Parking in DTD to use the buses?

zachrupertdsn

Original Poster
For budget purposes I have to stay off-site this trip, but i do not really want to drive to the parks. I have read on several sites where people suggest driving to downtown disney to ride the buses to the parks. Is this a good idea or should I drive the car in and give my girlfriend the experience of riding the little tram to the park from the parking lot?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
You can not take a bus to or from DTD to any of the 4 parks. You would have to go from DTD to a resort then from there to a park. This would take at least one hour if not more.

joanna71985

For budget purposes I have to stay off-site this trip, but i do not really want to drive to the parks. I have read on several sites where people suggest driving to downtown disney to ride the buses to the parks. Is this a good idea or should I drive the car in and give my girlfriend the experience of riding the little tram to the park from the parking lot?

I wouldn't recommend this, as it can take a really long time to get to the parks (the buses from DTD do not go directly to any of the parks. So you would have to first go to a resort, then transfer buses). It would be so much easier just to drive to the parks.

Also, it's not really fair to the people who want to go to DTD for the intended purpose of DTD (shopping, eating there, ect). At times, it can be hard enough finding parking as it is.

disney4life2008

Please do not do this. Parking at DTD is bad enough as it is. If you can not afford the dollars it costs for parking at the theme parks then do not go at all.

zachrupertdsn

Original Poster
I didn't think it sounded like a good plan either, wanted to get some perspective though. I don't think parking at the parks is bad, and the little tram rides can be fun, and my girlfriend never experienced it, so it should be fun, thanks everyone :animwink:

zachrupertdsn

Original Poster
It was never about the money, I got 12 dollars for parking, I was simply asking since several different sites on the internet suggested going the DTD route, but I didn't think it sounded too good, and I have got the chance to ride the tram from the parking lots in about ten years, so im looking forward to it.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It was never about the money, I got 12 dollars for parking, I was simply asking since several different sites on the internet suggested going the DTD route, but I didn't think it sounded too good, and I have got the chance to ride the tram from the parking lots in about ten years, so im looking forward to it.
Just out of morbid curiosity which sites suggested that?

Phonedave

The ONLY reason I can fathom a site recommending that is to save the $12. I am not saying thats why you thought of it, but that there is NO other benefit.

There are in fact much "better" places and ways to park if you want to try and avoid the $12. In reality, as you said, its only $12. If you are planning a vacation with food, air fare, lodging, park admission, etc whats an extra $12.

So, yes, park in the park lots and enjoy the tram, and at the end of the day you have a short trip back to your car and the satisfaction of knowing that you are not trying to "break the rules" to save $12

-dave

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Here is two I found by googling, I know there was others as well:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/535193/disney_world_tips_how_to_avoid_parking.html?cat=16

http://www.geardiary.com/2008/05/10/an-insider-guide-to-avoiding-disney-world-lines/

It seems some of these people feel like maybe its a little poke at the money machine that is disney, refusing to pay $12 for parking.
Man there are some glaring errors in those articles! You almost have to wonder if the authors have even been to WDW before? Good thing you came to WDWMagic before your trip.

Park at the Swan or Dolphin to avoid paying for parking! Uhhh they charge to park there even if you are staying at the resort.

Avoid a trip on the monorail or ferry at MK! So were are going to take a 1 hour bus ride to avoid a 10 minute monorail ride. Yeah. That math makes sense.

Part at the Disney resorts to avoid a parking fee! Price to park at WDW $12. Price to reclaim a car towed off property about $200. Sounds like a great deal to me!

zachrupertdsn

Original Poster
Oh. I knew these sites sounded sketchy at best, and always trust the advice of my good friends here before anyone else. :)

I_heart_Tigger

Man there are some glaring errors in those articles! You almost have to wonder if the authors have even been to WDW before? Good thing you came to WDWMagic before your trip.

Park at the Swan or Dolphin to avoid paying for parking! Uhhh they charge to park there even if you are staying at the resort.

Avoid a trip on the monorail or ferry at MK! So were are going to take a 1 hour bus ride to avoid a 10 minute monorail ride. Yeah. That math makes sense.

Part at the Disney resorts to avoid a parking fee! Price to park at WDW $12. Price to reclaim a car towed off property about $200. Sounds like a great deal to me!

Funny thing is some guy will probably take all this advice and then come on the boards and complain, "They had the nerve to charge me for parking at The Swan and it took me an hour to get to the parks then my car got towed...Disney sucks!" :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom