Park Shows Representation on Disney+

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
I noticed that Disney+ has a lot of theme park content.... I was curious...

If Disney were to professionally film Festival of the Lion King, Finding Nemo the Music, Indiana Jones Epic Stunt... You know, all the live shows for the platform, would you be for it? Personally, I think Disney should at least post a film of all the shows that closed since nobody got to really say goodbye to things that seem to be goners like Nemo and Mermaid...

NelleBelle

The Disney focus Erie’s is my favorite Disney+ content. My kids even watched the imagineering story for part of their math class last semester.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I noticed that Disney+ has a lot of theme park content.... I was curious...

If Disney were to professionally film Festival of the Lion King, Finding Nemo the Music, Indiana Jones Epic Stunt... You know, all the live shows for the platform, would you be for it? Personally, I think Disney should at least post a film of all the shows that closed since nobody got to really say goodbye to things that seem to be goners like Nemo and Mermaid...
I beat them to it. Though sadly my plans for Nemo seem to be trashed.

(I won’t judge how professional what I did manage to do is)

Last edited:

doctornick

I kinda think they could do way more with theme park content and their isn’t enough.

Imagineering Story is an incredible series, that I hope receives a season two or something else like it.

I feel like there was a rumor of a similar series focused on the development or nuances of specific attractions that was planned

doctornick

Whatever happened to the Disney shows that had aired on Destination America? They used to have those "behind the scenes" type shows that played more like paid advertisements. I wonder if Disney owns their rights or if it is Discovery - and if it is the latter, do they have them featured on Discovery+?

yoda_5729

Whatever happened to the Disney shows that had aired on Destination America? They used to have those "behind the scenes" type shows that played more like paid advertisements. I wonder if Disney owns their rights or if it is Discovery - and if it is the latter, do they have them featured on Discovery+?

Those shows can be found on Tubi, though they are not in HD. I think Pluto TV also has a few. Many can also be found on YouTube I think.

Disney+ is also having the grand opening of Shanghai Disney premiere this month as well as Illuminations from Disneyland Paris.

Cmdr_Crimson

Those shows can be found on Tubi, though they are not in HD. I think Pluto TV also has a few. Many can also be found on YouTube I think.

Disney+ is also having the grand opening of Shanghai Disney premiere this month as well as Illuminations from Disneyland Paris.
Sam's Disney Diary has many of the Documentaries including TV specials holiday parade shows and much more..

And you can still order the 4 pack Docu series on Amazon..

Heppenheimer

There is also some kind of after-hours Magic Kingdom quest show that I saw briefly. The idea intrigued me... but the extreme overacting and emoting of the young participants was almost immediately more than I could tolerate.

DisneyHead123

I'd be more for a 'making of' documentary as it seems like the shows themselves might not be as magical outside the theme parks. I could be wrong though. My niece and nephew love to watch Youtube videos of the rides over and over, so they still find them magical even when not actually on the ride or in the park!

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
There is also some kind of after-hours Magic Kingdom quest show that I saw briefly. The idea intrigued me... but the extreme overacting and emoting of the young participants was almost immediately more than I could tolerate.
Yes I saw that one. It seemed to be aimed at little kids. Very cringe.

Marden

If they had the old WDW resort room tour video available (the one with Jiminy Cricket) I'd buy a lifetime Disney+ sub and have it constantly on, on at least one tv, at all times.

Brer Panther

I remember loving those. They were released on DVD years ago, for what it's worth.

doctornick

I remember loving those. They were released on DVD years ago, for what it's worth.
To be honest, I’ve probably seen most of them and I didn’t really bring them up for myself. But they seem like they’d be really easy content to add to D+ to increase the stuff on there and have some company synergy with promoting the parks.

That said, they probably don’t care about promoting the parks too hard until capacity increases. Furthermore I wonder how much stuff in those shows might be outdated now from things that have closed or changed.

muddyrivers

There's very few movies/shows I'm interested in watching on Disney+ mainly because I'm not a Disney movies guy (sue me!) However, if there was a Parks section on the service showing all different theme park related footage (Carousel of Progress pre-show video from the queue, on ride video of Living with the Land, performance of Food Rocks and Kitchen Kabaret, etc.) I would be watching Disney+ a lot more!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom