"partners statue" in the dark. Has disney become sloppy?

jakeman

I think that it may be more effective to point out the financial ramifications of your issue than the emotional ones.

If you plan to alter your future vacations because of the transgression you describe you would be more apt to receive the result you are looking for.

To me, and this is only my opinion, your letter does not convey that message. If you are going to complain about an issue but still give your money to the offending party, how much is that party going to care?

MickeyPeace

Main Street has just undergone major refurb in the last year. I have never noticed burnt out light bulbs or faded roof tops.

I'm all for Disney keeping to their high standard but honestly before this thread none of these things have been obvious to me.

TheBeatles

A lot of these issues are called into Maintenance by Cast Members.

Some are fixed immediately, while some are not.

I've seen it firsthand when a problem is called in and a Maintenance Cast Member is there within the hour to fix it.

SleepingMonk

The public areas of the parks seem to be well maintained, many of the rides within the parks however have long lists of things that need to be repaired or replaced.

The resorts are the places I've seen the most examples of poor maintenance in public guest areas, such as dirty floors and walls, shoddy housekeeping, worn carpets, torn lampshades, broken bulbs, etc...

MarkTwain

I think that it may be more effective to point out the financial ramifications of your issue than the emotional ones.

If you plan to alter your future vacations because of the transgression you describe you would be more apt to receive the result you are looking for.

To me, and this is only my opinion, your letter does not convey that message. If you are going to complain about an issue but still give your money to the offending party, how much is that party going to care?

If the only guest issues that Disney feels the need to address are the ones that they feel are of sufficient financial consequence, then that may be their saddest downfall yet.

MarkTwain

Also, the OP has a point: this isn't just any lightbulb on a random facade on Main Street which no one is likely to notice... this is Partners. Generally agreed to be a resort-wide icon. How many hundreds or thousands of people take photos of this famous statue each day? How many people on night the OP was there couldn't take photos of the statue, because the lights were burnt out and the statue was unlit? When will we be sufficiently motivated to care - when the Tree of Life or Spaceship Earth are dark too?

jakeman

If the only guest issues that Disney feels the need to address are the ones that they feel are of sufficient financial consequence, then that may be their saddest downfall yet.
Maybe, but if you want your complaint to heard and addressed why not phrase your argument in the best way possible?

Dwarful

We noticed a serious decline in our room & hallway at the Yacht Club. I wrote a detailed letter and included photographs. We received a general response...'thanks for your concern' etc., For the cost of the rooms at the deluxe resort guests shouldn't find: mold on the bathroom shower curtain, holes in the wall, a broken lamp (Mickey's nose was busted off) and the front cabinet door covering the mini-fridge broken off. We requested a room change but they said they didn't have room.

SleepingMonk

Same experience a few weeks ago at Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Things literally falling off the walls, dirt and grime visible in many places, room not clean at check-in, etc...

wedway71

Has Disney really gotten worse OR have we been taught to go out of our way to find the bad?

My point...

I have been going to WDW since I was born(1971). I lived in Florida my entire life(except last 5 years). I hear people say Disney is going down hill and it was better way back when..

Well I have a plethora of pics from 1971 to recent-Some great and some with paint chips, etc...

I have a pic of me circa 1976 in front of Dumbo. Behind me is the gate that had chipped paint.

I also have seen pics of WALT DISNEY HIMSELF in the park with some issues. There is one pic of him on a ride vehicle with a huge ding on the front....

Honestly, I never started looking for the bad until I started coming to fan sites and seeing other people say this...

Now I spend my time looking under and over things to find something...

I can honestly say...even with trying to find faults.... my last trip was AWESOME...Only one area that needed TLC was Dumbo.... but they are moving that anyway.

Martian Crab

I believe the Disney parks are in decline and I've been there dozens of times since 1976. It's foolish to say I see these problems because I'm looking for them. Areas are not as clean as they once were, maintenance isn't done as frequently, and the quality of the "show" has definitely slipped. Decorative items have been removed to save money (barker birds in front of POTC and ETR). Guests are now merely customers. I guess I should just look the other way and think happy thoughts like many of you.
http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/i-remember-lost-attractions-wdw-more/22699-minusing.html

wizards8507

Maybe, but if you want your complaint to heard and addressed why not phrase your argument in the best way possible?

The "best way possible" is to stop spending your entertainment dollar on a product that you don't believe is worth it. The only way to determine what a WDW vacation is worth is to determine what people are willing to pay for it. If you don't like the state of the product, then stop writing letters and start spending your money on a competitor's product.

Tigger1988

And back then, people were saying that era for Disney was not as good as before....and so on.

"The Golden Age was never the present age."

My mother was telling me about my family's first trip to Disney in 1981. They went with a friend who had been to WDW several times in the preceding decade. He went on an on about how the park was going downhill, how cast members were 'not what they used to be' and so on. This was just 10 years into WDW's existence.

Krack

And back then, people were saying that era for Disney was not as good as before....and so on.

"The Golden Age was never the present age."

That's not really fair or accurate. I think most people who were around at the time pretty much universally claim the resorts were at their best shortly after original EPCOT Center was completed - right after the ticket books were eliminated and the Living Seas was opened. People's opinions will certainly differ (I happen to think the best year to visit WDW was 1994), but I've never heard anyone say 1974 (or 1955) was better than 1984.

MarkTwain

That's not really fair or accurate. I think most people who were around at the time pretty much universally claim the resorts were at their best shortly after original EPCOT Center was completed - right after the ticket books were eliminated and the Living Seas was opened. People's opinions will certainly differ (I happen to think the best year to visit WDW was 1994), but I've never heard anyone say 1974 (or 1955) was better than 1984.

^ I've generally heard that the best ever time for park maintenance was the mid-1980s, but I don't know that for sure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom