Parking now $11?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I got word that parking is now $11 at the theme parks - can anyone confirm? Supposedly new as of this morning.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
If this is true, then parking now cost about the same thing as a 2 day ticket to the Magic Kingdom in 1973 which included 16 attraction admissions. :eek:

scpergj

I saw the increase on Deb Wills site last night...apparently it's true.

It'll be hard on seasonal AP holders...looks like I'm going to upgrade one of ours to a regular AP since it looks like we'll have two trips this year off property - not our choice, the in-laws are visiting one time, and the mother-in-law has a timeshare at Orange Lake. At least that way we'll save, lets see...well, maybe not save, but definitely break even.

Kevin

Jerm

Welcome to my world. It has been 11 here at DL for over a year now! But I only get 2 parks and DTD for that where you guys get 4 parks DTD and water parks if you like! Or just do it the easy way and park at DTD and take a bus from there?!?!?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I guess the upkeep for the parking lots has skyrocketed, necessitating this 10% increase in price. :rolleyes:

TTATraveler

If this is true, then parking now cost about the same thing as a 2 day ticket to the Magic Kingdom in 1973 which included 16 attraction admissions. :eek:

Really puts things into perspective:lookaroun. I am glad AP's still get free parking and hope it remains that way.

Jerm

So do AAA members get free parking or just that different parking area? I have never had a car while I was there, just saw it last time while riding with a friend. Plus why would you not stay on-site? Unless of course you lived close, but then I am sure you all know the ways around park if you live close.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
I guess the upkeep for the parking lots has skyrocketed, necessitating this 10% increase in price. :rolleyes:

:lol: Really... lol. I would just shrug this off if they were actually adding some canopies for shade and maybe some drinking fountains out at the tram stops out in the lots themselves. Bah... what can ya do though. :shrug:

MrBug

Boy I'm sure they fought like heck in the board rooms to avoid this. We're probably getting a gift in the fact that it's not a 20% increase... :drevil:

culturenthrills

Well, Universal raised theres to $11 last year I believe. Of course it might take a little bit longer at the toll plaza's cause they gotta count out those ones and a five instead of giving a $10 as change. The crazy thing is most Six Flags charge $15 to park.

jt04

$11.00!!!

The price increase will cause more people to use mass transit instead of their cars and that will help cool down the earth.

Plus more money is needed to pay for all the new stuff on the way (hopefully).

mr alecshawn

The price increase will cause more people to use mass transit instead of their cars and that will help cool down the earth.

Plus more money is needed to pay for all the new stuff on the way (hopefully).
Cool down the earth? What a stupid comment...:ROFLOL:
NO, More people will not use mass transit. Parking has went up 1.00 BIG DEAL. Get over it folks.

joshwill

why would you not stay on-site?

cost.

ive stayed on site the last 15 or so times ive gone. this time, money is too tight. im saving close to $200 staying off site. im gonna miss the atmosphere of being on site as well as not have to drive after stagering out of PI at 130 am, but just cant afford it this time.

WDWFigment

cost.

ive stayed on site the last 15 or so times ive gone. this time, money is too tight. im saving close to $200 staying off site. im gonna miss the atmosphere of being on site as well as not have to drive after stagering out of PI at 130 am, but just cant afford it this time.

Not to pass judgment, but I hope you aren't inferring that you now will be driving after staggering out of PI.

Getting a DUI or killing someone would sort of undercut the argument about saving money.

coasterphil

Well, Universal raised theres to $11 last year I believe. Of course it might take a little bit longer at the toll plaza's cause they gotta count out those ones and a five instead of giving a $10 as change. The crazy thing is most Six Flags charge $15 to park.

You don't visit Six Flags several days in a row, stay at a Six Flags resort, spend $71 a ticket, or spend hundreds on Six Flags merchandise though either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom