songs to computer. Note: They will only open in Windows Media Player. In order to be able to play them in iTunes or another media player, you need to burn a cd from the files that play in Windows Media Player and then import them to iTunes or what have you. It's a convoluted process, but well worth it if all of your music is in a different music player.

(If this doesn't make sense, PM me and I'll help you out!)

disneymoc

Original Poster
warlord said:
Hey how about that Red Green Show??? is it ever on anymore??

It is not currently on the WTCI schedule. The show has become too expensive for WTCI to carry on a regular basis.

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
disneymoc said:
It is not currently on the WTCI schedule. The show has become too expensive for WTCI to carry on a regular basis.
SO SAD!!!! NOOOOO it was a good show. How much do I need to give to get it back on??

disney4me4ever

Simba1 said:
When I purchased Jim's "Grace" cd, I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't play in iTunes. "Grace" is an enhanced cd and to help keep it from easily being burned, you have to open up the cd and choose the option, rip songs to computer.

Do you think the new Disney cd will be this way also? I was planning on ordering the cd today, and will want to put the songs on my ipod. Thanks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom