Parking trams with new doors

Nicole220

I've been using the doors at DL and I really don't like them. For whatever reason I just can't seem to open them right each time. :lol: And then there's the occasional person who spends 10 minutes trying to open them. The only thing they're good for is giving me an arm rest. :lol:

StageFrenzy

Do the park goers at DL carry the Nimitz class strollers that people at WDW seem to need?

I think just being at Disney World (Particularly MK) seems to lowers most peoples IQ by about 30 points. I always think it is funny how hard it is for most people to park at the world. I mean there are two guys standing there pointing at the spot in front of you and the car in front of you just pulled into the space next to where the guys are pointing. Not to mention you just saw at least five other cars do the same thing. I understand the kid in the backseat is literally doing flips and screaming some variation of Disney World, Disney World, Disney World!!! But you have heard it for the last ten to fifteen minutes from when you saw the gates so just park. This is the easiest part of your journey the fun part is coming up later in the day (there is NO CRYING at Disney world). Put the excited little tyke in the Nimitz class stroller, walk in FRONT of your car and to the tram. This next part is going to be tricky, there are a whole bunch of people in over by the tram and it is full, it's just sitting there what is taking so long? Tram leaves more people show up. New tram is nearing, now you need to secure a row hand tyke to the Ms. fold up Nimitz class stroller and hold it out the side. Tram arrives and it has doors!!! Your head explodes.

Rob562

I think these doors are a great idea.. Its sad that some guests just do not understand what "No further boarding means".....

The doors will do nothing to stop the "No Further Boarding" ignorers... As the doors can't be prevented from opening, and they all close on their own, there's nothing to stop someone from walking up to the tram and trying to open the doors to get in.

-Rob

T-1MILLION

The doors will do nothing to stop the "No Further Boarding" ignorers... As the doors can't be prevented from opening, and they all close on their own, there's nothing to stop someone from walking up to the tram and trying to open the doors to get in.

-Rob

Exactly!
These doors are going to cause just as many problems if not more than what they resolve.
Someone now will just rush up and spend even more time and effort trying to get in durring no further boarding calls.

Let us also consider a single person with a child's stroller or pushing someone in a wheelchair that they need to transfer and fold...there are many situations where it is going to be frustrating for somenoe to need to keep opening a door and hold it open when it wants to spring back like that.

An person who makes bad choices is a person who makes bad choices. What is to stop the same person who makes bad choices who would stand up or put a leg out from the side of a tram from the same kind of person or kid who wants to see what happens when they push open the tram door?

niteobsrvr

The future is very interesting if for no other reason than changes that will happen.

Disney is on a holy war about safety which will begin to imapct guests doon enough about how they handle themselves and their equipment throughout parks, resorts, and transportation. They tried to take responsiblility for you but those days are slowly coming to an end.

I just wanted to chime in. If anyone is interested, the Tram door makeover is being done in the far Epcot parking lot over by the woodpecker rd. gate. There is a huge white tent set up there with several trams all set up ready to be modified.

brkgnews

That seems like a good enough reason to have them installed. Hopefully it'll do that much, and if it doesn't... :lookaroun

liontram.png
:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

Well-played, Sumshine 904. Well-played. *golf claps*

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I really hope they add the stripes to those doors. They look butt ugly.

Are they at least spring-loaded so they fall closed on their own?
Otherwise on those multi-stop outbound runs you'll have large delays as people get off the tram and leave their door wide open.

-Rob

Dont give me nightmares LOL. It looks like they have some kind of machinery on the hinges, but the door handles are freaking me out.

Mad Stitch

The tram CM's must love these doors. :rolleyes: This will really slow down Tram operations - well at least until people get used to them. How many times will Tram CMs have to announce "pull your doors closed, they are not automatic" or "keep your doors closed" before he/she can give the clear signal? I also worry about this reducing Tram capacity. My last few trips I had a stroller in tow. I found it great to sit on the outside with the stroller standing on the foot step. I noticed many others do this as well. Now I guess the strollers will always have to fill a space in the row a person would normally occupy. The age of lawsuits are pacifying everything.

That is exactly the type of behavior the doors are intended to prevent. Strollers are to be folded and placed in the middle of the row.

parkgoer

^ just getting ready to quote the same thing. The step is not a place for you to put your stroller.

I don't really see why this is getting so much discussion. How much longer is it really going to delay a tram. a minute at most..? Pull the door open and get in, nothing to it. come on people, it's a safety hazard. Disney is protecting themselves and their guests. You should be thanking them.

ddrongowski

This is what happens when people refuse to listen to the tram operators. When they say "no more loading" that means "no more loading". To many people refuse to listen or don't understand english and do the running jump onto the moving tram.

Now when they try, they will be DENIED.

Could be some good internet "fail" pictures.:ROFLOL:

ddrongowski

Interesting. They`ve been in the works for a while now and it is good to see them in Orlando.

And since I can say it :D my recent experiences with the DL versions was fine. Plenty of time to open them, close them, and most if not all do slowly close themselves. Think of them as an added level of protection along with holding on tight and keeping the kids inside adults. Morons can still open them, just as they can jump from a ride vehicle, but if they stop just one incident of a guest or item falling on a turn then surely they are worth it.

Soon the tram roads will be lined with rubber padding, and marshmellows......

It's for the stupid, they must be saved.

ddrongowski

I used the Disneyland trams with the doors back in June and again in August, and I didn't notice any slow-down in loading and unloading of guests. The doors open manually, but close unless they are held open. So, there won't be the problem of guests accidentally leaving the doors open...they swing shut by themselves. They are easy to use (note the little arrows telling you how to use them) and the double door sections for the strollers haven't seemed to cause a problem in California. I'm all for it...and I'm all for the compressed natural gas engines the DL trams use now. With all the starting and stopping the trams do, they would also make a great location for gas electic hybrids...

"NOTE THE LITTLE ARROWS TELLING YOU HOW TO USE THEM"!?!?!? That requires someone to have an IQ of at least .5. I see problems in WDW future, big problems with confused people waiting for the doors to open.:ROFLOL:

Be careful there kids that arrow may get stuck in your eye if you actually look at it.:)

No? nothing? yeah yeah, I have a weird sense of humor.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Disneyland Parking Lot Tram Without Much Of Anything - 1958
dlhotel_tram.jpg
:lol:

This looks like a thrown together tram in someones garage. Yes, take into consideration it is 1958, but still... looks like if they hit a bump, grandma and them would get bounced into the roof of the back car.

ddrongowski

-Rob

But it will cause severe injury to the flying leaping idiots.

ddrongowski

-Rob

Next generation of tram door, will have a handle that has 1MILLION:drevil: volts applied to it, once the "no further boarding" has been given. Again it is for the idiots safety.:ROFLOL:

No more loading please, no more loading. BZZZZAPPPP!!!!! Look daddy and mommy the idiot zapper got another one. Yes dear, that is why you use the brain and ears, and eyes that God gave you.

CDavid

it's a safety hazard. Disney is protecting themselves and their guests. You should be thanking them.

Walt Disney World has been getting along without doors on the parking trams for nearly 40 years now, so how much of a safety hazard can it be? I see no harm in installation of the doors, though I suspect it is more often a matter of the Disney legal department having too much time on its hands than something for which we need to be thanking them.

The doors are a good idea, but if you're going to do this, shouldn't the doors should have been designed to prevent real problems - like no more boarding offenders - than just the potential risk of someone/something falling off.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom