Passholder Lounge Alert!!!!!! Everyone In Here!

JLW11Hi

Has anyone been in the AAA lounge at MK? Are the AP lounges sorta like it? I have been in the AAA lounge, and thought it was pretty cool. We didnt spend too much time there, but you can get free pop, sit and read a ton of Disney brochures, or watch a Disney movie for a bit. It didn't look like too many people go there, since we were the only ones there at the time, but still, I dont think Disney expects people to come too often. Most would be busy out in the parks, but I could see it being a good place for families with tired children to take a break, mabey a nap.

Geordi

Original Poster
Belle, we might have!

I know I've been in there a couple times and have been talking with other passholders about Disney in general, and someone I met there the first time told me about WDWMagic... Was that you?
I go to WDW often enough that the dates kinda run together, but I do know I was in WDW in May, as well as in early June. Went to the water parks both times, the ONLY way to beat the Fl heat! :D

The 2 most recent times I have been there have been close to closing time, so I have only had enough time to sit for a few and cool off, and there wasn't much of a crowd those times.

If we did meet, cool! :)

--Jim

wannabeBelle

I think so. If you were with your family then I think that was me!!! And yes I Absolutely did tell you about this site!!! I love it so much!!!and I am actually looking at your business card right now that you gave me when you were leaving. how's that for specific?? Belle

BigAL

Lounge

They do not plan to close the lounge until after the Food and Wine Festival. I received a post card yesterday about the fesitval that indicated to not forget about visiting the lounge during the event.

Geordi

Original Poster
Way to go Al!

BTW: When is the F&W festival anyway?

Belle: :D I remember exactly who you are now, you were there with some friends (family?) and that was the first time I had been to the lounge. Great suggestion on this site, this place is a great resource for WDW fan(atics). :D I have since told people about this board, as a great place to learn more about our favorite world.

The business card really reminded me, you were the only one I gave one to, that I can remember. Nice to know people actually save them! :lol:

--Jim

wannabeBelle

Geordi, Nice to know that I was right on my guess, although your profile really didnt help much. I put together the tone of speaking, the Star Trek thing, the name and took a shot in the dark!! I Am so glad you hooked onto the website. When I went in may I was there with all friends, Gloria, Karen and Richie. We had such an amazing trip, I didnt want to leave!!!! Did you ever get my E mail that I sent to the web address listed on your card?? It was so nice meeting you and your family. Very nice people are always a pleasure!! Belle

Geordi

Original Poster
Yea, I know the profile info isn't much help, but I'm actually quite amused that anyone actually reads that stuff. :)

I did get the email, did you not get the reply? I replied (I think) the same or next day, but I know I did send a reply.

It wasn't much, just a Hi, how are ya... kind of message. :cool:

Good guess on the Star Trek reference, I guess I'm a bit of a Trek nut, huh? :D I have been known online as Geordi since Next Generation was on TV during the original run, like 8 years now with the same handle. Most anyplace you see a "Geordi" posting, It's most likely me.... :cool:

I know what you mean by not wanting to leave... I live 3 hours away from WDW, and I never want to leave either! :D

--Jim

wannabeBelle

hhhhmmmm nope didnt get the message:veryconfu :veryconfu Although If I didnt know the address I may have deleted it. Its OK on the Star Trek thing. I am a bit of a Trek fan also. Picard is still the MAN though, but I prefer the female characters from DS Nine.
I am so looking foward to my next trip which is Oct 24-28th. The Wine and Food Festival is in EPCOT from like mid Oct thru Mid November. I Am hitting that and the Mickey's Not SoScary in the MK when I go. 36 more days!!!! Belle

Lilo

Talsonic, I read your link. What was this person thinking:confused: Not a very positive article. Let's tell Belle about it. I'm going to PM her now.

wannabeBelle

Anyone have any idea about this article?? I know I have never abused the lounges...just not a part of my nature I guess. And in answer to your question Talsonic, no, I dont pool hop at all. I stay at the resort I chose before I left NY!! Usually I dont have enough time to get into the pool where I Am staying anyhow!! And as I usually dont bother to rent a car, picture going thru all that trouble to get to the resort and then "break into "the pool?? Please....just the thought of that makes me tired!!
Any CMs from EPCOT care to check this out and get back to us??? Belle

Geordi

Original Poster
Pool hop? Maybe I'm not reading the same article, but I didn't see anything in there about pools at all. If you are staying on-property, you ARE allowed to use ANY WDW-owned hotel pool, except for the Yacht/Beach and the hotels in the "Magnificent 7" over by Downtown Disney. Those are not WDW owned, and Yacht/Beach is special for some reason. But I also have never "pool hopped" I just go to Typhoon or Blizzard.

Anywhoo, I haven't seen anyone bringing in a large cup to fill, but I personally have gotten a few refills of the small cup I start with. But I never leave with the cup, it's always finished and trashed when I leave.

But I'm not above bringing a moderately sized container (20 oz coke bottle) into the Ice Station Cool and getting 20 ounces of the Brazillian Guarana-based soda. That stuff is like espresso with extra caffiene! :D:D:D

Nobody in ISC has ever said anything about that, and I HAVE been watched by the CMs there. I only use the small cup, and pour it into the ONE bottle.

Gotta get that rocket fuel somewhere... :D

--Jim

wannabeBelle

At the risk of a thread drift, after speaking to various people I believe that you are NOT allowed to use the pools at any resort other than the one you are staying at. The only exceptions that I know of are DVC members who can use anything but Stormalong Bay, and sister resorts such as Port Orleans, Riverside and French Quarter.
Anyhow back to the thread, Jim did you read the article posted earlier?? Any thoughts?? We have to get someone who is going to EPCOT really soon to go over there and shake down a CM in the Lounge!!!

hellokitty1

just got home and got a message on my machine from some
one at disney stating the lounges will close on september 30,
but thanks for my lovely email.

oh well we tried.

Geordi

Original Poster
I might have reason to drive back to the Orlando area next week, an errand for another message board I'm on. If I do, I'll try to get into Epcot and shake down the GS office and the lounge people to get some answers. Maybe the newspaper article was designed to raise awareness and see if the calls / emails go up? Disney is not above pulling a stunt like that to increase traffic or spread word about stuff... Witness the response when they first announced that the Electrical Parade was shipping out in 6 months... 18 months later it finally left, but it WILL return eventually. They HAD planned on making a permanent change, but based on the response, I was told they changed it to a "rotating parade schedule" at each park, so they will keep moving them around every few years or so.

Can a CM (FantasiaBoi?) Confirm or deny this rumor? I have only heard it once.

If I can get up there before the end of the month, I WILL make my message heard in person! (politely, of course) :D
Maybe they aren't giving the proper weight to the fanbase out there... There are literally thousands of WDW passholders that don't know about this board and this thread, or the Orlando Sentinel article. I was one of those who didn't know about this place until you told me Belle, and I'm glad you did! :D

Hopefully there will still be a lounge when you get there in a month.

--Jim

wannabeBelle

That would be amazing if you can get out there!!!! Maybe we should put in appeal to RobFL Doenst he work in EPCOT?? Perhaps at the Energy Pavilion? I am so depressed about the lounge being closed!!! That would be so horrible!! :cry: :cry:
Belle

aim

I don't have enough time to go check out that sight. But I just wanted you guys to know (I may have already said it..) but, I got a call two nights ago from the people at the AP lounge. Or some one. They thanked me for taking time to e-mail them. But the lounge (Epcot) had to close. Just thought I'd pass that along! I hope they change their mind though!!

GrinningGhost

Re: Re: Re: Re: Passholder Lounge Alert!!!!!! Everyone In Here!

Originally posted by Lance

For your info, I have the seasonal pass with blockout days(christmas, spring break and summer) it was the $189 pass.....

How inconsistant of them - my wife has a the same $189 pass as you. We've been to the lounge at least 4 or 5 times, and they always check her pass each time.

Perhaps it was somebody new at the desk that day. By reading what she said, I guess she didn't know for sure whether to let you in or not.

:veryconfu

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom