Park closures in May or June?

sbkline

We are arriving in Kissimmee on Sunday, May 24, staying through Wednesday, June 3. Our first day in the parks will be Monday, May 25 which is Memorial Day. I had never thought of this before until just now as I was reading an article on WDW planning tips and it mentioned the possibility of park closures at certain busy times of the year. It specifically mentioned folks, such as myself and family, who may leave the park for the afternoon, only to come back in the evening and find the park closed due to capacity. Just curious if there are good chances of this happening on Memorial Day, or sometime during that week. I would hate to have our supper reservation ruined if we are not able to get back into the park.

Lucky

Even on July 4 this year it was only a phase 2 closing, which allows for a lot of exceptions.

Phase 2 Park Closing
Admission is limited to:
  • Disney Resort Guests (including the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin, and guests arriving by bus from the Hotel Plaza Boulevard hotels)
  • Annual, Premier and Premium Annual Passholders
  • Guests with Hopper tickets coming from another park
  • Guests re-entering the park
  • Guests with dining reservations
  • Magic Kingdom Guests with reservations for Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique or The Pirates League
  • Guests using Walt Disney World Resort Transportation will be admitted.
  • Guests with pre-purchased 1 day Magic Kingdom tickets

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom