Park Openings

MickeyGirl910

Hi All!!!!!! This is my first time starting a thread so I hope I got it in the right place. I put it in planning because the answers I get will determine how early I plan to get up!!! :lol::lol::lookaroun

I know that there is a little show before the Magic Kingdom opens, but do any of the rest of the parks do anything like this? I searched and couldn't find anything. I'm taking my 6-year-old niece to WDW in October, and after hearing about the Magic Kingdom show from her older sister, has insisted that she see how every park opens!!!!!!!! I was wondering if there's really anything to see!! :veryconfu

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
AS of last summer/fall, there was a little ceremony at Epcot. About 1/2 hour before opening cast members are out playing little games (shoot the basketball in the garbage can, etc.) and generally just playing around with guests. Rope was set past Spaceship Earth (which was closed), on the other side of tip sign/pin trading place, just short of where you could head right or left to the innoventions breezeway. Mickey et al come out, and a replica test track car is brought out front just on the other side of the rope. A family is introduced as the family of the day, and they get into the Test Track car. There is a short countdown, with the Test Track car driving away (towards Test Track, 'natch) during the countdown. At zero the rope is dropped, and everybody walks calmly behind the uniformed cast members to the attraction of their choice.

A pic is attached, if I do this right.

Attachments

• 100_1713.JPG
    100_1713.JPG
    271.6 KB · Views: 30
Upvote 0

MickeyGirl910

Original Poster
Okay, here's a stupid question, and feel free to say so, but do these only happen at regular park opening times or do they also happen on EMH days?

Upvote 0

Wendy517

Animal Kingdom has the awakening which is nice.

The Awakening is just past the turnstiles as you enter the Oasis, and it's very nice. Also, closer to the Tree of Life, Minnie & Goofy show up in a 'safari' truck, and Mickey pops out to welcome you to DAK. 'Let the adventure begin'...then the rope drops and everyone proceeds calmly to their first destination :ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

007mickey

...then the rope drops and everyone proceeds calmly to their first destination :ROFLOL:

calmly = pandemonium, bedlam, chaos

When the "rope" drops, I grab my wife and kids and pray the stampede doesn't run us down! I've seen some crazy families when that "rope" drops.

Upvote 0

DAKOTADISNEY

Hollywood Studios has an opening as well. We saw it when we were there in February. They pick a few people from the audience to help with the opening, like they are shooting a scene from a movie. It was on the main street before the corner to turn to Tower of Terror. It was cute.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom