parks

SirNim

The brand is watered-down as it is! :lol:
;)

Though I wouldn't object to a park up here in the northeast... :lookaroun

j/k :)

jodilt

There has been a rumor for a few years that they were buying land in North Texas - Van Alstyne- to build a park. That would be great....only 15 minutes from me!

Atta83

There was some land "Supposibly" bought by Disney out here in the Houston area but as you can see nothing really happen....so I guess it was just a rumor.

tigger248

I think those rumors must pop up frequently. I heard they also looked at some land here in Kentucky. I actually heard that they were looking at Kentucky Kingdom before Six Flags bought it. :rolleyes: Good thing they didn't because as much as I'd like to see a Disney park nearby, that place would have probably ruined the company. It would have probably made Disney Studios Paris and DCA look like paradise. :lol: I'd still like to see something here, just not there (at Six flags). I think the weather here is enough in itself to see that it wouldn't work.

mrtoad

SirNim said:
The brand is watered-down as it is! :lol:
;)

Though I wouldn't object to a park up here in the northeast... :lookaroun

j/k :)

Northeast where (just curious)?

When looking for the place to put WDW they almost chose Queens, NY. The weather is what changed their minds. I am not far from NYC so it would have been nice but it would not have been the same.

Lauriebar

How about Nashville? Opryland shut down about five years ago, I think Porter Wagner is looking for a job...I'm thinking he'd be perfect in CBJ!!:hammer:

Goofy23

I know that "they" wouldn't put Disney where it couldn't be open year-round. They won't put one in the NE because of the snow. The only possible place would be Texas because of the weather and all the open space for near unlimited expansion. They learned from their Disneyland mistake as they only own the 2 parks (for those of you that don't know, DCA is built on the old parking lot of Disneyland), and various hotels & tourist traps are built around the park not owned by Disney.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Don't hold your breath

With disasters of expansion in Europe and Asia, a poorly received second park in CA and two half parks in Florida, why not expand more? :veryconfu
While I personally loved the concept idea for the historical park in VA, I'm afraid that would not have been well received either.

My crystal ball (it's always cloudy) says that there will be no expansion for a very long time.

that_L_do_pig

Being 34 years of age and having always lived in Houston, I can say that the 'Disney in Houston' rumors have been around at least as long as I have.

In the 1970's and 1980's it was rumored to be Plantersville. The only thing I can think of is that the Texas Renaissance Festival is there and the infrastructure between Houston and College Station is quiet nice due to some 50 million Aggies (or so it seems) and there maroon vehicles.

In the 1990's it was rumored to be in the Katy area (specifically I-10 and Fry or Mason). The only thing I can think of there is the interstate and that ultimately a very large Chinese heritage park was built near there.

Large companies like Disney protect there assets by investing in things like property. Somebody reads something, takes it out of context and here we are. Remember that Walt used fake company names for Orlando land purchases to protect the property costs during his acquisition binge. Eventually the word got out and prices skyrocketed. Hey if I was a land developer in say KATY, I would start those Disney rumors MYSELF!

VillainFan

I think they should put a park here in the Midwest. There's one on each coast, but what about the middle of the country? Haven't they bought land several times in Missouri?

StevenT

There are rumors in cities all the time about theme parks. I have heard countless rumours of Six Flags coming to Ft. Myers, and a major water park (which ended up being a Wal-Mart) among other things. I don't really think they'll be building any more parks in the US outside of Disneyland and WDW any time soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom