Parking questions!

akmr01

Have a couple of parking questions!

We're staying off site - when we go to the parks do we pay for parking per park or per day??

i.e. if we go to MK then Epcot in the same day do we pay each time we park or do we just pay a daily parking fee and can park where we want that day within resort area?

Also, have several dining reservations at various hotels...can we park at the hotel for free or do we have to pay for parking?

nepalostparks

You pay per day if you are going to hop from one park to another. Just save your receipt from the first park you pay at, and show it when you get to the booth at the second park.

You can self park for free at the resorts for a dining reservation. Just let the security guard know when you pull up to the entrance that you have a reservation. Valet parking, if offered at the resort, would be extra.

Upvote 0

fmingo36

As mentioned you can self-park for free at the resorts, but some of the resorts also have valet which you can pay for.

FYI-They will check ID at the resorts (guard station) to confirm you have a reservation.

Upvote 0

Rob562

Generally at the resorts (especially those that are popular, or close to the parks), they'll give you a 3-hour parking pass. After that, you could potentially get towed. For example, they don't want people to park at the Polynesian for free and then monorail over to the Magic Kingdom all day.

-Rob

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

A quick tip for when you're park hopping = park your car in the parking lot of the park that you'll end your day in. This saves the long trek back to the first parking lot when everybody is tired and you just want to get 'home'

Upvote 0

usnret04

I read somewhere that a suggestion was to park at Downtown Disney, then take the buses to the parks. Downtown Disney parking is free.

Do the buses go directly to the parks or to the resorts first?

Has anyone ever tried this?

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I read somewhere that a suggestion was to park at Downtown Disney, then take the buses to the parks. Downtown Disney parking is free.

You can not take a direct bus to or from any of the 4 parks from DTD. This is due to people doing exactly what you suggested and making parking at DTD even harder than it already is. You must take a bus to a resort then to the parks. Travel time.... approximately 2 hours.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

park at Downtown Disney, then take the buses to the parks. Downtown Disney parking is free.

This is the selfish way - it prevents those people who want to shop / dine at DTD from doing exactly that as they're unable to park.

A way to resolve this would be for uses of all buses leaving DTD to show Resort ID

Upvote 0

usnret04

This is the selfish way - it prevents those people who want to shop / dine at DTD from doing exactly that as they're unable to park.

A way to resolve this would be for uses of all buses leaving DTD to show Resort ID

Thanks for bring this to my attention. It sounded sneaky when I first read it.

Upvote 0

shipley731

Generally at the resorts (especially those that are popular, or close to the parks), they'll give you a 3-hour parking pass. After that, you could potentially get towed.

I've parked at Boardwalk many times to go to the ESPN club to eat & watch football & I've never been given a temporary pass. A few times I've been staying somewhere else on property so I had a parking pass from another resort, but I've been when not staying on property as well.

I've also had to go to meetings at the Contemporary & GF to meet with the catering & sales departments (I do a big meeting once a year at WDW.) I never been given a temp parking pass at either of those places. Where do they do this? (I'm just curious.)

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I've parked at Boardwalk many times to go to the ESPN club to eat & watch football & I've never been given a temporary pass. A few times I've been staying somewhere else on property so I had a parking pass from another resort, but I've been when not staying on property as well.

I've also had to go to meetings at the Contemporary & GF to meet with the catering & sales departments (I do a big meeting once a year at WDW.) I never been given a temp parking pass at either of those places. Where do they do this? (I'm just curious.)
The Contemporary and the sometimes Poly will do this quite a bit especially during peak or holiday season. The Contemporary is the only lot that I have actually seen them tow cars from.

Upvote 0

drossjr

This is about as bad as pool hopping at the resorts or asking about monorail expansion!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fork:

Upvote 0

nepalostparks

This is about as bad as pool hopping at the resorts or asking about monorail expansion!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fork:

New members often have questions or ideas that they aren't aware are touchy subjects or taboos on here. To the poster's credit, they promptly responded a thank you for the information:

Thanks for bring this to my attention. It sounded sneaky when I first read it.

Welcome to the boards usnret04! :wave:

Upvote 0

drossjr

New members often have questions or ideas that they aren't aware are touchy subjects or taboos on here. To the poster's credit, they promptly responded a thank you for the information:

Welcome to the boards usnret04! :wave:

first time to the boards??? sure okay, 1st time to the parks??? didnt see that mentioned anywhere???? This is where common sense should kick in, if Disney charges for parking at the parks why would it be okay to park for free at DTD and use a bus to skip into the parks especially for people who stay off property? :brick:

Upvote 0

nepalostparks

first time to the boards??? sure okay, 1st time to the parks??? didnt see that mentioned anywhere???? This is where common sense should kick in, if Disney charges for parking at the parks why would it be okay to park for free at DTD and use a bus to skip into the parks especially for people who stay off property? :brick:

Original message quoted below:

All I see is a questions about something the poster read elsewhere. I don't think we should be flaming :)fork:) new posters for asking questions. A response to the question was made, and the poster thanked for the correct information. I think a little common courtesy would go a long way on these boards. :wave:

Upvote 0

drossjr

Original message quoted below:

All I see is a questions about something the poster read elsewhere. I don't think we should be flaming :)fork:) new posters for asking questions. A response to the question was made, and the poster thanked for the correct information. I think a little common courtesy would go a long way on these boards. :wave:

That wouldnt be any fun now would it? Make room for cheapskates and people trying to break the rules what a society! :wave:

Upvote 0

Erika

Thank you, and I agree.

Usnret04, welcome to WDWMagic!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom