Party Season 2021

drew81

If they do have a "party" and they can get away with limited offerings/experiences/no characters/no shows/small cavalcade how does that bode for a full scale party in the future?

If they charge near normal price and people pay that just fuels Baldy's dream of cutting entertainment to the bare bone.

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
If they do have a "party" and they can get away with limited offerings/experiences/no characters/no shows/small cavalcade how does that bode for a full scale party in the future?

If they charge near normal price and people pay that just fuels Baldy's dream of cutting entertainment to the bare bone.
On the other hand, if they limit it to 10k people so ride lines are nonexistent, I’d pay for the evening in MK. But that would never work once they get back to normal crowds if they want parties 4x/week. You won’t get 100k/week willing to pay their prices without the parade and fireworks.

Fireworks in particular. And they’ve already shown they intend to bring those back.

TTA94

What’s more 2020 than thinking ahead to the holidays in 2021? I’m told they are planning for the return of MNSSHP and MVMCP. Complete with some upgrades over 2019‘s parties. Get yo’ vaccine next Spring!

Does the upgrades have to do with the parades or fireworks? If they even come back this year.

Touchdown

Hopefully, making changes to the new Halloween firework show, its a bit messy.
It shouldn’t be too hard, my surgical wishes:

1. Replace Once Upon a Dream with the ballroom/organ version of Grim Grinning Ghosts
2. Have either a person or a puppet Zero fly down the Tink wire to herald the finale when either Mickey or Jack (can’t remember who) calls out his name.

Mickey2021

Every adult should be able to receive their vaccinations by the end of June. Therefore there should be no problem with MNSSHP.
Biden now says every adult will have the opportunity by the end of May. So all the people that want a vaccine will have one by summer. This implies whatever rate of vaccination we have by summer will probably be the rate we stay with barring some government mandate. At that point Disney is making decisions about how it wants its parks to operate for the foreseeable future as nothing new will change with vaccinations going forward. This is why I don't understand how the administration can say things might start getting back to normal by fall. Nothing will change between June and the September.

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
Biden now says every adult will have the opportunity by the end of May. So all the people that want a vaccine will have one by summer. This implies whatever rate of vaccination we have by summer will probably be the rate we stay with barring some government mandate. At that point Disney is making decisions about how it wants its parks to operate for the foreseeable future as nothing new will change with vaccinations going forward. This is why I don't understand how the administration can say things might start getting back to normal by fall. Nothing will change between June and the September.
Having vaccines arrive by 5/31 doesn’t equate to them going into arms. Give about 2 weeks for dose 1 of Pfizer and Moderna. Then a further 4 weeks to dose 2. Then a week for immunity. That pulls you toward 8/1 already. And by then, people won’t be lining up demanding shots, either. We will be begging them to get shots. Will we wait for such people before relaxing restrictions? I personally doubt it.

No one under 16 will be vaccinated before summer. What is the impact of that?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Q: When can we get back to normal?

A: When deaths per day in the U.S. go from over two thousand **per day** (!!) to under 20 per day.

Q: When will that happen?

A: We don't know. Anyone who guesses is just guessing. A new variant may keep that from happening. Vaccines in U.S. adults is not vaccines in children and everyone else in the world, where new variants can occur and wind up in the U.S. There's hope, there's also danger.

threvester

Q: When can we get back to normal?

A: When deaths per day in the U.S. go from over two thousand **per day** (!!) to under 20 per day.

Q: When will that happen?

A: We don't know. Anyone who guesses is just guessing. A new variant may keep that from happening. Vaccines in U.S. adults is not vaccines in children and everyone else in the world, where new variants can occur and wind up in the U.S. There's hope, there's also danger.
20 per day is only 7300/yr far less than the flu

Shouldigo12

Will we wait for such people before relaxing restrictions? I personally doubt it.
Yep. Everyone who turns down the vaccine needs to think very carefully about this. Once vaccination is open to everyone, must businesses aren't going to see it as their responsibility to protect you anymore. I have a friend who works somewhere that qualified for the 1a round of vaccination. They had all been working from home, but last month they told everyone they would be expected to come back in person. All of her coworkers who turned down the vaccine freaked out and complained that it wasn't fair and it was too risky. Their boss just told them, sorry, but too bad. You had your chance to protect yourself, you turned it down, and we need to fully open up again.

I'll expect we'll be seeing a lot of situations like this as months go by.

TTA94

So what’s the thinking now on the parties and overall nighttime entertainment? A big stretch? If they are going to wait for everyone to get the vaccine... yikes. And clearly Disney isn’t budging with the cautious game.

TTA94

Universal just announced the dates for their Halloween Horror Nights and the first house is Beetlejuice!

Give me a darn party Disney! :D (socially distanced and masked is fine!)

Unfortunately Disney doesn’t care what Universal does. If they did we’d have at least one nighttime show running.

Touchdown

Universal just announced the dates for their Halloween Horror Nights and the first house is Beetlejuice!

Give me a darn party Disney! :D (socially distanced and masked is fine!)
Sweet! Cannot wait to enter the nightmare again this fall, and can’t wait to see the Ghost with the Most!

Im glad I’m already booked at the RPR 😃🎃👻😈

TTA94

Fireworks are planned to return to WDW this summer.

MNSSHP is planned to occur. I can’t get a read on whether it will be an August or September premiere.

Are they planning to bring them back depending on vaccine status? Or pretty much regardless of where we are at?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom