I said plus large fountain drink.

I was basing it off of the bold part of your first post:

"Lets see parking is $20
A simple burger and fries is $14
A large fountain drink is $4
Popcorn is $4
Will the insanity stop?"

Anyway this is silly and got way to far OT

For a third time, whether you get a soda, which comes at an additional cost to the meal or you get an ice water like I do, nothing is cheap.

And neither is parking (back OT)

disney4life2008

I was basing it off of the bold part of your first post:

"Lets see parking is $20
A simple burger and fries is $14
A large fountain drink is $4
Popcorn is $4
Will the insanity stop?"

Anyway this is silly and got way to far OT

For a third time, whether you get a soda, which comes at an additional cost to the meal or you get an ice water like I do, nothing is cheap.

And neither is parking (back OT)

Ibid.

Retroman40

I don't care either way about the tram ride (we often just walk in if we're parked at a reasonable distance), but I agree about the TTC and MK. I feel like it was designed to first appear as remote, separated from the regular world, and that just pulling up in a bus to the front gate takes away the opening number of the show, so to speak.

You and I may be the only people in this particular club, however. :)

No way - this particular "club" has huge membership numbers (including me so there's at least 3 of us!)

dponisci

with the new price increase, is there also a price increase on valet at the resorts? would make sense just to park there during busy times and avoid TTC...

French Quarter

with the new price increase, is there also a price increase on valet at the resorts? would make sense just to park there during busy times and avoid TTC...

Yes, the valet prices have also been increased from $15 to $25. So, it is, in fact, cheaper to park in the general TTC lot.

TheRabbit

How do you figure?
Drive up to any hotel, (at security booth) just say you want to go in and do some shopping, or eat dinner, or just look around because your thinking of staying there next time. It's not rocket science, people have been doing that for 40 years. Sometimes during very busy times of year (holidays), the MK resorts will require parking guests to have a verified dinner reservation. But those days are few and far between. Then once your parked, jump on a bus or monorail and go to the park of your choice.

French Quarter

Drive up to any hotel, (at security booth) just say you want to go in and do some shopping, or eat dinner, or just look around because your thinking of staying there next time. It's not rocket science, people have been doing that for 40 years. Sometimes during very busy times of year (holidays), the MK resorts will require parking guests to have a verified dinner reservation. But those days are few and far between. Then once your parked, jump on a bus or monorail and go to the park of your choice.

I suppose you could lie if you're into that.

TheRabbit

That I did.

I guess I was more wondering about how you could legally park for free. Wasn't realizing you were purposing a scam.
Ok, the resorts 'legally' let you park for free if you want to walk around and admire their shops and themed resorts, ask them, they will verify that. It's not a scam. A scam would be the hundred of thousands of people that used the old guest assistance card to not wait in line when they weren't really handicapped...thats a scam. I'm just telling you the way guests have avoided paying for parking for as long as the parks were open (43 yrs). No need to accuse me of being a liar, don't shoot the messenger, I was just giving you the info.

French Quarter

Ok, the resorts 'legally' let you park for free if you want to walk around and admire their shops and themed resorts, ask them, they will verify that. It's not a scam. A scam would be the hundred of thousands of people that used the old guest assistance card to not wait in line when they weren't really handicapped...thats a scam. I'm just telling you the way guests have avoided paying for parking for as long as the parks were open (43 yrs). No need to accuse me of being a liar, don't shoot the messenger, I was just giving you the info.

You said that you can park for free at the hotels and not have to be a guest and go to the park for the day as if this was allowed. I have no doubt that people do this by lying but it is actually not legal and they can be towed. Going into a hotel parking lot and telling the attendant that you are going to the hotel but going to the parks instead to avoid paying for parking is a scam. I'm not saying you personally did it or plan to.

TheRabbit

Ok, everyone can look at it a different way, I agree. But you won't get towed for that. A family member was security at Disney for 22 years and did the parking booths and lot security at most of the resorts. No one was ever towed for this. I'm dropping the subject now. Just wanted to answer your original question on how it is done. Did not want to get into a debate on morality. Good day.

French Quarter

Ok, everyone can look at it a different way, I agree. But you won't get towed for that. A family member was security at Disney for 22 years and did the parking booths and lot security at most of the resorts. No one was ever towed for this. I'm dropping the subject now. Just wanted to answer your original question on how it is done. Did not want to get into a debate on morality. Good day.

Sure...we can move on. But to be clear: You weren't answering my question. I posted about the increased cost for valets, which was directed at someone who had asked the question, and you responded to me by saying just park for free at the hotel and jump over to the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom