Parking now $11?

Maerj

goofyfan13

Park at Fort Wilderness and take the bus. There is no security kiosk there and it'll save you the $11. Problem solved.

I remember hearing that Disney is actually going to start checking if you are a resort guest in order to use the busses, so this may actually not work.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Gosh, this will really irritate people. Now, you have to break a $20 bill to park. Imagine how much change the parking CM's will be counting out now. This will really slow things down out there.

Yay for having an AP and staying on property!

Figment82

I saw the price change today as I was driving into the MK. I had to do a double take because I thought I was seeing things. I'm glad to know it was a recent change and I'm not so out of the loop. I don't pay to park anyway, but it's at least nice to be in the know. :)

NewfieFan

I remember hearing that Disney is actually going to start checking if you are a resort guest in order to use the busses, so this may actually not work.
Yeah, I heard that too (but don't ask where)! So I guess that would apply to DTD too b/c someone else on here mentioned parking at DTD. This doesn't affect me as I stay on site and use Disney transportation but I guess it affects alot of other people. If you're staying off site it looks like you're going to have to fork over the $11.:(

frank2271

I live 90 miles from WDW, so it's not uncommon for us to pick up and run over to the parks for just a few of hours. It was hard to swallow the $10 fee, we went over to AK yesterday and saw the $11 fee. We were very surprised. We have seasonal passes, so we had to pay. With high gas prices it cost us $20 in gas and now it is another $11 for parking. Totaling $31 just to get to the park.

I kinda understand the higher price at Universal, their parking garage must of cost a fortune and the up keep must be much more expensive. Disney has taken the parking charge too far.

Yesterday we got to AK at 1:45 and it closed @ 5:00, and we still had to pay to park. $11.00 for only 3 hours, disgraceful.

beefog

You stay off site you have to pay its just how it is and always was. $11 isn't bad try paying $25 to go watch the Jets at Giants Stadium in the Meadowlands in NJ now that hurts

PKD

Yeah, I heard that too (but don't ask where)! So I guess that would apply to DTD too b/c someone else on here mentioned parking at DTD. This doesn't affect me as I stay on site and use Disney transportation but I guess it affects alot of other people. If you're staying off site it looks like you're going to have to fork over the $11.:(

Parking at Downtown Disney doesn't help you with the parks or waterparks. The buses at Downtown Disney only travel to the resorts. I guess you could ride a buss to a resort and then ride another buss to the theme park of your choice....

As for the busses checking on if your a guest or not. I hope not as I use the busses a lot to park hope. Easier at times then trying to park yourself at two or more parks.

SpenceMan01

It's not going to affect anyone with valid park tickets. It says right on the back that it allows use of the Walt Disney World transportation system. I don't condone the tactics used to avoid the parking fees, as it really inconveniences other guests. We had to go to a resort to transfer busses just to get from the Studios to DtD one night. A few bad eggs spoil it for the rest of us.

sknydave

Do you have to show anything to take a bus from DTD to the Animal Kingdom Lodge? What about just driving there? It's one of the few resorts I've never been to and would like to look around and eat there.

JWG

This seems on pace with a $1 increase to all services. A co-worker of mine just got back from the World and said internet was $10.95 or $10.99 as well?

Can't confirm, but that's what I was told.

lilclerk

I gotta tell you, I pay $15 to park across the street from the Performing Arts Center here. :shrug: $11 for WDW ain't so bad.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Do you have to show anything to take a bus from DTD to the Animal Kingdom Lodge? What about just driving there? It's one of the few resorts I've never been to and would like to look around and eat there.
You will not need to show anything to take a bus from anywhere on property to a resort. If you are driving you will be asked for ID and your purpose of visit at the gate. You will then be given a 3 hour parking pass for the resort. If your car is there past there three hour time limit there is a possibility of having it towed but from my understanding generally only happens during peak season and at the resorts with much smaller parking lots like the Contemporary or the Poly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom