Passholders get 10% off all Merchandise Locations*

devoy1701

Original Poster
Hi all, just wanted to mention that I received an email from Disney Destinations that says now through May 3rd Passholders Receive 10% off all merchandise locations throughout the resort excluding any locations not owned/operated by WDW! Hope this helps some of you out and happy shopping!

Here's the fine print:
*Offer is valid only at select Walt Disney World Resort stores. The Passholder discount is not accepted at Walt Disney World Resort Operating Participant locations, including, but not limited to, China, Japan and Morocco Pavilions at World Showcase in Epcot®, Arribas Brothers, Basin®, Basin White, Cirque du Soleil®, Curl™ by Sammy Duvall, Ghirardelli®, House of Blues®, Hoypoloi, LEGO Imagination Center®, Magic Masters, Magnetron, Niki Bryan Spas, Orlando Harley-Davidson® Store, Planet Hollywood®, Rainforest Café®, Richard Petty Driving Experience, Rubio Balloon Arts, SD Watersports, Sosa Family Cigars, Starabillias, Sunglass Icon®, Surrey Bike Rental, T-Rex™ Café Shop, Wyland Galleries, The Disney Store, Disney's Character Premiere, Disney's Character Warehouse and any other locations or kiosks that are not owned and operated by the owners of Walt Disney World Resort. Discount is not valid on purchases of ticket media, gift certificates, Disney Gift Cards, videos, DVDs and CDs, Disney Dollars, sundries, periodicals, digital and video cameras, disposable cameras, film, consumer electronics (e.g., CD players, TVs, DVD players), tobacco, alcohol, in-Park balloon vendors, Add-a-Dollar (Wildlife Conservation Fund), postage stamps, rentals (e.g., strollers, ECV), all Titleist® and Cobra® golf equipment, national brand fragrances, treatments and cosmetics, personalization, imaging and Disney's PhotoPass® products, Lladro, Armani, Hummel, Swarovski® Crystal, Walt Disney Classics Collection, other collectibles and select merchandise. May not be combined with any other discount, offer or promotion. Not valid on previous purchases.

doombuggie

yup...we got 20% off all our merch purchases on our Floriday weekday annual...all the discounts almost pay for the pass!!

everytime we purchased multiple items it worked as if we got an item for free!! e.g. T-shirt at Mickeys Sports store DTD fot 10 bucks off...ESPN mug was basically free

devoy1701

Original Poster
They should just leave it as a permanent perk... just dont talk about it often and many APs wont know it exists... lol

well that's why I posted this. If it wasn't for some people on here like MissyM I wouldn't have known about the 20% off discount they were running at the beginning of the year! WDW doesn't advertise these discounts often so I wouldn't be surprised if many AP holders make purchases that would have been eligible for the discount!

Anyway. I wrote an email to guest relations last week comparing how well Disneyland treats their passholders in terms of discounts versus how WDW keeps taking away our discounts. I got an email back within 3 days saying that they do take my feedback very seriously, thanked me for being a passholder for the past 4 years, and said they would very much like me to continue being a passholder and that they will use feedback like mine to continue tweaking the passholder program. Sounded like alot of fluff but who knows...maybe some other passholders have been complaining as well!

Anyway, it never hurts to ask for the 20% discount either! I had a CM ring up something at the F&G fest 2 weeks ago and instead of asking about the AP discount I asked if they were still offering 20% off, I showed my pass and he applied the 20% anyway...

joshwill

this applies to the stores at the resorts and at the theme parks?
is there a minimum purchase?

and im sure the answer is no, but, i am a seasonal passholder, disney visa credit card and debit card holder. can you get multiple discount? :)

Amused to Death

this applies to the stores at the resorts and at the theme parks?
Yes. Regular Passholders get 10% off and Premium Passholders get 20% off at all Walt Disney World Resort shopping locations (except for those operated by outside companies). By the way, the Passholder discount has now been extended until September 30, 2010.

is there a minimum purchase?
No.

can you get multiple discount? :)
Only from a cast member who has not been adequately trained. There are lots of 'em around, though, so don't give up hope. ;)

we got 20% off all our merch purchases on our Florida weekday annual
This would be an example of inadequate training. 20% off is only for Premium Passholders. Or are you referring to purchases that were made during the holidays?

MissM

By the way, the Passholder discount has now been extended until September 30, 2010.
Yup, it's on the Passholder website now:

Passholders get 10% off select merchandise at Walt Disney Resort stores now through September 30, 2010.

With this Passholder discount, it's a great time to shop for something special. And if you're a Premium Passholder, you can save 20% on select merchandise at Walt Disney Resort stores while this offer lasts.

Visit today–don't delay!

[SIZE=-3]Offer is valid only at the Walt Disney World® Resort, offer is valid only at select Walt Disney World Resort stores. The Passholder discount is not accepted at Walt Disney World Resort Operating Participant locations, including but not limited to, China, Japan, and Morocco pavilions at World Showcase in Epcot®, Arribas Brothers®, Basin®, Basin White, Cirque du Soleil®, Curl by Sammy Duval, Ghiradelli®, House of Blues®, Hoypoloi, LEGO Imagination Center®, Magic Masters, Magnetron, Niki Bryan Spas, Orlando Harley Davidson® Store, Planet Hollywood®, Rainforest Cafe®, Richard Petty Driving Experience, Rubio Balloon Arts, SD Watersports, Sosa Cigar, Starabillias, Sunglass Icon®, Surrey Bike Rental, T-Rex Café Shop, Wyland Galleries, The Disney Store, Disney's Character Premiere, Disney's Character Warehouse and any other locations or kiosks that are not owned and operated by the owners of the Walt Disney World® Resort. Discount is not valid on purchases of ticket media, gift certificates, Disney gift cards, videos, DVDs and CDs, Disney Dollars, sundries, periodicals, digital and video cameras, disposable cameras, film, consumer electronics (e.g., CD players, TVs, DVD players), tobacco, alcohol, In-Park balloon vendors, Add-a-Dollar (Wildlife Conservation Fund), postage stamps, rentals (e.g. strollers, ECV, etc.), all Titleist® and Cobra® golf equipment, National brand fragrances, treatments and cosmetics, Personalization, Imaging and PhotoPass® products, Lladro, Armani, Hummel, Swarovski® Crystal, Walt Disney Classics Collection, other collectibles and select merchandise. May not be combined with any other discount, offer or promotion. Not valid on previous purchases. A valid Walt Disney World® Resort Passholder ID must be presented at time of purchase to receive discount. [/SIZE]​

joshwill

Yes. Regular Passholders get 10% off and Premium Passholders get 20% off at all Walt Disney World Resort shopping locations (except for those operated by outside companies). By the way, the Passholder discount has now been extended until September 30, 2010.

No.

Only from a cast member who has not been adequately trained. There are lots of 'em around, though, so don't give up hope. ;)

This would be an example of inadequate training. 20% off is only for Premium Passholders. Or are you referring to purchases that were made during the holidays?

thanks for the info.

i leave in 11 hours :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

NewfieFan

I'm glad they are continuing the discount! I really enjoyed the savings this past March (and even though it's only 10% it added up after a while). Sometimes CMs gave me 20% even after I pointed out it was a regular AP!

Susan Savia

I'm glad they are continuing the discount! I really enjoyed the savings this past March (and even though it's only 10% it added up after a while). Sometimes CMs gave me 20% even after I pointed out it was a regular AP!

Yes, we got 20% off during our February visit and it saved us a lot.

bgraham34

I agree that this should be a permanent perk. Or at least have it all year except for the peak times of year. Throw us a bigger bone.

Figment1986

I agree that this should be a permanent perk. Or at least have it all year except for the peak times of year. Throw us a bigger bone.

it feels like the way they keep extending it, it is almost one... Sure they can block it during like the July 4 weekend and between Christmas and new years if they wanted...

*keeps forgetting he gets 10% at all disney owned stores*

aladdin2007

In February, it was 20% to all Passholders. I think it changed over to 10% in March.

I have the weekday select pass and have to fight to get any discount at all, its always a fiasco cause they tell me no right out becuase its not an annual, or some have to get a manager, or once in awhile some do give it and its no problem. Guest Relations told me the weekday select pass does apply for the discount but having to get the run around every time is a bit annoying. Maybe guest relations will give me a sheet or something that confirms the weekday select is included?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom