Parking Increase as of 10/9

TomorrowlandOps

Original Poster
Effective October 9, 2005 parking fees are as follows:

<DIR>$9.00 - Car/Taxi/Shuttle/Limousine
$10.00 - Camper/Trailer
$12.00 - Bus/Tractor Trailer
</DIR>

I think thats what universal is up to now also. I could be wrong about that though. I get free parking at both places so it doens really bother me

crazygirley

TTATraveler said:
Don't ever park your car in New York City then :D
LOL!!! Thanks for the warning!!!

I hate it when I go to downtown Birmingham (Michigan) and have to pay $1 to park in a parking garage... and thats after the free hour!!!

Yoop33

Yes Universal is $9. Just there the other day. Tried using the parking pass from the previous day. Didn't work

cherrynegra

crazygirley said:
OMG! I can't imagine paying $9 to park my car ANYWHERE!!!

Um....in certain lots here in San Francisco it's $12 for the first 20 minutes. :lookaroun At least it's all day parking.

lnsemsf

Parking is such a rip off. I refuse to pay for parking at theme parks. I know plenty of scams and cheats to get around it, that or I borrow my friends Anual pass which has worked out well for the last year. $9?! Kiss off Disney/Universal.

crazygirley

I just paid $24 to park for 4 hours in Downtown Chicago
Um....in certain lots here in San Francisco it's $12 for the first 20 minutes. :lookaroun At least it's all day parking.
I guess I should have said I can't imagine myself paying that kind of money to park... I can imagine places where you would have to pay it to park... I just wouldn't be parking there!

crazygirley

lnsemsf said:
Parking is such a rip off. I refuse to pay for parking at theme parks. I know plenty of scams and cheats to get around it, that or I borrow my friends Anual pass which has worked out well for the last year. $9?! Kiss off Disney/Universal.
You shouldn't cheat. More importantly, you shouldn't post that you cheat... you will get ripped to shreads for posting something like that here.

Craig & Lisa

crazygirley said:
I guess I should have said I can't imagine myself paying that kind of money to park... I can imagine places where you would have to pay it to park... I just wouldn't be parking there!

then you'd better not come to the Jersey shore, where you have to pay to park and use the beach!!:mad:

Tim G

lnsemsf said:
In that case... sooner or later they'll get you... WITH your friends annual pass... and so your friends card will be revoked... what a friend you are...

DDuckFan130

The parking is no big deal. Not just because we stay on property and don't have to pay :lookaroun but because down here, you pay more to go to the beach, local nightspots, and the sports events. The Marlins parking this season was $10. Luckily, we only paid for it the last game :lol:

crazygirley

Corrus said:
In that case... sooner or later they'll get you... WITH your friends annual pass... and so your friends card will be revoked... what a friend you are...
I second that. I have am a Passholder. I don't know who your friends are, but they are stupid to risk losing $500 just so their cheap friend can save $9. We pay extra for an AP so we can have the amenities... not so someone else can.

speck76

scorp111 said:
Have to love 12.5% rate increases..........

The could have done a smaller increase.....maybe to $8.37.....and then you can have a great time waiting for hours while 7,000 driver get their change back

lnsemsf

It's been about 10 years since I've paid to park there, through various ways. Do I feel bad? No. Do I feel good, Absolutely. Am I worried about my friends pass being taken away? No. Hell I let my sister borrow it and she has just shown them the anual pass sleve and they let her in. Until I mentioned it she didnt even know she had to show the ticket. How are they going to prove who is who. I don't always bring my ID to theme parks, nor should I have to, I have a better chance of winning the lottery than having her pass taken away. And to be completely honest, if you all dislike it, that's your business. I'm just sick of being ripped off and raped of cash by huge companies. When I give somebody $200+ a year, I'm done, period. You guys could have walked by my car before, it didnt bother you, so why should it matter than now you know it was there for free? I don't see how it's your place to judge me, and how I chose to live my life. I was simply showing outrage at the parking fees that other people have to pay, showing concern for my fellow patrons. Did it hurt you, no. Does it slightly effect you? no. Am I sorry I brought it up, nah. I tend to enjoy complete strangers on the internet disliking me, it's pretty funny. Anyway I'll rephrase myself in a non offensive, or contravercial way... PARKING INCREASE BAD.

Done.

crazydaveh

You know, there are other people facing bigger problems than cheating to get a free parking spot these days, hopefully the guy who is the cheater is sending that $9 to hurricane relief or some organization that helps people!

Probably not though.

FYI, Shamu is also charging $9 a car. He's been charging that much since June. You have to pay for all the food the killer whales eat each day!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom