Park attendence

dcr525

Original Poster
i have to make a quick trip to orlando this weekend, and on sunday i am planning to go to MK. I was just curious if anyone knows if this will be before the summer rush or if it is just in the period of smaller crowds?

wvdisneyfamily

The advice always given to me was go as early in the summer season as you can. It may be busy, but I think you may miss the summer crowds. Schools here in the South are still in session. I imagine it is the same in other places. Schools will start letting out next week.

scottnj1966

Usually it is a good time, still will be compared to when the summer crowds show up but it has been at least thee years since I have seen the mk slow.

I go all the time, they have been doing so well all year round these days.

The advice always given to me was go as early in the summer season as you can. It may be busy, but I think you may miss the summer crowds. Schools here in the South are still in session. I imagine it is the same in other places. Schools will start letting out next week.

Schools in the state of Louisiana and Mississippi (Gulf reigon) have been out for a couple of weeks now.

StageFrenzy

The parking lots were light today at the world (now yesterday) i hit various attractions at MK, DHS and Epcot. The crowds weren't that bad, I walked by Peter Pan @ 2 and it was only a 35 min wait. The crowds seemed to all hit the same attraction at the same time though. ie all of a sudden Space mountain had a line protruding 100ft from the building in standby and FP (Got the Birds eye view from TTA.) or jungle cruise with a 40min wait while I got on pirates in 5.

tdonald

Keep in mind that it's a Sunday, so MK have EMH that night. It usually doesn't get too crowded until the afternoon and evening, but expect the crowds to grow as the day goes by. If want lower crowds, my advice is to go as early as possible and leave whenever you want to, depending on what the crowds and your schedule.

dcr525

Original Poster
thanks for the info. yeah MK is always crowded but we just had a free day and some days left on tickets that are about to expire so we were like lets just go for a day while were there(it will be kinda wierd to just go one day), but i guess thats a positive of living in florida. but i think the most telling thing was the peter pan line, i cant even remember the last time i saw that line with only a 35 min wait.

ToTBellHop

Disney adjusts its park hours according to expected crowds...and the MK is open until 11 pm on Sunday. What does that tell you about expected crowds?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom