park hopping.......very misunderstood

Tom Morrow

The OP has a point and is not trolling. Think about it, how many people would use a one day, one park ticket at DHS in it's current state? Almost none.

Goofyernmost

The OP has a point and is not trolling. Think about it, how many people would use a one day, one park ticket at DHS in it's current state? Almost none.
Probably true, but, the discussion was about park hopping in general not the relative virtue of DHS in it's current state. The merits of park hopping go way past one single park and what it does and doesn't offer. It, in fact, has nothing to do with it at all. It is much more a personal touring style that is either justified by an individual or it isn't. Those that do justify it get park hopping that those the don't... do not!

jaklgreen

It looks like you more or less understand what I'm getting at--- you indeed got the gist(Yes, you surprised me afterall).......Which begs the question: why did you announce earlier to the board that you did not know what my point is when you had a fairly good grasp of it???? And you even prefaced it with a "to be honest"......
Hmmmmm??

Time to expand on my point.

If individual Disney parks (Universal, too) offered an experience so stellar, so over the top, something so profound and meaningful then the park goer would have little desire to seek entertainment at another park. If these individual parks arrested the guest like what Star Wars did to the movie goer in 1977.........whereby viewers would not leave their seats because they were so invested and saturated, just fully engrossed in the experience, even forsaking bathroom breaks and concession eats from opening scrolls to closing credits............then guests would not concern themselves with hopping over to get that 2:30 Test Track ride or making that 7pm dinner reservation at Citricos. They would finish the "movie" which they started.

Fittingly, I bet Galaxy's Edge will arrest the guest to the point of her not wanting to hop to a different park experience.

Why does it have to be all of nothing? This might be your opinion on why you would hop, but you can't speak for everyone. If we felt that the parks did not have enough to offer, then most of us would not be repeat visitors. Everyone vacations differently, why are you so adamant that it is ONLY because the parks can not hold someone's interest? I have been going to WDW for a long time. I go yearly at fall for the F&WF and stay at least 2 weeks. Some days I will go to MK in the morning and then go to one of the seminars at Epcot in the afternoon. Or I wake up and want to ride the safari at AK, so I go do that, walk around the aviary and then go to MK and ride people mover and go in the laugh floor. Not everyone goes into the parks and feels like they have to go from open to close and ride every single thing 3 times in order to have a "good vacation".

parkhopper1213

No doubt that millions use the feature(for good reasons, too)......but what I'm getting at is the obvious but often overlooked:

A guest only hops when she can not get what she wants in the first park. If a park were sound enough then one would not leave it to go to another.

When I'm in Tokyo I do not park hop because each of the two parks are self contained experiences, offerings everything I could ever want/need for the day from attractions to eats to shopping

And when I'm in Anaheim I hop on a very limited basis because once again, for the most part, each park is sufficient.

We are annual passholders and use the park hopper feature quite often. We park hop when there were weather issues (heat or rain). Some parks like Magic Kingdom have more places to duck into. We also park hop during the Christmas season when Magic Kingdom gets too crowded. It is a hassle to park hop in most cases now, especially with the added security. More lines to stand in. In a 1 week trip, we will park hop at least 2 or 3 times.

Jeff456

I enjoy park hopping, I don't want to be limited to one park per day! It's a feature of UK ultimate tickets though so there is no option not to have it.. obviously my opinion might be different if I had to add it to a MYW ticket.

FettFan

Park hopping at its core demonstrates shortcomings.

I find it almost funny how Disney markets "park hopping" as a desirable feature------and millions mindlessly eat it up.

1. You don't provide any reason that hopping has any "shortcomings".

2. I find park-hopping actually quite useful. Case in point, when my family made a dinner reservation at La Hacienda in Epcot, but spent the morning at the Magic Kingdom.
Also, we usually spend our last day on a blitz of the parks, doing our favorite attractions. Everest at Animal Kingdom, Star Tours and Tower of Terror at DHS, Test Track and Spaceship Earth at Epcot, then finishing the evening by hitting up Pirates, Splash, Big Thunder, and the Haunted Mansion then shopping on Main Street USA before the fireworks and returning to the hotel.

Goofyernmost

I feel so sorry for the people just coming into this thread thinking the OP actually intended to have a reasonable discussion... :joyfull:
I feel worse for people that come on and start a discussion by calling others basically stupid for enjoying park hopping, like it is some kind of weakness in both intelligence and judgment and doing that might expect a "reasonable discussion". I also feel sorry for people that cannot see that there has been a discussion, however, the opposing side has had the better more sensible argument.

eliza61nyc

I feel so sorry for the people just coming into this thread thinking the OP actually intended to have a reasonable discussion... :joyfull:
lol. Naw. if you plan on having a reasonable discussion you don't use lines like. "millions are mindlessly eating it up" as an opening line. AS if to say we are too stupid to understand why Disney offers park hopping.

Nubs70

For the commando tourist plan, absolutely a waste. But after a few visits when you know the rides you need to ride and the places to eat, it is a nice option. If you are fine with one park and ADR, park hopper is not justified.

KBLovedDisney

he's forum hopping.
I immediately thought of this guy after reading that

disneygurl

depends.....the current suck about it is how lopsided the parks are in certain offerings. for example the studios is nowhere near a full day park currently and if fantasmic isn't a priority can be done by legit noon if you plan smart. and than there's epcot attraction wise another half day park BUT if you like all the dining that the park is very heavy on than there's that. for example I often finish at epcot for dinner but do another park during the day.

park hoping is totally dependent on how you planned your vacation. if dining always matches the park you selected for that day on your vacation than it's not needed more or less. on the other side of the coin I hate crowds and if somebody asked me how to plan a vaca I would do 2 or 3 mornings at MK (rope drops) and finish all those days at other parks (also where your fastpass is) and than on your "MK" Day you can take it easy and soak it in without waiting.

You've described my perfect Disney vacation. I'm there for rope drop then about sometime around noon-ish I leave MK and go have a nice leisurely lunch, sometimes some pool time, power nap, then back to the parks for evening/night time. This works great for me. It works every time. If the MK is crazy busy then park hopper to the rescue!

ColinP29

No doubt that millions use the feature(for good reasons, too)......but what I'm getting at is the obvious but often overlooked:

A guest only hops when she can not get what she wants in the first park. If a park were sound enough then one would not leave it to go to another.

When I'm in Tokyo I do not park hop because each of the two parks are self contained experiences, offerings everything I could ever want/need for the day from attractions to eats to shopping

And when I'm in Anaheim I hop on a very limited basis because once again, for the most part, each park is sufficient.

If millions use the park hopper for good reasons, it can't be that misunderstood.

SuzyQue

My DH and I are lucky enough to go once a year, but we never know how long each visit will be. I hate to limit what parks we can attend because of how many days we might be there. Park hoppers allow us to see all 4 parks no matter how long we're there. Now if they would only bring back the non-expiring tickets so we wouldn't have to waste a ticket on a day we decide not to do the parks due to weather etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom