Passholder Lounge Alert!!!!!! Everyone In Here!

Geordi

Original Poster
Ok, I was at Epcot's passholder lounge on Labor Day, and the person at the desk answered my question even before I had gotten out "I have a ques..." It seems that WDW has now reset the tenative end date of the lounges for Sept 30th. This would be at least the third time they have set an end date, the first I know of was back in Feb or March.

Whether or not you are a passholder, or have even seen the lounges (one in AK, I haven't seen that one) PLEASE email Guest Services and tell them you LIKE the lounges and they should keep them open! One email (or letter) is equivalent to 100 people's opinions, so if all of us email them... That would be an effective response of thousands.

For those who may not know, the lounges are for Annual or Seasonal passholders, (theres your incentive!) are air conditioned, roomy with lots of big comfy sofas and chairs, TVs, A play room for the kids that has consistently had at least one character in there PLAYING GAMES with the kids, and free sodas and coffee. These are a NICE place to kick back for a few minutes and regroup, and Disney needs to know we appreciate them!

Please contact GS before the end of the month. The contact info I got is:
wdw.guest.communications@disney.com

Snailmail: P.O. Box 10040 Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-0040

Please post if you have sent anything in here, to keep this thread at the top.

Thanks!
--Jim

aim

I've already sent an e-mail. But plan on sending a real letter with a picture of us from the Epcot Lounge. I've been to the Animal Kingdom Lounge. It's not as great as the Epcot one, but I'm not complaining, because at least they have it for us!! :) It's not air-conditioned, just fans.

ACE

I sent my email!:mad:

I told them that we (wife, 3 kids, and I) are comming in Jan 03 and I didn't want them cutting my AP benefits. I also mentioned that there are "other" parks in the area that are cheaper and I saw no reason to spend the money for WDW APs if they were gonna cut my benefits.

Hope it helps, but as much as I hate to say it, I think Disney cares more about the "bottom line" than they do about us.:cry:

:wave: ACE

Lance

Originally posted by Geordi

For those who may not know, the lounges are for Annual or Seasonal passholders, (theres your incentive!)

Are you sure Seasonal passholders(Florida residents with the pass that has blackout days on it, the $189 pass) can get in???

I'm guessing they can't....

Jedi Osborn

I sent an email and they responded looking for my phone number, but I haven't heard back.
I'm thinking I won't be able to see it by the time we get there in December.

GrinningGhost

Re: Re: Passholder Lounge Alert!!!!!! Everyone In Here!

Originally posted by Lance

Are you sure Seasonal passholders(Florida residents with the pass that has blackout days on it, the $189 pass) can get in???

I'm guessing they can't....

Yes, Seasonal passholders can get in too...

Geordi

Original Poster
I am a seasonal passholder, and I have seen the inside of the Epcot lounge. I still haven't found myself over in that area of AK yet. Yes Seasonals can get in.

The also responded to me lokoing for my phone number, looked like a form response tho. But I replied, we shall see if they call.

--Jim

Talsonic

Account Suspended
Originally posted by Geordi

For those who may not know, the lounges are for Annual or Seasonal passholders, (theres your incentive!) are air conditioned, roomy with lots of big comfy sofas and chairs, TVs, A play room for the kids that has consistently had at least one character in there PLAYING GAMES with the kids, and free sodas and coffee. These are a NICE place to kick back for a few minutes and regroup, and Disney needs to know we appreciate them!

I have been a AP holder for many years. These lounges do not appeal to me. I have been in several of the "corporate" lounges. They all remind me of a doctor's office waiting room. There are far better places to visit at WDW. Just my $0.02.

wannabeBelle

well for pure magic, sure. However as a nice relaxing place to take a moment or two in the parks, I think the lounge in EPCOT cant be beat. I like the lounge and the treatment I get there. Lets not discuss the "Bug lounge" in the Animal Kingdom. What could they possibly have been thinking?? Belle

kwt10

I agree with wannabeBelle. I don't think that the lounges were set up to be MAGICAL places. They were set up to be good places to go out of the heat and hustle of the normal Disney day. I personally enjoyed having them and wish they would stay open. We took a nice break and had some fun, as a family in both lounges.

wannabeBelle

hey there everyone...Disney wrote me back the other day saying something about thank you for you e mail and someone from the office will be contacting me. Anyone else heard anything or got to speak to a real live person? Belle

HMGhost13

this sucks, i'm getting an AP the day i get down there (oct. 6) and my parents are already AP i think they've done the lounges once before.

Geordi

Original Poster
Well go and see if the lounges are still open, if they are, that would be the 4th time (at least) that they have decided to continue the program.

But if you haven't sent yet, please email them.

I also got the form reply that "Someone will be contacting me, please provide my phone number..." but so far nobody has replied or called. Maybe early next week.
It took them about 3 days from the first email to send the reply. I guess the reply isn't automated, it just reads like a form letter.

--Jim

Lance

Re: Re: Re: Passholder Lounge Alert!!!!!! Everyone In Here!

Originally posted by GrinningGhost

Yes, Seasonal passholders can get in too...

The day I posted that, I went into Epcot, to the Land, and the greeting CM told me to go ask the Brown Info Desk for dining reservations......so I went over and

asked her, "can I get into the Passholder lounge with a Seasonal Pass??"

She said, "I believe you can't."

I replied, "jesus, what the hell is this thing good for, first I don't get free parking(which is such an F'in pain in the ), and now I can't get into a PASSHOLDER LOUNGE."

She says, "don't worry, it's only a place to sit down."

I say, "that's not it, I just think you guys ROYALLY SCREW ME for not paying for the $289 pass!!!!!"
So what's the deal?????

For your info, I have the seasonal pass with blockout days(christmas, spring break and summer) it was the $189 pass.....

DVCgirl49

I sent a letter about two weeks ago and haven't gotten any sort of reply. Just sent another one five minutes ago. Hopefully there will be enough of us speaking loudly enough that they will think twice and decide to keep it open!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom