Park Ticket price potentially increasing

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I-4 at rush hour is a disgrace...HMMMM, last I checked, London has congestion pricing...so if I had to pay exorbitant prices for the RIGHT to visit a city, I would expect the roads to be less crowded.

Don't forget the extra tax/fee just to leave the country via airplane. Increased the price of a plane ticket around $200 USD if I remember correctly, last time I checked, which was about a year ago. All the people leaving the country are subsidizing those living there!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I'm not privy to The Mouse's numbers, but if eliminating cheap APs for Florida residents will help reduce congestion at WDW - while leaving the bottom line relatively unscathed, then I'm all for it.

Florida has over 100 million visitor a year....about 50% end up in the Orlando area. I doubt eliminating FL resident passes at WDW will put a serious dent in this figure.

Tom P.

Cull annual passes, and invest in new attractions. Locals will attend anyways. Nothing else to do in Orlando.
Okay, you HAVE to be trolling, right? I mean, just admit it and let's all have a good laugh.

You do realize that Disney's largest competitor in the theme park business is literally just down the road in Orlando, right?

Also, I could point out that Walt Disney World is not actually in Orlando, but that would be pedantic. :)

MaximumEd

Agree with this fully.

Locals use the parks, the same we would use walking trails and parks in cities we live. It's this that is one of the primary causes of crowd abuse. And it's the insane crowds that is the number one hate for tourists.

Fine, we’ll stay out of WDW and you stay off the walking trails. No one wants stupid locals clogging up the trails when we visit the UK.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I don't mind an increase - as long as we are not subsiding cheap annual passes for Floridians AND THERE IS AN INVESTMENT IN NEW ATTRACTIONS.

The cheap annual passes for Floridians are ruining the parks with the crowds they contribute, at the detriment of big spending international tourists.
Please provide your proof of the above statement !

seascape

Okay, you HAVE to be trolling, right? I mean, just admit it and let's all have a good laugh.

You do realize that Disney's largest competitor in the theme park business is literally just down the road in Orlando, right?

Also, I could point out that Walt Disney World is not actually in Orlando, but that would be pedantic. :)
Disney's largest competitor is down the street but it is not Universal. Merlin is the number 2 themepark company worldwide based on attendance. Universal was number in 2018 but will be number 4 in 2020 falling behind Oct Parks.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Disney's largest competitor is down the street but it is not Universal. Merlin is the number 2 themepark company worldwide based on attendance. Universal was number in 2018 but will be number 4 in 2020 falling behind Oct Parks.
Just because they are no2 worldwide doesn't make them Disney world's biggest competitor.
Most people don't come to Florida for Legoland or the Orlando eye.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Agree with this fully.

Locals use the parks, the same we would use walking trails and parks in cities we live. It's this that is one of the primary causes of crowd abuse. And it's the insane crowds that is the number one hate for tourists.
Just because you repeat it over and over, no matter how much you want to believe it doesn’t make it true.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom