Parks crowd level

mousermerf

Account Suspended
The UG's crowd forecasts have the peak lines around 45mins for most of the week, this weekend it starts to go up starting on Saturday to 60mins, Sunday to 85mins, and then Christmas Eve thorugh NYE we're looking at the max level on their charts, 94mins or more, which usually means 2-3+ hour waits at major attractions.

sweetpee_1993

The UG's crowd forecasts have the peak lines around 45mins for most of the week, this weekend it starts to go up starting on Saturday to 60mins, Sunday to 85mins, and then Christmas Eve thorugh NYE we're looking at the max level on their charts, 94mins or more, which usually means 2-3+ hour waits at major attractions.

Friday, Dec. 7 & Saturday, Dec. 8 lines for Soaring were consistantly 120+ minutes. Needless to say, we didn't ride. I shudder at what the lines will be like Christmas week.

WIX

Friday, Dec. 7 & Saturday, Dec. 8 lines for Soaring were consistantly 120+ minutes. Needless to say, we didn't ride. I shudder at what the lines will be like Christmas week.

We were there on the 8th and we saw the line at 15 minutes around 7p??? :shrug:

sweetpee_1993

We were there on the 8th and we saw the line at 15 minutes around 7p??? :shrug:

We didn't stick around that long. Was so crowded earlier in the day. We even gave away our seating vouchers for Candlelight Processional after our early dinner at LeCellier. Dinner was great, tho.

brertigger

Crowds were not too bad this past week, except for Saturday (Dec 22).
MK was very crowded yesterday (Space had a 120 minute wait, Big Thunder Mountain had a 70 minute wait, Splash had a 20 minute wait, most other major attractions were 45-60 minutes).

After the fireworks, they opened the backstage exit near Main Street.

Kman101

I went the 19th through the 21st and I guess I picked the right parks to go to on the right days. I hit each park in the morning and the crowds from around 9 am until 1 or 2 were fantastically low. They increased as they day went on, but I can't recall any specific ride ever reaching past 30 minutes. Probably Space Mountain but I skipped it (didn't feel good by the time I got around to it). I know by noon at Epcot on the 21st, the rides were almost all at 80 minutes.

Key, IMO, go early (and follow the UG as well as other touring guide sites cause they DO work), be there at park opening or just a few minutes afterwards. Hit the major rides and you will be fine. You'd be amazed at what you can get done in the stretch from opening until mid-afternoon.

Figment82

At Epcot today, Soarin' and Test Track averaged around 140-150 mins, Mission:Space was just under that, Nemo was about 45 mins, and SSE made it to the tip boards with a wait of 40 mins. Even JII had a wait of 25 mins at one point.

MK closed today after an hour, but reopened later in the afternoon.

lwalker8

Even the Mexico pavilion boat ride had a small line today. The cast members seemed to have no idea what to do with it either. It was terribly organized. I guess they don't get a crowd too often.:ROFLOL:

wdwmomof3

At Epcot today, Soarin' and Test Track averaged around 140-150 mins, Mission:Space was just under that, Nemo was about 45 mins, and SSE made it to the tip boards with a wait of 40 mins. Even JII had a wait of 25 mins at one point.

:eek: My in-laws arrived on 12/21 and were planning to stay until today but they came home two days early. They said that it was insane, but they have not been to Disney in 30 years. I thought they were crazy but I guess they were right. Wow...

kc1296426

From this day and forward until January 4th, just expect the parks to be filled and crowded and packed with long lines.

Splash mountain was down all day today, apparantly one of its parts broke down and they had to order a new one, ship it, then put it back in. Don't know if its open right now or not, but I heard it would take all day, maybe stretching into tommorrow.

Kevi

Lines

I was at Epcot on the 22nd and the lines weren't anything out of the ordinary. The Magic Kingdom on the 23rd, wasn't too bad I mean there was a lot of people more than I've ever seen at Disney World... still it wasn't that bad I had tons of fun even with the crowds : D

DisneyMarg

I went the 19th through the 21st and I guess I picked the right parks to go to on the right days. I hit each park in the morning and the crowds from around 9 am until 1 or 2 were fantastically low. They increased as they day went on, but I can't recall any specific ride ever reaching past 30 minutes. Probably Space Mountain but I skipped it (didn't feel good by the time I got around to it). I know by noon at Epcot on the 21st, the rides were almost all at 80 minutes.

Key, IMO, go early (and follow the UG as well as other touring guide sites cause they DO work), be there at park opening or just a few minutes afterwards. Hit the major rides and you will be fine. You'd be amazed at what you can get done in the stretch from opening until mid-afternoon.

Amen and Amen again!! We visited the parks on Dec 23, 24, and 26 - all very high crowd days. In each case we were there when the park opened - including EMH where available. We were able to hop right on many rides and see and do all we wanted to before the crowds became oppressive. We left around 1 or 2 each day, napped in the hotel room, and headed back to the parks for dinner and nighttime shows.

We have been before and don't have any little kids, so we didn't feel obligated to do EvERYTHING in every park. But we had a great time enjoying the things we like, with very little waiting.

I don't even know how crowded it got or how long the waits got because by then we were off in napland!

NX2I85

Holy moley! A 25 minute wait for Figment sounds whacked!

Darthfinkles

Anybody know how the crowds are during the week of Jan 07-12? I'm headed to WDW on the 7th, I choose this week because according to several sites, this was considered offseason. This is my concern...... I had to extend my trip one day to Jan 12 due to a flight change, and I couldnt get an extra night at Port Orleans(where im staying) or any other Moderate Resort. The Beach Club was the cheapest room I could get at $395. Does anyone think it is becuase it is a Friday night? Thanks for any info.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom