Parking fees at Walt Disney World theme park increase effective October 4

disney4life2008

That would be more attractive than an emh. I'm at the world now, and I can say I just can't enjoy MK without FP. That park is just so messed up, and a lot of it is because of FP, especially LM, but we could have stayed til midnight and I still left before 10. I'd rather have more fast passes than stay later.

I think its an interesting debate that will likely happen. The MK is in a hit bed right now the crowds, lines, waits, it is a mess. While I think FP+ had a great percentage to do with this I also think just more people have access to the disney world now from around the country.

Rider

I never use the free Valet. Much easier just to park in the garage and not wait for your car.

The killer feature for me is the Express pass after 4:00. If (God forbid) they dropped that I'd stop going to Uni.

doctornick

Maybe it's because I've always lived in/near major cities in the Northeast, but $20 for parking at a controlled/in demand place doesn't seem unreasonable to me. I've paid that much to park my car just to go out to dinner, let alone the prices I've seen for sporting events.

jmmiles

And that makes sense. What didn't was the majority of tickets sold (without that provision) were 1D1P. It just didn't add up. Of course the majority of tickets sold at the gate are single day tickets, they almost would have to be. Thanks for clearing that up Dave.

You also have to realize that if you are just counting pure ticket sales, the 1 day would naturally be high, then the 2 day etc. For example...you have two people who visit MK 10 times in a year. 1 buys a 10 day pass. 1 buys 10 1-day passes. So from a pure ticket sales perspective you have sold 11 tickets, with 90% of those being 1-day tickets. Now, if you were to calculate the ticket type of each person int he park that day, you would have 1 1-day and 1-10day. So obviously a 1-day ticket has more true sales...but that does not make it the most popular ticket option.

redjebvt

It is also a very safe bet that extra magic hours will be phased out in the next 24 months.
Our family may be in the minority, but we make it a point to avoid the park(s) with extra magic hours for that day, or to go for the
EMH only and hop to other parks for the bulk of the day. We tend to find the park(s) with EMH much more crowded on those days.

Goofyernmost

You also have to realize that if you are just counting pure ticket sales, the 1 day would naturally be high, then the 2 day etc. For example...you have two people who visit MK 10 times in a year. 1 buys a 10 day pass. 1 buys 10 1-day passes. So from a pure ticket sales perspective you have sold 11 tickets, with 90% of those being 1-day tickets. Now, if you were to calculate the ticket type of each person int he park that day, you would have 1 1-day and 1-10day. So obviously a 1-day ticket has more true sales...but that does not make it the most popular ticket option.
It's quite easy to over think this, so OK and you are correct, that does not make it the most popular option. :)

disney4life2008

Our family may be in the minority, but we make it a point to avoid the park(s) with extra magic hours for that day, or to go for the
EMH only and hop to other parks for the bulk of the day. We tend to find the park(s) with EMH much more crowded on those days.

Morning EMHs that is 100 percent the scenario. However, evening hours are nice in the last hour. In MK for example, you can complete a good portion of the attractions (if not all of the major attractions). Usually within 30 minutes of closing its a ghost town.

disney4life2008

Will they take $20 in loose nickles at the parking booth?

LOL I would never do that to a disney parking CM. They are all so nice. But, I have been known to pay for things in unrolled change just to p off someone lol. But sometimes it is deserved. Just like the server at Red Robin who huffed and puffed everytime I asked for a refill of fries (ummmm their tagline is unlimited fries). The look on her face when she saw $0.00 written and crossed out on the tip line and a nice shinny dime in the pocket LOL

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I never use the free Valet. Much easier just to park in the garage and not wait for your car.

The killer feature for me is the Express pass after 4:00. If (God forbid) they dropped that I'd stop going to Uni.

I like valet when the garage is full then you really get the value, When it's not busy walking in is as you say much quicker, The express pass after 4 is the cats meow though you can do lots of stuff between then and closing and it's getting more comfortable as the sun begins to set so the timing is PERFECT.

BuddyThomas

LOL I would never do that to a disney parking CM. They are all so nice. But, I have been known to pay for things in unrolled change just to p off someone lol. But sometimes it is deserved. Just like the server at Red Robin who huffed and puffed everytime I asked for a refill of fries (ummmm their tagline is unlimited fries). The look on her face when she saw $0.00 written and crossed out on the tip line and a nice shinny dime in the pocket LOL
Make sure you never go back to that restaurant again.
;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom