Parking now $11?

goofyfan13

It's not going to affect anyone with valid park tickets. It says right on the back that it allows use of the Walt Disney World transportation system. I don't condone the tactics used to avoid the parking fees, as it really inconveniences other guests. We had to go to a resort to transfer busses just to get from the Studios to DtD one night. A few bad eggs spoil it for the rest of us.

Thats what I thought but I was worried that I wouldn't be able to park hop using the buses anymore either. Good to know.

Blackie Pueblo

I apologize now if this comes out wrong but I can't stand when people defend the rise in price because.."Universal rose their prices."

Who cares what the other parks do?!! Disney is suppose to be better than the other parks so competing with the little things like that is ridiculous. And I agree, $11 for parking doesn't sound like much but for us poor blue collar workers it can seriously add up with the tickets, the price of food, drinks, ice cream...

And also, when I use to have season passes we would go to Downtown Disney and then suddenly get the urge to go to the parks. So, we love walking, we would walk to the resort (which one is that right there? I can't believe I can't remember right now) and wait at the bus station. Then take the bus to whatever park we wanted to go.

So i gotta know. Did I break the law? Seriously? Was this against the rules? And how serious is this? You all have me all in a panic now. So I'm not allowed to do this? If I sound like I'm mocking I swear I'm not. I really didn't think this was a big deal.

tigsmom

It is the cost of doing business. The price of gas goes up, the price of insurance goes up, etc...that all gets passed on to the consumer.

As for the bus system...you do not need to be staying on site to use WDW transportation. All you need is a valid park pass...all of the parks and the hotels comprise the WDW Resort.... parks are part of the resort and the hotels are another part.

There are dedicated buses and monorails for the resort hotels and you may, at times, be refused use of them if they are too crowded. In all my years of going to WDW I do not know of anyone who has been denied access. We were asked for ID in 1992 at the monorail as it was an early in day at the MK and only resort guests were being allowed on at that time. Everyone else had to wait for a later monorail, but there was nobody in that line. :shrug:

On site guests have free parking, everyone else pays. You may think you have found a way around it, but it always catches up to you in the end.

tigsmom

Do you have to show anything to take a bus from DTD to the Animal Kingdom Lodge? What about just driving there? It's one of the few resorts I've never been to and would like to look around and eat there.

You are free to drive over to any resort hotel and eat, shop or take in the atmosphere. You may self park of valet park; like the parks, you only pay for valet parking once per day so keep the ticket stub if you plan on visiting other resort hotels.

nyfrenchy

Universal charges $11 as well but at least it's a covered parking.

Now that Disney raised its parking to $11 I'd expect they provide us with a pair of oven mitten.

bobjl527

Gosh, this will really irritate people. Now, you have to break a $20 bill to park. Imagine how much change the parking CM's will be counting out now. This will really slow things down out there.

Or just give them a single or 4 quarters with your twenty:animwink: .

bigorangeandy

I guess that parking at the water parks is still free. Our last two trips we would stay off site for a few days, then head over to a on site room. We would do our day at the water park when we were off site, to save the parking fee for that day. I've been thinking about getting an annual pass so that we could get a room discount and then the free parking. I'll throw it into a spread sheet and see what would work best for me for our trip next summer.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
I can understand wanting to protest the increased cost. I personally thought that the previous $10 a day charge was an insult to people already paying $70 a day to get into the park. However, wouldn't protests like the ones described above only be making the poor cast members at the parking booth suffer? They have no control over how much it costs to park. As it is they are paid peanuts, why make things more difficult for them?

Disney05

I can understand wanting to protest the increased cost. I personally thought that the previous $10 a day charge was an insult to people already paying $70 a day to get into the park. However, wouldn't protests like the ones described above only be making the poor cast members at the parking booth suffer? They have no control over how much it costs to park. As it is they are paid peanuts, why make things more difficult for them?
That's true. It's like anyplace else, the poor worker takes the complaints of patrons when it's the company that's to blame.

dmagickingdom

11 dollars to park

Well, it is sad that you must have this confirmed "please confirm" regarding the parking...I can't believe it's so important you must have it verified. Anyway, yes consider it confirmed. It is 11.00 to park for one day. There are so many sad people in here that just sit all day and wait for so many unimportant details such as a 1.00 price rise confirmation post. I came on here for 5 minutes to see what's going on in the unconfirmed world of disney. I don't stay on here all day to find out how many times Phil Holmes visits the restroom on a daily basis or "please confirm if the engineering staff cleaned that old bubblegum stain off the road in front of the emporium".
But, that's my opinion and you know what they say about that....

:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom