Partners Statue--Wild/crazy idea

DisneyMemories

Original Poster
Most if not All of you are going to think i'm nuts or worse,but l wish they would turn the Partners statue in front of the castle into a double AA,where Walt would come to life every hour ,and say the speach like he did at the dedication of DL "To all who come to this Happy place---WELCOME" and so forth,and mickey would chime is is his usual cheerful way with a nice comment,kinda like the hall of presidents only of walt and mickey. OK it was just a wild idea and l know alot of people would think its weird or creepy,but it's just a idea l thought of,is sad but we rarely or hardly ever hear walts voice anymore in the park. Oh Well thanks for reading this silly idea of mine,have a great day :)

Fantasmic!329

That is a really cool idea, BUT most people would not go for it because the Partners has been the way it is for so long. Also, I didn't think AA's were waterproof.

English Belle

I'm thinking it might be a bit creepy but it's something I've never thought of - and you're right, we don't hear Walt much in the parks and it's a shame.

DisneyMemories

Original Poster
l've thought of that too,but incase it in a small gazebo with speakers hidden around it, if disney wanted to they could get real creative with the idea,their knowledge has procressed alot since 50 years ago. Oh well like l said its only an silly idea.

peter11435

STR8FAN2005 said:
I just hope that the statue will return after the hub rehab. You never can assume with Disney.
It never left, the statue is still there. They built a box around it to protect it, but they never touched it.

nicholas

peter11435 said:
It never left, the statue is still there. They built a box around it to protect it, but they never touched it.
I refer to it as the partners coffin. It just looks creepy like that knowing they are entombed inside.

sdguy1234

Account Suspended
DisneyMemories said:
Most if not All of you are going to think i'm nuts or worse,but l wish they would turn the Partners statue in front of the castle into a double AA,where Walt would come to life every hour ,and say the speach like he did at the dedication of DL "To all who come to this Happy place---WELCOME" and so forth,and mickey would chime is is his usual cheerful way with a nice comment,kinda like the hall of presidents only of walt and mickey. OK it was just a wild idea and l know alot of people would think its weird or creepy,but it's just a idea l thought of,is sad but we rarely or hardly ever hear walts voice anymore in the park. Oh Well thanks for reading this silly idea of mine,have a great day :)

That's really creepy.....

I think they should take it out and put one of Micheal Eisner there.

Coaster3001

The only good way to have an Micheal Eisner Statue is if you put it in chester and hesters dino area and had him bent over so everyone could line up and kick his but.:sohappy: :sohappy:

WDWFREAK53

Coaster3001 said:
The only good way to have an Micheal Eisner Statue is if you put it in chester and hesters dino area and had him bent over so everyone could line up and kick his but.:sohappy: :sohappy:

Why not have the real Eisner and have a pie-tossing booth?

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
WDWFREAK53 said:
I like the idea...not in that spot though...why not in One Man's Dream?

There's the answer kids - WDWFREAK wins a prize. Imagine if you had Walt himself present the opening for the movie, and maybe even interact with the scenes as if giving a home movie spiel. The other thing being (and believe me I know this is a stretch) with what you can do with the current processor power, you could probably do a pretty good voice recreation overlay and have a trained castmember operate things from backstage. Imagine if you could have a brief Q&A session with Walt!!!

the-reason14

Why not just have the voice of Walt speak every hour or so of the opening ceremony of DL, and have the voice of his brother speak of the dedication of MK (WDW) every half an hour instead. That way you dont have to mess with the statue, but just have a voice instead.

Either way, I dont see how it would work because of the Mainstreet music playing all the time, unless they dim it for the announcement(s).

speck76

DisneyMemories said:

Sometimes something can say a lot, without saying anything at all........

In today's world where people are force-fed everything, it is nice to have a quiet statue that someone can just look at and be touched.

evanssc

speck76 said:
Sometimes something can say a lot, without saying anything at all........

In today's world where people are force-fed everything, it is nice to have a quiet statue that someone can just look at and be touched.

Well said.

stingrock23

How about if Disney were to make a Walt animatronic and created a small show using real voice clips. I think that would be neat, maybe stick it somewhere on Main Street.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom