News Parking lot at Disney's Animal Kingdom is at capacity (Jan 4 2018)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Ha. Ha. Hahahahaha.

Try visiting Cedar Point in the middle of October during a cold and windy night.

Then tell me that Disney in the 60's is cold with a straight face.

I have...and lived in Orlando and worked in places much colder...

The problem with Florida in sub 60s is the optics throw your senses off. It looks like it's 88 outside...never any clouds...but it hits you every time you go in an out of it. Your body doesn't reset.

And there's no breeze when it's 98...but you get a lot of chill and movement across the state from the waters when temperature dips and the humidity drops...it's only 80 miles across.

I'd rather be in Calgary at the foot of the mountains at 10 than Orlando at 50...dead honest to yaweh

21stamps

Garth was part of the Cultural Representative Program, and they are not the Wilderness Explorers. We were discussing what it was like in his country and we learn more and more about the individual and what they do or want to do in their country.

Wow. I wish I would have known about that in November!

We spent a fair amount of time talking to a wood carver in ‘16. He told about his childhood and how he learned wood carving from his father.. my son was loving every second of it.

EricsBiscuit

Are you talking about the wilderness explorer stations, or something different?
They have different little carts with some photographs and books on the different countries accompanied by a CM from that country. There's usually one by he Flights of Wonder theater and a few more scattered around. It's always very interesting having a conversation with someone from Thailand or somewhere else that is so different from us but really so similar as well.

EvilChameleon

Brutal..stick to the Haunted Houses.. same reason why I didn’t go on Mystic Timbers during Winterfest.. and why I would never go to WDW during January.

I still had a blast. It's one of those things in life you'd never do again, but you're glad you did it just once.

Sort of like visiting the Magic Kingdom on NYE. That sort of thing.

drizgirl

I see your point but it's not really WDW's fault that entirely too many people come here at the same time especially during the holidays, and we are approaching the largest race weekend of the year.
I wondered who plopped that race into the schedule when nobody was looking. I hate when that happens.........

Cake

I humbly posit that this is partially a reflection of everything that has closed, lost capacity due to re-imagining, or has become a wasteland.

Think of all the people not at the backlot tour, great movie ride, honey i shrunk the playset, the sound show, communicore, Imageworks, etc. or even the loss of people eaters like horizons and world of motion, and left-to-rot spaces like the Seas.

Well said!

StarshipDisney

Disney's answer seems to be build more DVCs--- open off site hotels to extra hours, hardly an attempt to get a handle on the crowds and insane wait times

I must agree and this is what worries me. I never had any concerns about Disney until I joined this forum and started reading the threads here about horrible crowds, horrendous bus service, multi-hour ride lines, etc..

I only go to Disney every couple years with the last trip in September 2016. I really had no issues with that trip in any way. To me anyway, there were no crowd issues, bus service was fine, and we did walk on to several rides with no wait. But with what all I read here, I have to wonder if Disney has really fallen that much in just 2 years.

My next trip is 01-08 December 2018 so guess I will just have to see for myself. IF the parks are so crowded that I cannot enjoy them...IF the bus service has really gotten as bad as some say...and IF I cannot even secure Fastpasses for FOP...then guess I may begin to lose my love for going every other year. I only can wonder if Walt would approve if he were to see his parks today!

EricsBiscuit

I must agree and this is what worries me. I never had any concerns about Disney until I joined this forum and started reading the threads here about horrible crowds, horrendous bus service, multi-hour ride lines, etc..

I only go to Disney every couple years with the last trip in September 2016. I really had no issues with that trip in any way. To me anyway, there were no crowd issues, bus service was fine, and we did walk on to several rides with no wait. But with what all I read here, I have to wonder if Disney has really fallen that much in just 2 years.

My next trip is 01-08 December 2018 so guess I will just have to see for myself. IF the parks are so crowded that I cannot enjoy them...IF the bus service has really gotten as bad as some say...and IF I cannot even secure Fastpasses for FOP...then guess I may begin to lose my love for going every other year. I only can wonder if Walt would approve if he were to see his parks today!
Disney hasn't fallen since 2016. It's on an up trendline since I'd say 2010 that will only continue through 2021 and beyond. I stayed there for New Years and it was awesome. Don't worry!

cjkeating

Anyone care to guesstimate (or know) the gate figure for Animal Kingdom yesterday? Could it have been a record as even on Pandora opening days the rest of the park was manageable?

disneygeek90

Anyone care to guesstimate (or know) the gate figure for Animal Kingdom yesterday? Could it have been a record as even on Pandora opening days the rest of the park was manageable?
I was there at Opening Day. While I don't have the numbers, I find it hard to believe there were as many yesterday as Opening Day. There was a 2 hour wait just to get into Pandora, and a separate line to get into the shop.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I have...and lived in Orlando and worked in places much colder...

The problem with Florida in sub 60s is the optics throw your senses off. It looks like it's 88 outside...never any clouds...but it hits you every time you go in an out of it. Your body doesn't reset.

And there's no breeze when it's 98...but you get a lot of chill and movement across the state from the waters when temperature dips and the humidity drops...it's only 80 miles across.

I'd rather be in Calgary at the foot of the mountains at 10 than Orlando at 50...dead honest to yaweh
SW Ohio hasn't been above freezing for a week. I'll take WDW at 50, Alex...

21stamps

SW Ohio hasn't been above freezing for a week. I'll take WDW at 50, Alex...

My kid has had 2 hour delays the past 2 days, then around 9 pm last night they cancelled today altogether. It hasn’t been this cold for so many consecutive days since we moved here..can’t even go skiing or tubing in this weather. Looking forward to the end of this craziness.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom